Author Topic: Bishop Abuse of Re-supply Exploit  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bishop Abuse of Re-supply Exploit
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2005, 12:34:51 AM »
End this now. Both threads are getting way out of hand. Self-censorship is better than enforced HTC censorship.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2005, 12:43:20 AM »
>>Is it time for the film yet? Oh and thanks for the laughs BTW<<

You think what I say when I'm drunk is going to embarrass me? My you are young. I guarantee I've done a LOT worse.
Post it . Its not like I get my dates in here.

But I'm pretty sure I didn't say I was quitting. And considering the privacy statement, it made me real curious how Todd would have known that.

Maybe he just guessed or Morph relayed it wrong - I dunno. But It was odd he would know that.

I did feel bad about cursing on the film, no matter how obnoxious Morph was being. It dawned on me in the middle he might be a little obnoxious kid, and I'm pretty sure I said that on the film and stopped cursing

But you post away, and if you get big laughs out of that, I can send you some home movies for a small fee.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2005, 12:47:44 AM »
Originally posted by BTW
>>Is it time for the film yet? Oh and thanks for the laughs BTW<<

You think what I say when I'm drunk is going to embarrass me? My you are young. I guarantee I've done a LOT worse.
Post it . Its not like I get my dates in here.

But I'm pretty sure I didn't say I was quitting. And considering the privacy statement, it made me real curious how Todd would have known that.

Maybe he just guessed or Morph relayed it wrong - I dunno. But It was odd he would know that.

I did feel bad about cursing on the film, no matter how obnoxious Morph was being. It dawned on me in the middle he might be a little obnoxious kid, and I'm pretty sure I said that on the film and stopped cursing

But you post away, and if you get big laughs out of that, I can send you some home movies for a small fee.

You musta been REALLY REALLY drunk then! It's not about embarrasing you, I got plenty of my drunk arse flying. My point is you deny saying you wanted to quit when the film says otherwise, thats all I'm sayin. You talked about quiting and daring Morph to turn the film in to get you banned. You said you wanted to get banned and he should do it to save you the time(although you can just hit delete account, takes about 10 secs.) It was pretty funny, and yes morph is young, I'm only a little older than him. My 14th birthday is coming up sept. 2nd!

And are you still drunk?
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2005, 12:51:50 AM »
Sorry I missed the party tonight, was at work defending our real country (those of us in the United States).  

Based on what I read here on the boards it appears to me that the Bishops captured a base that was in effect totally useless once the CV is moved away.  I also picked up that the base did not pose any threat to the Rook forces as far as capturing any other bases unless the CV was moved away.  Then when moved away the base could be easily captured.

My question is, why all the fuss over a useless base?  Why dedicate 50+ players to trying to recapture the base if it is useless?  Was it rook pride that was hurt when the Bishops NOE attacked and captured it in the first place?  Surely the knight horde could have used an extra 50+ targets to make their gameplay more interesting.

Seems to me, by the writings ive read, if you ignored it and attacked elswhere all of this could have been avoided.  Yet you let pride and arrogance rule your line of thinking.  

This all was most likely unavoidable.

Muttman
Sick Puppies

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2005, 12:53:51 AM »
>>And are you still drunk?<<

No, not tonight. But if what you say is true, that explains a lot (like the posted pictures making fun of children with handicaps). I shouldn't have cursed like that. I picture mostly adults playing, and thats pretty much why I went off on him. When you think of an adult being so obnoxious it infuriating. With a kid, you can understand it.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2005, 12:54:25 AM »
I cannot, in good conscience, permit the actions of a few 'griefers' from jeoprodizing HTCs and AH's reputation. I apologize if what I did upset anyone.

Nice to know your on the HT payroll and can make these judjment calls.Nice to see also that the BK'gave up sheep and found a potato to do their dirty work.:aok
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2005, 12:55:18 AM »
Originally posted by elc7367b
Sorry I missed the party tonight, was at work defending our real country (those of us in the United States).  

