Author Topic: Paris is looking like Iraq  (Read 2375 times)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Paris is looking like Iraq
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2005, 06:54:10 AM »
Originally posted by moot
You mean religion has no play in this?

From my point of view .. as straffo said.. non.

At least you do not screaming around about "muslim extremists".
Or do you consider "muslim extremists" to be behind this situation ?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2005, 08:07:17 AM »
I said what I thought and I didn't mention religion.

I think the situation sucks, and both sides (generalizing) are about equally responsible for it.  As it is, I couldn't defend either.  You get what you deserve in life, and somehow the people concerned by these riots and everything related to them got what they deserved.
It's a big pot of boiling ****, and my plan, if I had authority over the matter, would be to start with a clean slate.

As an individual, it's just not worth my time.  Best thing for me to do is find somewhere else to live, where common sense and courtesy still are public domain.

and about islamists.  You want to make sure people here (this forum) get it right, the clear-cut, well-defined definition of islamism and islamists and its different varients etc, what they did and what they didn't do, in the news and in the real world today or yesterday.
I think that's beside the point; I sure dont give a **** what they are beyond whether they **** with me or not.  It doesn't matter if it's islamic or anarchist or communist or what the **** ever, if it believes I should give up my natural rights to it or its agenda, it's all in the same pot.
Living in those suburbs, it's no difference whether it's all the corrupt govt's, or the police's, or the whole macrosystem of society and religion and politics' fault: the result is the same.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 08:16:25 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2005, 08:14:30 AM »
yeeep it make sense.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2005, 08:18:40 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Would Stalin approve of this capitalist sentiment?

JFYI: in USSR it was a crime not to have a job.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2005, 08:24:46 AM »
So harvesting the rewards of one's work without sharing with complete strangers absolutely unrelated to you was a crime?
Oh wait, they were related - in soviet russia, job owns you! [/derail]
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2005, 08:40:32 AM »
Originally posted by lada
umm because Tatarstan, Bashkiria have "Autonomy", while Checenyan doesnt have it, but want it?  ;)

Chechnya has absoutely the same autonomy as above-mentioned Moslim republics. De facto Chechens have more autonomy now, they have their own armed forces and they get lots of Federal aid. The difference is that Tatars didn't throw non-Tatars from their homes, take their possessions or kill and rape anyone who didn't have a Kalashnikov.

Russian Empire and then USSR and now Russian Federation are really different from Westen countries.

In Russian Empire there never was any kind of national discrimination. In USSR there were 15 national republics and dozens of autonomies inside that republics, where local nationality got all kind of support for language, culture and traditions. Even now we have autonomous republics where official language is not Russian.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2005, 08:51:47 AM »
Originally posted by moot
So harvesting the rewards of one's work without sharing with complete strangers absolutely unrelated to you was a crime?
Oh wait, they were related - in soviet russia, job owns you! [/derail]

It's not that easy.

USSR was a state of working people (трудящиеся), I don't know how to translate this term closer to the original meaning.

"Parasitism" was a crime. But it doesn't mean that, for example, housewives had to get a job.

State guaranteed a job, accomodation and education for everyone. There was no such thing as unemployment, working hands were nessessary almost everywhere, anyone could get a job according to his qualification and education. Such terms as "unemployment", "inflation" or "homless people" was literally unknown, and it led to strange ideas about life in the West.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2005, 08:57:45 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda
JFYI: in USSR it was a crime not to have a job.

True. Even the prisoners were employed.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2005, 09:05:40 AM »
It's not that easy.

USSR was a state of working people (трудящиеся), I don't know how to translate this term closer to the original meaning.

"Parasitism" was a crime. But it doesn't mean that, for example, housewives had to get a job.

State guaranteed a job, accomodation and education for everyone. There was no such thing as unemployment, working hands were nessessary almost everywhere, anyone could get a job according to his qualification and education. Such terms as "unemployment", "inflation" or "homless people" was literally unknown, and it led to strange ideas about life in the West.

By the same token, bread lines were unknown, strange ideas in America.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2005, 09:09:32 AM »
Originally posted by Suave
True. Even the prisoners were employed.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2005, 09:11:03 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE

It's happened before. If you have any family members over 80, and they're still relatively coherent, ask them about it.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2005, 09:15:29 AM »
In America, anyone who wants to work, and is able to work, can find a job.

If you wish to be a bum in America, you can survive and probably live a better life than about 99% of the world's other bums.

America is still the land of opportunity and no other nation on earth has more opportunity.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2005, 09:16:09 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE

I have never stayed in a bread line for more then 5minutes. Bread = basic, most important food. No bread in stores = local authorities in big trouble. In 1964 problems with bread were one of the reasons to overthrowing that bald **** Mikita.

I have told you about "bread lines" many times, but you always know better. Unfortunately, 99% of so-called "free world" doesn't know anything about life in USSR, it's a great propaganda achievement, my hat off.

Again, JFYI: in USSR food ration cards were cancelled in 1947. Ask someone when in happened in UK. Cards were re-introduced in 1989, as a result of "democratisation" and "reconstruction".

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2005, 09:17:58 AM »
Originally posted by indy007
It's happened before. If you have any family members over 80, and they're still relatively coherent, ask them about it.

Yeah, it happened for a couple a of years in the 30's in America, as opposed to happening from the 30's through the end of Soviet times, at least

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2005, 09:23:08 AM »
I have never stayed in a bread line for more then 5minutes.

I have never stood in line to get bread in my entire life. And we never have had food rations of any kind.