Author Topic: Question for the tinfoil hatters:  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Question for the tinfoil hatters:
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2005, 04:56:23 PM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
Oh, and do you by chance like your county Sheriff's office better than your local PD or the FBI or something?  
J_A_B

I hate LEOs who shouldn't *be* LEOs...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2005, 05:20:38 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
There's a small flaw in that reasoning.

In Weavers case, there was no demand for surrender. No announcement that they were there to arrest anybody.

I tend to think he knew that there were guns outside his house. I tend to think he knew they was govement folks too.  And comparing this to Aushwitz is over the top.... way messed up. Go visit the camp and then tell me some pudmunch on a ridge is the same thing. Guy was an idiot and he got his family killed.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2005, 05:46:29 PM »
In some cases alot of the people to blame for some of the laws we have are the people who either vote for the laws themselves or vote elected individuals into office that ref;ects their views.

The gubbernment makes laws but it all starts at a core level somehwere and thats where it has to change.  

I will not vote for anybody that is for taking guns away from private law abiding citizens. Everything else works out in the wash but my right to defend myself will not be infringed upon.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2005, 08:17:10 PM »
Who voted to allow the police and NG to confiscate guns from folks protecting their own property in New Orleans?

Who voted to have the feds use 400 men and gestapo tactics to waste 3 lives to arrest a guy for not paying the 5 dollar tax on a shotgun whose butt stock was 5/8" too short?

Who voted to burn out the Dividans?

Who?

I tend to think he knew that there were guns outside his house. I tend to think he knew they was govement folks too. And comparing this to Aushwitz is over the top.... way messed up. Go visit the camp and then tell me some pudmunch on a ridge is the same thing. Guy was an idiot and he got his family killed.

Really? It's ok the government is not required to live by the laws it's empowered itself to enforce? The guy's up for a frame on a bull**** gun tax with a fifty dollar shotgun and it's HIS fault his family gets mowed down? His fault?

And explain to me HOW the methods employed aginst him differ from the Gestapo's? There's HUNDREDS of Americaqns right now in jail who's ONLY crime is possession of weapon or part of a weapon that under the express guarnetee of the Second Ammendement they should be allowed to have. There were no robberies, no buglaries.. just some guy with a WWII BAR or Thompson he inherited that didn't register it when the government said you must register such guns.

Over the top?

I'll tell yah what's 'over the top' is the 'blind eye' kiss off of a massive infringement of a citizens rights are as long as YOUR not the citizen having his brown eye probed by a Highway Patrol detail obstensibly 'checking for seatbelts'. When YOUR not the pilot that gets his plane grounded and his ticket pulled for not using FAA STC approved valve caps on his tire stems. When it's not YOUR home being tossed by ATF Nijas because some guy that knows you have a bunch of guns drops a dime to save his own bellybutton when he's being given the third degree for 10 round magazine desigined in 1940 for a gun that's been in the public domain since 1930. When it's not YOUR home entertainments system (as well as the rest of your property in and around your house, as well as your house) impounded because your 'unregistered' ham band/SSB Transceiver radio is plugged in when the feds stop by..

Yeah, as long as it ain't YOUR bellybutton the system's got ahold of, all's kewl here in America. 'The other dipwick deserves whut he got cause he's stupid.'

Over the top my ass!!

"Bah.. never happen here.. this is America!!"

It's happening here, pal. Happening NOW.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2005, 08:20:49 PM »
First thing Hitler went after where the peoples guns, wonder why?
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2005, 08:32:27 PM »
"This year will go down in history.  For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration.  Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2005, 09:52:11 PM »
Attributed to Hitler. Rousing, but entirely bogus. No such speach was ever given. Weimar Republic forced the registration of guns, the Nazi's then locked down the transfer of all weapons then confiscated all 'militarily useful' weapons.

Sorry. ;) Close, but no cigar.

The two most significant federal statutes controlling firearms in the civilian population are the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968. The 1934 Act established strict registration requirements and a transfer tax on machine guns and short-barreled long guns. The 1968 Act prohibits mail-order sales and the interstate sales of firearms, prohibits transfers to minors, limits access to "new" assault weapons, and sets forth penalties and licensing requirements for manufacturers, importers, and dealers.

