Author Topic: Bishop Abuse of Re-supply Exploit  (Read 3186 times)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Bishop Abuse of Re-supply Exploit
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2005, 11:50:56 PM »
Zazen-- you are the most annoying player of this game, i hope HTC is going to kick you out !

Offline Dawggus

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nightmares.org
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2005, 11:52:19 PM »
Originally posted by BTW
I think it was a dumb thing to do. Zazen seems to be a very good player and helpful to newbies which makes it more awkward. Switching countries for the sole purpose of hurting it smacks of cheating to me. No different than switching countries to shout out on 200 where missions are going or where a particular group of players are, which bases are weak etc.

I think at the time it seemed like a good idea, but in the end it was dumb as its just another exploit that hurts the spirit of the game. I dont think they should hang anyone out to dry over it, but I cant see how its being defended as smart or good.

I don't know that it would be defended as "smart or good", it was just a last-ditch idea after trying for hours to rectify an "unconventional" issue with this particular map using "conventional" means.  It wasn't done light-heartedly, and it wasn't done alone, but with a lot of input.  Maybe HTC will come back tomorrow and tell us a better way to have addressed it, but this seems like about the only solution at the time.

Cya Up!

Dawg

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2005, 11:52:23 PM »
Originally posted by BTW
Yea well its something because I told no one I stopped one account and started another. Guess he knows someone.
If I change it again - he gonna know?

He already knows what your new ID's gonna be.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2005, 11:56:51 PM »
Well he might know what it is. But I find it creepy that he is privy to that info.

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2005, 11:59:10 PM »
LOL BTW must live in conspiracy theory land...   Look out buddy, there are black helicopters everywhere  LOL

You only proclaimed you were quitting about 20 times the other night, funny that you keep coming back to tell us how it is

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2005, 12:01:46 AM »
Er no. I said nothing about quitting.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2005, 12:03:55 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I don't call doing what had to be done to maintain the integrity of this product a 'wrong'.

Zazen

Regardless if you think it isn't wrong the fact remains it still is wrong.  Is their use of a flaw in the LVT spawn point wrong?  Yes.  Is you switching sides to take control of the CV to prevent others from using it wrong?  Yes it was.  End of story.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2005, 12:09:41 AM »
Ok so there were two wrongs, no rights... I'll concede that.  But it was funny and still is  =)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2005, 12:12:39 AM »
Funny as hell hehe.

:lol

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2005, 12:13:28 AM »
Not defending Zazen, but I applaud the fact that he at least came out and admitted what he did and explained it.  Doesnt make it right, but it nothing makes the LVT resupply thing right either.  This has been debated before.  

Instead of beating each other up over it here and making public fools of yourselves, if anyone thinks an instance of actual cheating has occured and wants to make real accusations, then you need to email HTC, as you have been directed to by the forum rules.  Otherwise, can it and have a laugh at the actions of what can only be termed "gaminess" on both sides.  

Rant off.  You may return to your regularly scheduled dweeb-fest.

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2005, 12:13:36 AM »
For what possible reason should we of not done what we did?  Why on Earth would we ever give up a base when there was a viable way of keeping it?  Fine, we gamed the game.  But at least we stayed within the confines of possible gameplay.  Switching sides with the soul purpose of removing game assets from your new found team has nothing to do with gameplay.  The currect action would of been to document the incident of never ending resupply and take it up with HTC.  

And Stang, please stop saying it was in our plan all along to hold the port forever with resupply.  It all started with two people calling for supplies once the VH and CV were dead.  C63 was actually on a course for escape when it was killed the first time.  Only after it was apparent that there was no way to get the CV out of there did we make the effort to hold 62.
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2005, 12:13:48 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Regardless if you think it isn't wrong the fact remains it still is wrong.  Is their use of a flaw in the LVT spawn point wrong?  Yes.  Is you switching sides to take control of the CV to prevent others from using it wrong?  Yes it was.  End of story.

ack-ack

In your opinion. We'll let HiTech make the final determination on that. Had this exploitation come up during HTC's normal hours of operation, myself or someone else would have called them and allowed them to remedy the situation as they saw fit. Rest assured they would have done 'something'. Most likely they would have taken the map down and reset the arena with a different map while Baltic underwent repairs to the P62 area. Unfortunately, this happened from 5pm to 10pm CST on Sunday night. This forced us to solve the problem in the only way we could. I did not offer to do this, I was chosen to do this by Rooks because I happened to have the Rank to execute it.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2005, 12:14:19 AM »
Bish pee in the pool so Rooks take the toys away.  I needed a good laugh.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2005, 12:23:32 AM »
Two things I get out of this thread.

1. Bish cheat
2. Rooks also cheat

Good thing I fly for the Knights, we never cheat.  :aok
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2005, 12:32:17 AM »
Originally posted by BTW
Er no. I said nothing about quitting.

Is it time for the film yet? Oh and thanks for the laughs BTW:aok
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++