Author Topic: has anyone flown the 190A5 lately?  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
has anyone flown the 190A5 lately?
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2005, 12:17:48 PM »
Urgh. You can not screw with stall by changing settings like that.

And believe me, the CM's know what they change. It really isn't that difficult, doesn't exactly require a rocket scientist to do it and understand it.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2005, 12:49:11 PM »
I two years I have never seen or felt what you guys describe.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2005, 12:50:48 PM »
Wilbus yes you can. And no disrespect to OM but hes kinda new to setuping up arenas and messes them up sometimes. Even you you have your stall limiter disabled a CM might mistake the "Enable Stall Limiter" button thinking it will let people enable it if they want instead of what it really does enableing stall limiter for EVERYONE in that arena nomatter what you have your settting at. And if he didnt make the stall AoA at the right seting. If set to high then you cant stall you plane out if set to low this its floping around like a fish.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2005, 12:53:34 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I two years I have never seen or felt what you guys describe.

Because you dont fly planes that are easy to stall in the CT. The easyer the plane stalls the more you notice it. Im not just talking about LW other planes with high stall do the same.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2005, 06:45:53 PM »
Crumpp and I squared off in an A-8 vs an A-5. As one would expect, the A-5 performed better than the A-8. Better turn, climb and acceleration.

I did not see any change in the A-5. It is as it's been since AH2 went live.

190s require different skills than a Spitfire and have different flight characteristics. However, it can be flown with great success when used to its strengths, rather than trying to beat the other guy at what his plane does best. If HTC adjusts the weights to where they should be, the 190s will improve markedly.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2005, 06:53:06 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Because you dont fly planes that are easy to stall in the CT. The easyer the plane stalls the more you notice it. Im not just talking about LW other planes with high stall do the same.

Really? I dont? I fly the LuftWubbie planes just as much as I do the Ackllied planes TK, I just dont fly the LW planes when you are there. P-40's stall bad too and I didnt notice it in them.

Originally posted by Widewing
I did not see any change in the A-5. It is as it's been since AH2 went live.

Of course you are right, but you probably arent affected by sugar pills either. :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 06:55:56 PM by Grits »

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2005, 06:59:58 PM »
190s require different skills than a Spitfire and have different flight characteristics. However, it can be flown with great success when used to its strengths, rather than trying to beat the other guy at what his plane does best. If HTC adjusts the weights to where they should be, the 190s will improve markedly.

We did not square off.  You followed me around.  I went at it with some when you took the FW-190A5 and I was in an  4 MG151/20 armed FW-190A8 to see what it could do with full wing armament.  Unlike Focke Wulfs own testing, there is a difference in performance in AH with full wing cannon.  

Historically the FW-190A5 is the worst performing of the Antons.  Grab any aeronautical engineering text and find out what happens when you add weight and no power to a design.  The only plus on the FW-190A5's side is the CG adjustment.

The FW-190A8 was faster and could pull a tighter angle of bank.  It gained less weight than the Spitfire design and just as much power.  There should be little difference between the angle performance of a full wing armament FW-190A3, like the one tested by the RAE, and the FW-190A8.  Especially since the CG range is much better in the FW-190A8.

The FW190 series cannot be flown as it was used by the Luftwaffe.  The FW-190A5 is the closest but is a complete piece of fiction based on a reballasted FW-190G.  Not even the same motor.

It cannot even match the allied test's of captured examples.  

All the best,

Crumpp
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 07:06:14 PM by Crumpp »

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2005, 07:04:57 PM »
I did not see any change in the A-5.

Read the thread too Widewing.  While we all appreciate your sweeping declaration.  The arena with the difference in the behavoir is the CT not the TA.  

No claims have been made about the behavior of the FW190 in any other arena.

All the best,

Crumpp

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2005, 08:37:18 PM »
Well Crumpp, do you have any idea about the weight/power used by Pyro in AH 190s?

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2005, 08:39:38 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
Read the thread too Widewing.  While we all appreciate your sweeping declaration.  The arena with the difference in the behavoir is the CT not the TA.  

No claims have been made about the behavior of the FW190 in any other arena.

All the best,

Crumpp

I read the thread and it started out asking if the 190A-5 FM had changed. It hasn't.... which means, end of discussion.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Crumpp
We did not square off.  You followed me around.  I went at it with some when you took the FW-190A5 and I was in an  4 MG151/20 armed FW-190A8 to see what it could do with full wing armament.

Now wait a minute. I took off in a 190A-5, and before the wheels were barely up you roared in guns blazing....

You missed and from there on it was.... Well, just watch the film. ;)

Crumpp 190A-8 Vs Widewing 190A-5

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Crumpp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2005, 08:59:58 PM »
Man you have a reading comprehension problem.

Read it again:

Crumpp says:
I went at it with some when you took the FW-190A5 and I was in an 4 MG151/20 armed FW-190A8 to see what it could do with full wing armament.

Widewing says:
I read the thread and it started out asking if the 190A-5 FM had changed.

Either your do not understand english, have no concept of the flow of a conversation, or are simply being a troll.

Reread the thread and this time understand it when someone post's:

Crumpp says in his second post of the thread:

It has changed in the CT. I don't know about the main.

Crumpp says after testing the FM in the main:

The test in the main showed that there were not changes in that arena to the FM.

I don't fly in the Main, Widewing.  Only the CT.

Widewing says:
It hasn't.... which means, end of discussion.

No, It means you do not read very well.

All the best,

Crumpp
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 09:03:16 PM by Crumpp »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2005, 09:14:45 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Really? I dont? I fly the LuftWubbie planes just as much as I do the Ackllied planes TK, I just dont fly the LW planes when you are there. P-40's stall bad too and I didnt notice it in them.

Im in there pretty much everynight, and Im one of the last to leave the arena most the time, and 95% of the time I see you on your flying allied. P40s dont stall bad I used to fly both B and E alot and they are great when turning.

Widewing read the first post where storch said,

"go and fly it against a spitV or even a spitVIII. the CT would be a good venue this week, until Friday when the set up changes. please post your impressions/results here."

no one said anything about the FM. Just how it was flying in the CT NOT any other arena.

Originally posted by MANDO
Well Crumpp, do you have any idea about the weight/power used by Pyro in AH 190s?

If crumpp says something isnt right with the 190s then something isnt right with them. You have to know something about them when your helping restore one and writing a book. And like he said before he has so much info on them hes still finding pages that he didnt even know he had.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2005, 09:20:39 PM »
If crumpp says something isnt right with the 190s then something isnt right with them. You have to know something about them when your helping restore one and writing a book. And like he said before he has so much info on them hes still finding pages that he didnt even know he had.

The point is to locate where the problem is, in the planes section we have the weights of 190A5 and A8, but, as far as I know, Pyro never poster the poweroutputs of these planes. May be we have a 190A5 with a clear weight/power advantage over A8.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2005, 09:21:50 PM »
Even you you have your stall limiter disabled a CM might mistake the "Enable Stall Limiter" button thinking it will let people enable it if they want instead of what it really does enableing stall limiter for EVERYONE in that arena nomatter what you have your settting at.

Not so, Tk.  If you disable stall limiter, no one can use it.  Enabling it lets you select it on your own computer (or not).

- oldman