The Gun Control Act of 1968, as amended, contains the principal federal restrictions on domestic commerce in small arms and ammunition. The statute requires all persons manufacturing, importing, or selling firearms as a business to be federally licensed; prohibits the interstate mail-order sale of all firearms; prohibits interstate sale of handguns generally, sets forth categories of persons to whom firearms or ammunition may not be sold (such as persons under a specified age or with criminal records); authorizes the Secretary of the Treasury to prohibit the importation of non-sporting firearms; requires that dealers maintain records of all gun sales; and establishes special penalties for the use of a firearm in the perpetration of a federal drug trafficking offense or crime of violence.

Transactions between persons "not engaged in the business" are not covered by the Act.

These transactions and other matters such as possession, registration, and the issuing of licenses to the owners of firearms maybe covered by state laws or local ordinances. It also prohibits federal firearm licensees from selling or delivering a rifle or shotgun to a person under 18 years of age, or a handgun to a person under 21 years of age.

Supplementing federal law, many state firearm laws are stricter than federal law. For example, some states require permits to obtain firearms and impose a waiting period for firearm transfers. Other states are less restrictive, but state law cannot preempt federal law. Federal law serves as the minimum standard in the United States.

The following principal changes have been enacted to the Gun Control Act since 1968.  

The "Firearms Owners Protection Act," McClure-Volkmer Amendments (P. L. 99-308, 1986) eases certain interstate transfer and shipment requirements for long guns, defines the term "engaged in the business," eliminates some record-keeping requirements, and bans the private possession of machine guns not legally owned prior to 1986.  

The "Armor Piercing Ammunition" Ban (P. L. 99-408, 1986, amended in P. L. 103-322, 1994) prohibits the manufacture, importation and delivery of handgun ammunition composed of certain metal substances and certain full-jacketed ammunition.  

The Federal Energy Management Improvement Act of 1988 (P. L. 100-615) requires that all toys or firearm look-alikes have a blazed orange plug in the barrel, denoting that it is a non-lethal imitation.  

The Undetectable Firearms Act (P. L. 100-649, 1988), also known as the "plastic gun" legislation, bans the manufacture, import, possession, and transfer of firearms not detectable by security devices.  

The Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1990 (P. L. 101-647), as originally enacted, was ruled unconstitutional by the U. S. Supreme Court (United States v. Lopez, 514 U. S. 549 (1995), April 26, 1995). The Act prohibited possession of a firearm in a school zone (on the campus of a public or private school or within 1,000 feet of the grounds). In response to the Court's finding that the Act exceeded Congress's authority to regulate commerce, the 104 th Congress included a provision in P. L. 104-208 that amended the Act to require federal prosecutors to include evidence that the firearms "moved in" or affected interstate commerce.  

The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, 1993 (P. L. 103-159) requires that background checks be completed on all nonlicensed person seeking to obtain firearms from federal firearm licensees.  
The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (P. L. 103-322) prohibits the manufacture or importation of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices (for a 10-year period). In the case of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, the ban on importation applies to those devices manufactured after September 1994.

This Act provides an exception for the transfer, sale, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices lawfully possessed on the date of enactment. This Act also bans the sale or transfer of handguns and handgun ammunition to, or possession of handguns and handgun ammunition by, juveniles (under 18 years of age) without prior written consent from the juvenile's parent or legal guardian; exceptions related to employment, ranching, farming, target practice, and hunting are provided.

In addition, the Act disqualifies persons under court orders related to domestic abuse from receiving a firearm from any person or possessing a firearm. It also enhances penalties for the criminal use of firearms and makes other changes to existing law.  

Federal Domestic Violence Gun Ban (the Lautenberg Amendment, in the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act for FY1997, P. L. 104-208) prohibits persons convicted of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence from possessing firearms and ammunition. The ban applies regardless of when the offense was adjudicated: prior to, or following enactment. It has been challenged in the federal courts, but these challenges have been defeated. (See CRS Report RL31143, Firearms Prohibitions and Domestic Violence Convictions: The Lautenberg Amendment, by T. J. Halstead.)  

The Omnibus Consolidated and Emergency Appropriations Act, 1999 (P. L. 105-277), requires all federal firearm licensees to offer for sale gun storage and safety devices. It also bans firearm transfers to, or possession by, nonimmigrants who have overstayed their the terms of their temporary visa.  