Based on what I read here on the boards it appears to me that the Bishops captured a base that was in effect totally useless once the CV is moved away.  I also picked up that the base did not pose any threat to the Rook forces as far as capturing any other bases unless the CV was moved away.  Then when moved away the base could be easily captured.

My question is, why all the fuss over a useless base?  Why dedicate 50+ players to trying to recapture the base if it is useless?  Was it rook pride that was hurt when the Bishops NOE attacked and captured it in the first place?  Surely the knight horde could have used an extra 50+ targets to make their gameplay more interesting.

Seems to me, by the writings ive read, if you ignored it and attacked elswhere all of this could have been avoided.  Yet you let pride and arrogance rule your line of thinking.  

This all was most likely unavoidable.

Muttman
Sick Puppies

Bishops actually owned bases all around it for quite some time and were using the CV to send support. Leaving the CV there unmolested was not an option they were sending planes from it continuously. Keep in mind our HQ and our principle strats are barely over 1 sector from P62.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2005, 01:00:44 AM »
Originally posted by DrDea
Nice to know your on the HT payroll and can make these judjment calls.Nice to see also that the BK'gave up sheep and found a potato to do their dirty work.:aok

I'm old school, as a member of the community, I am responsible for doing my part to maintain its integrity. Had Rooks been abusing the same bug I would have moved the Rook's CV.

Keep in mind HTC operates on a pretty thin margin by my math. We only pay 15 bucks each, there can't be more than 3000'ish paying accounts. That's only 45 grand a month. They have at least 3 programmers to pay, other office staff, an office, servers, and network infrastructure to buy. Do the math, if we all piss on the integrity of this game and even 25% get disgusted and leave HiTech may find it's no longer worthwile to provide this for us. Do you want that? I know I don't...

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 01:06:27 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2005, 01:02:58 AM »
That was information I did not pick up in other writings or simply missed.  Still seems rather silly to me all the effort involved and the complaining it brought about.  I disagree with your method and have never experienced the resupply bug from either end.  

I respect the fact that you defend your position and acknowledge your right to do so but again, I disagree with your methods.  Probably doesnt mean anything to you but its my right to disagree and will despise you just the same.:D

Muttman
Sick Puppies

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2005, 01:08:16 AM »
Somehow an already hilarious thread became even funnier.  How is this possible?  Thanks, BTW!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2005, 01:09:26 AM »
Then why not just wait till the AM to say something to HT about it?What gives you the right to make a decision on the game play?Do you feel that your score makes you more impartant than anyone else in the community?Cause it sure sounds to me like you felt you had the right to do so.I flew AW also,and I never saw this type of crap.It was more readily seen letting someone go home bingo with you on their 6 as a courtousy,no honor involved at all in this mess and nobody had the right to do what happened.When HT pays you to make the decisions for them them kudos to you,till then,let THEM make the gameplay decisions.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2005, 01:17:33 AM »
Originally posted by DrDea
Then why not just wait till the AM to say something to HT about it?What gives you the right to make a decision on the game play?Do you feel that your score makes you more impartant than anyone else in the community?Cause it sure sounds to me like you felt you had the right to do so.I flew AW also,and I never saw this type of crap.It was more readily seen letting someone go home bingo with you on their 6 as a courtousy,no honor involved at all in this mess and nobody had the right to do what happened.When HT pays you to make the decisions for them them kudos to you,till then,let THEM make the gameplay decisions.

Or how about Bishops just stopped cheating and abusing the bug as they were knowingly doing? That would have been a very simple and honorable solution would it not?

This bug ruined my own squadnight, it ruined the fun for alot of Rooks and made alot of Bishops look really pathetic. The negative repercussions of me moving the CV and the MA going back to normal was far, far less than allowing cheating Bishops to continue to ruin the evening for 200+ people. The good of the many out-weigh the good of the few cheaters.

