Author Topic: Just Talk to Her Already  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2005, 06:43:53 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Wow....

Yer basically saying that it's a fiasco now....

But, doesn't a fiasco require Latin music?

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2005, 06:47:10 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
So its hate when you question the motives of a women doing something like this?

People should not question why another person is doing something like this?

Uhhhh . . .

Read the news:

Bill O'Reilly says she is guilty of Treason
Michelle Malkin has channeled the dead son to attack her
All this Blogosphere hatred is a simple query?

Oh yeah baby, that's accurate!

Dude, this is the Neocon hate machine in full swing, not someone saying "Gee Cindy, what's your motivation?"

By all means, excuse and pretend what you want, but surely you guys read and know enough to be honest anbout such things?

Let us drop the pretenses, please.

Sakai

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2005, 06:50:06 AM »
"By all means, excuse and pretend what you want, but surely you guys read and know enough to be honest anbout such things?

Let us drop the pretenses, please. "

Let's also drop the pretense that Sheehan is not part of the Soros/MoveOn/DNC hate machine.

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2005, 07:04:01 AM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Sakai,

What our Lord means to condemn is a censorious and fault-finding spirit. A readiness to blame others for trifling offences, or matters of indifference--a habit of passing rash and hasty judgments--a disposition to magnify the errors and infirmities of our neighbors, and make the worst of them--this is what our Lord forbids.  

Agreed, and if this point about what Christ condemns is not the description of the Karl Rov/Newt Gingrich principles of lies and destructive politics, the Rush Limbaughed, Ann Coultered, Michelle Malkinated and Sean Hannityized GOP, then it never existed in any form or any nation.  

As I said, it's a hatred machine, and it sold its soul for political gain, destroying any person who dares to ask "why".  

Rationalizing this is beneath any man capable of exegetical discretion, as you appear to be.

Homey don't play that in politics, neither should any many who claims to be a Christian for the savior plainly derided the Pharisees who were supposed to be the spiritual leaderhisp of the covenant, while refusing to engage--refusing to engage in any way, shape or form--the political power of Rome in Judah.

You sir, have sold your soul to Rome.  Evangelical Christianity has become Pharasiacal in its desire to engage in politics, the politics of hatred, derision, money grubbing and blood sport.  All in the name of Jesus. How nice.  

There is simply no excuse in any scripture for the politicization of Christianity, but I do love to see folks scramble to rationalize such.

Like the Pharisees, the evangelists in our nation scoff that "we have the truth, we know the real truth" and anyone who dares to query simply has to be errant.  "How dare anyone question a political agenda based on Christ, why, as we can plainly see he exhorted us to this calling . . ."

The Bible tells us a story.  A recurrent story that man should never forget:  People who claim to be of god (and this of course brings up the entire rationalization of ordination in protestantism) and then start to mingle in the philosophies of men always wield political power, and always bring their nations to destruction.  Always.  It is always man coming to god, then drifting away.  

"Come back to the raft Huck honey . . ."

Put that in context, and smoke it baby.

Sakai
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 07:57:47 AM by Sakai »

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2005, 07:09:50 AM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
"By all means, excuse and pretend what you want, but surely you guys read and know enough to be honest anbout such things?

Let us drop the pretenses, please. "

Let's also drop the pretense that Sheehan is not part of the Soros/MoveOn/DNC hate machine.

Poor Neocons, now that Soros offsets some of the Bruce Kovner,  Mellon-Scaife hit man money, and does it in the open instead of closeted like a little queen the way Mellon-Scaife does, it's evil?  

Dude, that's laughable.

Suppose Soros cut these folks a check?

Parents of Fallen Marine Make Plea to Bush

- - - - - - - - - - - -

By JOE MILICIA Associated Press Writer

August 16,2005 | CLEVELAND -- The day after burying their son, parents of a fallen Marine urged President Bush to either send more reinforcements to Iraq or withdraw U.S. troops altogether.

"We feel you either have to fight this war right or get out," Rosemary Palmer, mother of Lance Cpl. Edward Schroeder II, said Tuesday.

Schroeder, 23, died two weeks ago in a roadside explosion, one of 16 Ohio-based Marines killed recently in Iraq.

