Author Topic: doughnut  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
doughnut
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2005, 12:52:09 PM »
This whole thread is sad.  Im guessing Skuzzy is sitting back pounding his head on the wall.  He mentioned, in so many words before they finally released donut back into the rotation, that this map HAD caused complaints (being the reason they took it out) ...well, I guess we proved him right.  It still is a problem.

Secondly, part of the argument by the community to ask for this map back was that it allowed everyone their style of gameplay, so whats wrong with having the landgrabbers and milkrunners??

Also, apparently even the FT people want to landgrab.  Im not saying the actual people the want to furball only are landgrabbing..they are supprting the people that do landgrab.  MA last night had two FT bases..didnt see any chatter about giving one back to knits.  Bish apparently got p.o'd and went up in force and took the additional base.. I logged off soon afterword, but i didnt hear anything even then about knits getting the field.  After bish took the fieild, rooks went in force and capped both of them.  Doesnt sound like a majority are interested in the furball afterall.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2005, 01:03:21 PM »
Secondly, part of the argument by the community to ask for this map back was that it allowed everyone their style of gameplay, so whats wrong with having the landgrabbers and milkrunners??

Also, apparently even the FT people want to landgrab. Im not saying the actual people the want to furball only are landgrabbing..they are supprting the people that do landgrab. MA last night had two FT bases..didnt see any chatter about giving one back to knits. Bish apparently got p.o'd and went up in force and took the additional base.. I logged off soon afterword, but i didnt hear anything even then about knits getting the field. After bish took the fieild, rooks went in force and capped both of them. Doesnt sound like a majority are interested in the furball afterall.

Get with the program Ohio -

First if HTC pulled everything that caused controversy in this game he wouldn't be in business.  Also if he pulled this map he would be sending the signal that he could careless about the fighter population in this game and I for one would be done for good as I would think others would be too.

Secondly who is saying no land grabbers and milk runners?  Yeah it would be nice it these guys would leave FT alone for the guys that want to fight, or they themselves would just go there to fight, but some can't do that because they are griefers.

And yes you missed it last night when the Bish were making a grab for the last field in FT from the rooks.  They got repelled and then ran leaving nothing to do in FT.  So we put out the word for a knight to drag a goon to one of the base so they could get their base back.  Unfortunately the closest knight base was 3 sectors away.

Yes I agree it takes players on both sides having balls to up and fight in FT, unfortunately that was not the case and FT sucked last night.  If the base were uncapturable this problem would be solved and a true FT would be the jewel of this game.

Offline octospider0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.petforum.com
doughnut
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2005, 01:11:30 PM »
when I logged in, there where only 2 countrys controlling FT and the Bish based was capped with vulchers.  The idea was presented to give a base back but the controlling team didnt look to highly on that idea.

Seems to me, we can as a community govern ourselves in this matter.  Don't really see why we can not but it requires effort from each of the 3 sides.

my .02

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2005, 01:28:18 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:27:04 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline octospider0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.petforum.com
doughnut
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2005, 01:35:51 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:27:28 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2005, 01:45:30 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:28:05 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2005, 02:02:19 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
No Doubt - Of course Zazen you take Laz telling you that you have no idea what a furball is and turn it into your sarchastic crying.

The point is what you deem furballing is really cherry picking guys that are furballing.  Which is fine and just adds another challenge and level of complexity for the furballer,  but you are in no way really furballing and that is what you so characteristically ignored and instead started your little cry.

We all know you would never get down low in the nitty gritty of the furball and we all know you are probably the best cherry picker in the game, but that doesn't make you a furballer.

I do appreciate your support for furballing  having some place that we can fight.

The problem with Lazs and to some extent your view-point is...You are mistaking me choosing not to get low n' slow in a turny plane amidst 20 swirly cons as me not knowing anything about furballing or being able to furball, TnB, fight, etc. I have been playing for 16 years, I have done everything there is to do 1,000 times or more. I can furball, and I do get slow and turn fight when it's tactically prudent. The fact that I choose not to the majority of the time has nothing to do with some testosterone defficiency. It is a conscious choice on my part to instead prey on those who have poor SA, poor attention spans, poor impulse control, lack of patience and suffer from terminal target fixation. I do this for several reasons:

A) Because of my gunnery I can kill 3 times as many if I fight this way per unit time.

B) Often to save teammates, I am famous for saving people. I specifically look for opportunities to save people. I go out of my way to time it so that if I see a teammate is going to get fired upon I am there at the right moment to blow his attacker away just as he is about to squeeze the trigger. At least 50% of the time cherry picking actually = saving a teammates ass, 25% of the time it's preventing a teammate from getting bounced, 10% of the time it's not cherry picking at all but a pure bounce in and of itself.

I would include in this preventing my teammates who do choose to TnB low n' slow from getting gang raped. If I see additional cons about to engage/bounce an already engaged teammate down low I make sure they don't get the chance to gang bang my friend. If no people did this, you guys who choose to get low n' slow in a swirly mass of enemy would get cherried, gang-banged and gang raped ALOT more often than you already do.

