Author Topic: Bishop Abuse of Re-supply Exploit  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Bishop Abuse of Re-supply Exploit
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2005, 11:14:21 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
WTFGAS

OMFG AHAHAHA WOOOWOO

QUAH~!!!!!11!!!!

:rofl

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2005, 11:23:44 PM »
I think it was a dumb thing to do. Zazen seems to be a very good player and helpful to newbies which makes it more awkward. Switching countries for the sole purpose of hurting it smacks of cheating to me. No different than switching countries to shout out on 200 where missions are going or where a particular group of players are, which bases are weak etc.

I think at the time it seemed like a good idea, but in the end it was dumb as its just another exploit that hurts the spirit of the game. I dont think they should hang anyone out to dry over it, but I cant see how its being defended as smart or good.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 11:33:55 PM by BTW »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2005, 11:26:01 PM »
It's a sad day for the Rookies when Zazen is the defender of your honor.  Does he hold the keys to your chasity belts as well?

Even funnier to think that you guys think two wrongs make a right.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 11:28:47 PM »
Comedy Gold!  :aok

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 11:28:52 PM »
WTF does your trying to corrupt packets have to do with the Bish exploiting a bug?

BTW, I loved your performance in the DA the other night. It's always refreshing and warms my heart to hear a grown man scream profanities at another grown man over cartoon airplanes. Your presence in AH is a God-send. :aok
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2005, 11:29:25 PM »
I thought BTW quit?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Docc

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2005, 11:31:30 PM »
Don't you Rooks know any tactics but massive frontal assaults?  All you had to do to capture the base was to leave the base alone til the CV and defenders went on their way somewhere else.....but I still can't get over how you chose to literally STEAL the CV so you could take the base.  Sad state of affairs when the younger generation has such a weak grasp of ethics.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2005, 11:33:26 PM »
Read your own sig, Docc.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2005, 11:33:46 PM »
Originally posted by Docc
Don't you Rooks know any tactics but massive frontal assaults?  All you had to do to capture the base was to leave the base alone til the CV and defenders went on their way somewhere else.....but I still can't get over how you chose to literally STEAL the CV so you could take the base.  Sad state of affairs when the younger generation has such a weak grasp of ethics.

You weren't moving the CV, when I took it over it was set in tight patrol as close to the port as possible. Hell would have frozen over before Bishops moved it...I said nothing when I moved Bishops and started moving it, but as soon as Bishops realized it was moving away from the port, they all started screaming bloody murder. Incidentally, I only had to move it for about 3 minutes for it to be out of exploit range.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 01:22:56 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2005, 11:36:15 PM »
>>BTW, I loved your performance in the DA the other night. It's always refreshing and warms my heart to hear a grown man scream profanities at another grown man over cartoon airplanes. Your presence in AH is a God-send.
<<

You need to catch me when I've had TWO fifths. I'd make your voice change.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2005, 11:36:56 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
It's a sad day for the Rookies when Zazen is the defender of your honor.  Does he hold the keys to your chasity belts as well?

Even funnier to think that you guys think two wrongs make a right.  

ack-ack

I don't call doing what had to be done to maintain the integrity of this product a 'wrong'. If there was any other possible solution we had not yet tried I was all ears, there was not. When exploitation is permitted to exist indefinately alot of faith is lost in the game and its mechanics. What I did was to restore some of the faith lost in HTC's product which Bishop's unrepentant exploitation temporarily stole.

I care about the integrity of this game, I want it to be successfull, I don't want people quitting out of disgust. It's obvious the Bishops who chose to exploit that bug do not care. I have played this or AW for the past 15 years. There is no other game of this genre that is in the same universe quality of experience wise. I cannot, in good conscience, permit the actions of a few 'griefers' from jeoprodizing HTCs and AH's reputation. I apologize if what I did upset anyone.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 11:47:58 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2005, 11:40:04 PM »
>>I thought BTW quit?
<<

Now why would you possibly think that, Todd? That was a curious thing to say since I never even hinted to that. That is extremely curious how you would even guess something like that.

You have access to account info, because I don't know where you would have got such info? No -I just changed names but am still here. Interesting how you knew.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2005, 11:43:18 PM »
Originally posted by BTW
>>I thought BTW quit?
<<

Now why would you possibly think that, Todd? That was a curious thing to say since I never even hinted to that. That is extremely curious how you would even guess something like that.

You have access to account info, because I don't know where you would have got such info? No -I just changed names but am still here. Interesting how you knew.

Cuz he is teh Lev, king of teh pwn!

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2005, 11:45:28 PM »
Yea well its something because I told no one I stopped one account and started another. Guess he knows someone.
If I change it again - he gonna know?

Offline Arty

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2005, 11:49:30 PM »
Do two wrongs make a right? I dunno, but 3 lefts do. Seriously, 1stly it is a game, a real fun one, real maddening at times but still it is a game. ( I explained that in case somebody forgot thast point of it being just a game.
Was it gamey to resupply the base in that matter? Can anyone seriously say no? If the rooks left it alone would they move the cv? I doubt it, at least not until they had secured a larger foothold. The base should've been defended better in the first place. But Rook High command was probably busy on another front and left such defense to some unpleasent illiterate ignorant underlings. I say it was a move of brilliance, and should be applauded.
So, how does correct this gamey situation. A direct frontal rook wave assault seems to have failed. Failed for hours on end evidently. Looks like an end around was needed, one was found, agreed upon and executed. In my simple mind Zazens move was also brilliant. Simple in concept and flawlessly executed. Do not forget his own personal distress, he had to dirty himself by switching to the unclean Bish masses and was forced to stay that way for 5 hours before he could be cleansed by the young nubile virtuous Rook virgins. I bet he had a pretty good time listening to Bish channel during this.
I score it 1-1 a tie. Not really right in either case, surely not deserving of all the tongue lashings but sort of humerous.

There my rambling thoughts on the subject....
Now sign off the bbs and pull the gear up, your countries need you.
Arty