The Treasury, Postal and General Government Appropriations Act (P. L. 106- 58) requires that background checks be conducted when former firearm owners seek to redeem a firearm that they sold to a pawnshop.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2005, 10:09:11 PM »
People like Clinton get voted into office and then folks like Reno get appointed and they then take full responsibility for what happens.

:)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2005, 10:31:53 PM »
Bush Sr lost his second election thanks to the Brady bill.

And I haven't seen Bush Jr do a damned theing about repealing the '68 or '34 acts.

So, does that make 'em as guilty as Clinton, or just as culpabale?

...at home, or abroad.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2005, 10:47:54 PM »
+10 points for Nazism references

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2005, 10:49:37 PM »
I knew Hitler didn't actually say that.  But I posted it anyway.

Oh yeah, my sister reminded me of a good real quote:

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 11:53:40 PM by lasersailor184 »
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2005, 12:24:33 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
Bush Sr lost his second election thanks to the Brady bill.

lol, no he didn't, that had nothing to do with it
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2005, 09:58:49 AM »
losing 10-30 million votes had nothing to do with it?  that is what the gun culture amounts to.  the hard core guys who will vote like wolf. (and me)

jab... government is evil... it seeks power because it is compossed of people who seek power... it grows tenticles and each tenticle seeks power... every increase in power is a corresponding decrease in the wealth and freedom of the citizens it governs... it is that simple.  and....

yes.. I trust local cops and sherriff more than federal ones... If you were to watch the hearings on ruby ridge and Waco you would obseve blatant lieing by the ATF and FBI at every level... these were lies that covered up huge crimes and screw ups.

I think that based on the obvious proof of those hearings that it would be impossible to convict anyone based on FBI or ATF testimony that was not corraborated by some other form of evidense such as independent film or recordings.  

It should be the reverse... those agencies should have our respect... they should never ever never get caught in a lie and when they do... the ones caught should be imprisoned for many many years.   Instead... we all now just assume that they are lieing and our only recourse is that we know they will get sloppy about it.... most of the time..

I don't believe any law enforcement officers... state local or fed.. should be punished unduly for honest mistakes or bad judgement in a life or death situation.... I do believe that they should be hung from the power poles for lieing tho.

lazs

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2005, 10:40:29 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

I don't believe any law enforcement officers... state local or fed.. should be punished unduly for honest mistakes or bad judgement in a life or death situation.... I do believe that they should be hung from the power poles for lieing tho.

lazs

I believe that same power pole should be kept in place for those that set up snipers for women and children also.
  I envy those here who have good law enforcement officers. We used to have, way back in the day. Now it`s a pretty well known fact that if you are working for an S.O. or a P.D. somewhere and you are a total screw up and get canned, you can come to our fair county and get a job.
  When I was younger we had some great law enforcement around here. One sheriff who served many terms was a giant of a man. He was probably about as fair as you could get. He was also pure business when it came to how his department was ran and how his officers conducted themselves.
  When I was a teen we had one deputy who patrolled our area that was a welcome sight for us when he would pull up. He spent a lot of time with us, checking out our latest street rods or bikes. (He owned both himself) We always enjoyed seeing him coming and he was always giving us some good tips on what to do to get a little more HP, etc out the cars and bikes.
  I never see a teen around here BS`n one of the deputies anymore. For good reason. Usualy when  they see a deputy coming they are being jacked up  for something. That are if they are a female teen they can expect a good session of flirting and eyeballing . Not much of a stretch to figure out why the teens around here are a tad bit on the angry, viscious, disrepectfull side.
  Wearing the badge should be a life long commitment to the people who employee you, the citizen. It should also be worn with pride and integrity.
  I don`t see that much around here anymore.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 10:43:38 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2005, 12:55:42 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
losing 10-30 million votes had nothing to do with it?  that is what the gun culture amounts to

You have any facts to back that up? He lost the election because of the economy and the S&L debacle. Remember the people in tears after being swindled out of their life's savings? Remember the live's ruined? Remember his son? The one running that S&L who gave out loans to all his buddies who never payed them back? Remember him in front of the congressional committee questioning him? Remember him laughing at them? Remember the cost of the bailout?

Well, the voters remembered those things and the economy. Your own tin foil hat cause is rediculous
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)