C) Breaking others of their afformentioned bad habits improves the quality of the MA pilots overall.

D) I think of this game as an excercise in fighter combat tactics moreso than a vehicle to vent excess testosterone. There are times it's wise to get low n' slow in a plane, there's times it's wise to stay fast. If the circumstances dictate I am unlikely to find anything remotely close to a 1 vs. 1 being in a TnB plane and getting low n' low is not usually tactically prudent, I cherry pick the living crap out of people who get low n' low with too many planes around for their SA to handle and they deserve it.

However, if the situation dicates a 1 vs 1 or something close is likely I would love to be in my Hurricane IIC or F6F and would consider a pure E ride a liability in this situation as there are far fewer planes I could likely  out-manuever in a protracted engagement.

The simple fact is, in the current MA, the circumstances rarely are such that it is likely you will have anything remotely close to a 1 vs 1. Therefore, it behooves someone who is thinking in terms of tactical effectiveness to fly a plane in such a way as to have a better chance of successfully negotiating a many vs many environment.

I am not quite sure where you fine fellows got the impression furballing is ONLY getting low n' slow in a FM2 or Spit. This is patently false if you have any knowledge of WW2 Fighter Combat history whatsoever. I have read some wonderful first person accounts of P51's FURBALLING with Fw190D9's with nothing but E Fighter tactics at 25k. Similiarly, in the Pacific Theater there were immense furballs between the Japanese and the American's at altitude where the Japanese were incessantly BnZ'd, Cherried, Roped, Bounced etc. unceremoniously having their sustained turnrate advantage taken away from them. In one account I read of, not one aircraft got below 10k feet, and there was no record of any American Fighter going so much as one turn with a Japanese aircraft. They used Energy, speed, firepower and tactics to defeat a floundering foe who's only asset was superior manueverability.

The whole concept of a furball implies a multi-dimensional fight with various strata. At the top of a furball are high speed planes who perform best with some altitude looking to clear friend's 6's and take advantage of enemy's lack of SA. In the middle are E fighter's usually with big guns and good SA blowing through the bottom strata of slow planes that are manuevering tightly to get in the saddle on a foe with similiar characteristics. The multi-strata characteristics of a furball are what make it so intriguing. The various strata offer a kind of check and balance on each other. The top strata keeps the middle strata honest and the middle strata keeps the lower strata in check, in a good furball there is balance, a proportional number of aircraft at the various levels. Each strata is therefore essentially top-cover for the strata of friendlies below it. Then of course there are the fringes where planes are inbound and egressing where anything might occur, an intermingling of types, styles and planes, one of my favorite areas to hunt. All of the people occupying the various strata are "Furballers", they simply occupy a different niche in the furball ecosystem. A furball is a diverse and dynamic sum of the parts that comprise it.

So as you can see furballing does not simply mean only stallfighting on the deck low n' slow in a TnB plane. To say such a rediculous thing would be like saying a woman is beautifull because she has well manicured fingernails...You are describing but one aspect of a complex and multi-faceted thing.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 03:10:29 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2005, 02:10:24 PM »
Zazen I am not going to read that, it would be almost as boring as cherry picking.

The bottom line is, when I see you down low mixing it up with the rest of us contributing to the furball rather than leaching off of it, I will believe you have a clue till then you are just talk.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2005, 02:11:01 PM »
:lol
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2005, 02:11:39 PM »
See Rule #4/#5
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:28:50 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2005, 02:16:53 PM »
I see alot of words in here about alot of things that are...well...in a video game.  

Yea, its OK to get pissed or emotionally disturbed here and there...but jeez people, calm down.  

Voice your opinions if you wish, yay!  Thats what this community is about (I think, anyways).  But this community is damn childish at times...its a useless forum anymore.

Can't we all just get along?  

:(

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2005, 02:18:59 PM »
I see alot of words in here about alot of things that are...well...in a video game.

Yea, its OK to get pissed or emotionally disturbed here and there...but jeez people, calm down.

Voice your opinions if you wish, yay! Thats what this community is about (I think, anyways). But this community is damn childish at times...its a useless forum anymore.

LOL What are you reading?  Who is getting pissed?

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2005, 02:19:14 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Zazen I am not going to read that, it would be almost as boring as cherry picking.

The bottom line is, when I see you down low mixing it up with the rest of us contributing to the furball rather than leaching off of it, I will believe you have a clue till then you are just talk.

I contribute to furballs just fine cherry picking folks like yourself with no patience, attention span or impulse control. To allow you and Lazs run amok un-checked would be a dis-service to the game. ;)

Zazen

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2005, 02:21:33 PM »
Originally posted by Casper1

Voice your opinions if you wish, yay!  Thats what this community is about (I think, anyways).  But this community is damn childish at times...its a useless forum anymore.

:(

We're not pissed, we have this same debate every 3 - 5 months. Pontificating over the nuances of the finer points of Fighter Combat gives us Fighter Jocks something to do while we're stuck at work. :aok

Zazen

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
doughnut
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2005, 02:26:54 PM »
Ohhhhhhh - that explains it.....

:O