The soldier's father said his son and other Marines were being misused as a stabilizing force in Iraq.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2005, 07:23:28 AM »
He certainly didn't cut this family a check:

Austin TX Aug 15th KXAN news:

Matt and Toni Matula don't want their son's name to be part of an anti-war demonstration.

"Matthew was very proud of being a Marine and proud of his unit and what they were doing," Toni Matula said.

When the Matulas saw the Crawford protest on TV, something did more than just bother them.

"All this stuff going in crawford, we've just been watching it and shaking our heads until two days ago, we saw the crosses with the names on there," Matt Matula said.

On one white cross read the name Mattew Matula: their 20-year-old son who was killed in Iraq last year.

"He's not a victim, he's a hero, and I think that everybody that's serving our country is heroes," Matt Matula said.

"He knew joining the Marines, his chances are, that was the purpose. His main number one job was to defend our country. He was very aware of that before he signed up," Toni Matula said.

So Matt Matula went to Crawford to stand up for his son, a Marine who proudly stood by the war he died in.

"I went there and had Matthew's name taken off of there. It's fine for people to grieve their own way. It aggravates me to see them using other people's names to further their cause," Matt Matula said.

"For people to use his name against it is not what he died for. He died so that they can do that though," Toni Matula said.

The Matulas' youngest son has just recently joined the military and is also heading to Iraq.    
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2005, 07:37:36 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
He certainly didn't cut this family a check:

Austin TX Aug 15th KXAN news:

No one denigrates them for their decision, but don't confuse this attempt to divert the question from the real point ok?

Why should any man die for a war based on a pack of lies from a known liar?

No one has addressed that Bush has lied about a great many things in office and continues to dodge the question.  The response is:  "Well, now that we're dying for lies and mired in muck, wave the flag more and play some Sousa music . . ."

Oh yeah baby, that is the answer.

Sakai

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2005, 07:42:50 AM »
It looked like your point was the Neocons vs the Moore/MoveOns.

I guess I didn't read your post thouroughly.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2005, 07:54:40 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
It looked like your point was the Neocons vs the Moore/MoveOns.

I guess I didn't read your post thouroughly.

Thta's where folks want to take it, this was a tactic perfected by Newt Gingrich a couple decades ago:  take any response and simply throw up garbage, if it's flag waving garbage so much the better.  Attack anyone who asks a question that hurts you with language that derides and demeans.  It doesn't have to have anything to do with the actual question, just throw garbage out there until the question is lost and say "See, told you so" and walk away but never, ever respond to the question.  That leads to another question, and soon:  real dialogue and god knows, we can't have that ruin our political dreams.  

Well, I reckon I fished out this pond with enough Dupont lures to call it quits, I sincerely appreciate the kind and thoughtful responses.  

Sakai

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2005, 07:58:52 AM »
I just wonder why it is OK for the entire Congress to come together to help the poor unfortunate Schaivo parents, but it is too much to ask the President to say howdy to this lady?

Oh, and Sakai is my newest BBS hero.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2005, 08:09:49 AM »
but... soros isn't even an American..  course... neither is nash..

I would expect that every mother that lost a son at anything would be bitter... that is why we have stupid seat belt and helmet laws and a million other nanny laws lke gun control..

As children...We strive to move out of our moms house and live our own life and make our own choices... this ladies kid did.. he joined a war.  He got killed... even when he is dead his mom is using him to nanny everyone else.

I think it takes a certain type of person to be a soldier under any circumstance....  war is no diffferent... I think that the military can take the fun out of anything....  If you are doing something fun while being in the military... you will be in trouble if you get caught..  I watched em make shooting no fun at their range even..

I think we spent too much money in Iraq but I think we have made some gains their that were inevitable.   I really did want the sadman gone... I really would like a friendly place in the region besides the jews.

lazs

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2005, 10:21:25 AM »
Sakai,

Originally posted by Sakai
You sir, have sold your soul to Rome.  Evangelical Christianity has become Pharasiacal in its desire to engage in politics, the politics of hatred, derision, money grubbing and blood sport.  All in the name of Jesus. How nice.  

There is simply no excuse in any scripture for the politicization of Christianity, but I do love to see folks scramble to rationalize such.