As I said before, had this happened when HTC staff were readily available during their regular hours of operation we would have appealed to them, and they would have reset the arena to a new map. It happened Sunday night, no other solution was forthcoming, and Bishop's abusing the bug for 4+ hours and gloating about it on 200 became intolerable. We found a solution and executed it. The rest is history.

Zazen

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2005, 01:25:32 AM »
Sad...pathetic even. :rolleyes:

I had a lot of respect for BKs...however, not much at the moment.

Stang - Zazen...every map in here has quirks.  Sometimes your corner of the map won't have easy routes to re-sup HQ.  Sometimes it may not have a high-alt base. Sometimes you get lucky and have a corner that is nearly impossible to reset. We all play the hand that is delt.  

I would say that if this "exploit" was a known problem, you guys should have done a better job of protecting the port and the CV.

I would also say that if Rooks had been patient enough, the CV would have eventually moved from the port, giving you an opportunity to retake the base without having to resort to an actions the community obviously feels was wrong.  If the CV was not being used by the Bish, then its denial to the Rooks was only an irritation in the same way that a hidden CV is an irritation.  P62 is too remote to use effectively to capture bases and at best the Bish might have been able to harrass some near bases with short range CV fiters...not much of a threat.

I don't call what you did "cheating"...but it was unethical.  It really was no different than if you had moved a hidden CV into harms way, regardless of the platitudes you may try to use to convence us all otherwise. There was a lot of disapproving chatter on the Knit side about your actions.  And it led to Knits concentrating more on Rooks afterwards, which ended up costing Rooks 6 bases in 2 hours.

I do think HTC should do something about both issues.  Map quirks should be fixed if possible.  But I am more concerned about protecting the community from unethical behavior since that is really the greatest danger to the reputation and integrity of the game (and I wish something could be done about the unethical behavior of multiple accounts for spying, but that is probably too difficult).  I think it would be good if HTC would set it up so that country changers cannot take control of CV assets for 5hrs after a switch.  Hopefully, that is something that can be put into effect quickly.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2005, 01:27:17 AM »
Originally posted by BTW
I think it was a dumb thing to do. Zazen seems to be a very good player and helpful to newbies which makes it more awkward. Switching countries for the sole purpose of hurting it smacks of cheating to me. No different than switching countries to shout out on 200 where missions are going or where a particular group of players are, which bases are weak etc.

I did nothing to hurt Bishops, I did not relay any information. All I did was prevent Bishops from continuing to cheat. As soon as I put an end to the cheating I relinquished control of the CV. I did not suicide the CV, I did not remove it from action, I released the CV as soon as it was sufficiently distant from P62 that it could not spawn LVT's directly to it for instantaneous regeneration of the port, I released the CV before Rooks even captured P62.

If anything I helped Bishops retain what little honor they had remaining after knowingly abusing a bug exploit for 4+ hours. I literally saved you from yourselves. You should be thanking me for exercising the good judgement you yourselves lacked the moral integrity to do yourselves.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 01:32:43 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2005, 01:31:43 AM »
Originally posted by crowMAW
I would also say that if Rooks had been patient enough, the CV would have eventually moved from the port, giving you an opportunity to retake the base without having to resort to an actions the community obviously feels was wrong.  If the CV was not being used by the Bish, then its denial to the Rooks was only an irritation in the same way that a hidden CV is an irritation.  P62 is too remote to use effectively to capture bases and at best the Bish might have been able to harrass some near bases with short range CV fiters...not much of a threat.

The CV was not being moved, it was being kept very deliberately within exploit range. P62 is 1 sector away from our HQ and other important strats and was being used to launch aircraft throughout the entire ordeal. Leaving it alone was not an option, and Bishops were not abusing the bug to simply deny us use of the CV, they were continuously launching from it. Having a Bishop CV and port that far behind our lines that close to our HQ was not an option.

Zazen