Author Topic: A well regulated militia...  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
A well regulated militia...
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
"The reason why that law was written was to ensure that the OTHER laws remain in effect."

Really? How? Giving arms to civilians ensure other laws remain in effect? That logic escapes me.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2001, 05:51:00 PM »
I...Now..But...

<ponders>

<shuts up>

<walks away>

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"You filthy piece of distended rectum! DIE allierte schweinhund!"

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2001, 06:59:00 AM »
 Uhhh... as far a an armed population being useless as far as resistance to the government should it go sour... it is VERY feasible. Guerrilla Warfare is something that an underarmed but determined population can easily pull off. The common household holds quite a few items alone that can make various items of destruction. Guerrilla warfare in America would make Vietnam look tame...

Giving up guns is a damn simple seeming solution isn't it? I mean we give up that 2nd amendment and we'll sleep better while the big man watches over us. They'll protect us, watch us and tell us what to eat and drink so as we don't get hurt. Yep... they got it all planed out.

Freedom isn't easy... its fraught with perils to be sure. You don't give away freedom though for security... its a lot damn harder to get it back after its gone than to hold on to it. If your solution is to hand it away then perhaps you'd better take a long hard look at what makes you tick.

There's this place up in D.C. full of Soldiers, Sailors and AIrmen whom paid the ultimate price for freedom... and now some of you sorry tulips want to just hand it over... "we cant handle it sir, here you have it back...". Its pretty damn sad.

batdog

[This message has been edited by batdog (edited 03-26-2001).]
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2001, 04:24:00 PM »
No, Toad - I'm saying you step on someone's foot, and they see it as a slight. They give you a good kicking. An extreme example, to be sure, but to that nutter you ARE insulting him.

Having respect for other people? Even communist anti-american brit scum can see that's a good thing.  

War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.