Like the Pharisees, the evangelists in our nation scoff that "we have the truth, we know the real truth" and anyone who dares to query simply has to be errant.  "How dare anyone question a political agenda based on Christ, why, as we can plainly see he exhorted us to this calling . . ."

I'm going to leave this thread as gracefully as I can, because unfortunately I'm getting close to the rendering evil for evil stage and I don't think that replying to ad hominem rants is going to serve much purpose in any event. If you want to fold me into your "Republican right wing Christian hate attack machine," go ahead. My sermons are published on the internet and available in MP3 format the week after they are preached, if you want to take me to task for ignoring scriptural principles or breaking the moral law, I'll always listen, but from my perspective it seems to you want to simply attack anyone who doesn't happen to believe that the actions of Cindy Sheehan are right, laudable, and good.

Sakai, if you would care to do a search on my thoughts about using the Christian faith as a tool for politics on this board or indeed online, I'll be happy to be judged by the results, rather than constantly being prejudged by you.

Now when it comes to someone rendering a censorious judgment when their own glass house is rather fragile, I'd say Mrs. Sheehan could write a book:

"That lying b*stard, George Bush, is taking a five-week vacation in time of war," Sheehan tells the Veterans For Peace, Mike Ferner. "You get that maniac out here to talk with me in person. Bush needs to tell me why my son died in Iraq. I've got the whole month of August off, and so does he."

"The other thing I want him to tell me is 'just what was the noble cause Casey died for?' Was it freedom and democracy? Bull*****! He died for oil. He died to make your friends richer. He died to expand American imperialism in the Middle East. We're not freer here, thanks to your PATRIOT Act. Iraq is not free. You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," she says.

"There, I used the 'I' word -- imperialism," the 48 year-old mother quipped. "And now I'm going to use another 'I' word impeachment because we cannot have these people pardoned. They need to be tried on war crimes and go to jail. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny . . . you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me for back taxes and we'll put this war on trial."

I'd say my own kids would get spanked for using that kind of language but that would be "a right wing attack statement" based on the Bush White house issued 10 Judgemental attack statements, along with statements like Karl Rove (aka Paul the Apostle)'s press release to the Colossian Christian Right Hate Group to the effect of "But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth." (Col. 3:8)

Yeah, right Sakai, this is a mother grieving, it's not political, and no one has a right to render judgment based on her words and actions. Well, if that's the case then I'd better bow out, because frankly I'm disgusted and dispirited. You win Sakai, perhaps you can Ad Hom everyone else out of the discussion too.

- SEAGOON

BTW - My apologies to everyone else about the above, I definitely stayed in this one for too long for any good to come of it.
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2005, 10:41:27 AM »
Originally posted by Sakai
Uhhhh . . .

Read the news:

Bill O'Reilly says she is guilty of Treason
Michelle Malkin has channeled the dead son to attack her
All this Blogosphere hatred is a simple query?

Oh yeah baby, that's accurate!

Dude, this is the Neocon hate machine in full swing, not someone saying "Gee Cindy, what's your motivation?"

By all means, excuse and pretend what you want, but surely you guys read and know enough to be honest anbout such things?

Let us drop the pretenses, please.

Sakai

Bill O'reilly is a pompous ass, I don’t listen to him. EVER.

I don’t even know who Michelle Malkin is.

I don’t listen to hanity.

All I see is a women protesting on the news and people on THIS bbs wondering why she is doing it.

I don’t see anything un American about normal people asking, I don’t listen to partisan hacks on either side. You should try that. Maybe you wouldn’t sound like you bought Moores BS hook line and sinker.

The only un American behavior I have seen on this thread is you going around and telling everyone you don’t agree with they are un-American sheep, when you sound just as bad or worse.

Calling anyone un-American for using their rights, is by far more un-American then anything else I have seen in this thread.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2005, 10:48:31 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

Oh, and Sakai is my newest BBS hero.

Thats sad.

He sounds just like towd, but he can spell.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Just Talk to Her Already
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2005, 10:53:52 AM »
O'Reilly DID NOT say Cindy Sheehan was treasonous. The paper that printed that had to print a retraction and an apology. But it makes GREAT fodder for the left, and they make great use of it. Too bad it just isn't true. The reporter who wrote it cannot even quote a source, she "doesn't remember" where she read, saw, or heard it.:rofl
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe