Author Topic: Sign Those Union Cards  (Read 997 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2005, 10:37:33 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
I'm going to open a new fake grass outlet. I require that employees work 7 days a week, 9 hours a day minimum and I pay only minimum wage + overtime, with no raises ever.

Guess who decides if this is fair?

Concerned liberals?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2005, 10:39:35 PM »
The idiots who accept that and work for me.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2005, 11:19:52 PM »
Yo habla espanol jefe?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 11:26:53 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2005, 11:51:01 PM »
Originally posted by Booz
I wonder how much they took off those executive salaries as a cost of being competitive.

maybe the executives have a better "union"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2005, 11:55:22 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
WOW...In missouri USA, there is absolutely no overtime limitations.  They can make me work 24 hours a day 7 days a week, if it were not for the union.  Anheuser Busch wrote that one:furious

Thought the 40 hour work week was a national labor law thing
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 01:38:13 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
You poor misinformed soul.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 02:08:16 AM »

WOW...In missouri USA, there is absolutely no overtime limitations.  They can make me work 24 hours a day 7 days a week, if it were not for the union.  Anheuser Busch wrote that one:furious

last time I was in St' Lous -  I almost got my arse kicked by a drunken vet at a bar when I ordered a Miller lite...lol

I played dumb and used the "I'm with the band" line....

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2005, 02:23:49 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
I'm going to open a new fake grass outlet. I require that employees work 7 days a week, 9 hours a day minimum and I pay only minimum wage + overtime, with no raises ever.

Guess who decides if this is fair?

So nuke, what happens if all the employers in your area decide to do that?  

Still think there wouldnt be any workers?

How about all the employers in the country?  

What if we just said "Ah ****it, lets go with a WORLD ECONOMY" and said all the employers in the WORLD!.  

So what happens then?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2005, 03:20:48 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
So nuke, what happens if all the employers in your area decide to do that?  

Still think there wouldnt be any workers?

How about all the employers in the country?  

What if we just said "Ah ****it, lets go with a WORLD ECONOMY" and said all the employers in the WORLD!.  

So what happens then?

There there Urchin, here's a boss for you...

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2005, 03:54:07 AM »
let's see... at current exchange rates, 48 hours Canadian is about 40 hours American...

What's the problem?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2005, 04:01:34 AM »
get it right GRUN :

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2005, 07:11:56 AM »
Story is true i just got location mixed up with Honda's.

Germany has labour laws that limit a work week to 38 hours i believe.That would be the right direction to go.

and MrSod,if you want more production hire more people..working people into the ground(56+ hours a week) may make your shareholders money,but it's counterproductive for the workforce who have no time for family and are sure to get burnedout/injured.

But then you just let them go i guess eh?..Never have to pay out for pensions and shareholders get richer...that is your point no doubt.

If your not protected by a collective agreement you're screwed if you want to spend time with yer family.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2005, 07:14:58 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
I would think the union would have been pressing for more overtime hours to be made available if anything.

No a union generally pushes for less overtime(limits anyway) so companies will hire more people.(generates more union dues)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2005, 07:39:45 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

Its time and a half after 40 hours.  No maximum legal limit on total hours in the state of missouri.  Ive been scheduled for 84 hours per week for 9 months consecutive, before I had enough seniority to get every other sunday off.  If it werent for the unions, I would still be working 12 hours per day every day, or I most certainly would have quit by now.  The money is good, but the toll on family is heavy.  I have it quite a bit better now, but that can cahnge at any time.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Sign Those Union Cards
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2005, 08:07:16 AM »
BTW, for those of you Union Haters who are enjoying Health Benefits, paid vacations and holidays and sick days.  These were unheard of before the Unions fought for and won these consessions from corporations.  If you are hired into a Union shop as middle management, their benifit package and wages are closely tied to the union workers.  as the workers wage and benifits go down, and they are going to in the coming years, so goes down the middle management and this will gradually work its way up the ladder.  The free worker thoery workds both ways, no company in todays USA is forced to employ Union labor.  No company is forced to ratify a contract.  In nearly all cases, Union/company relationship helps both.  If it does not, then the company forces the Union out and is justified in doing so.  For those using ford and Gm as examples of bad union business, you are short sighted, the major cause of this is not the wages that a car maker is being paid, it is the cost of health care.  This is not the workers fault or the companys fault.  It is the skyrocketing cost of health care.  The workers at ford and GM are making huge concessions in a cooperative effort to try to pull out of it.   If you really want to get down to it, the inablilty of GM and Ford to compete in todays auto industry is more managements responsiblilty than any body elses.   Peopel arent buying hondas and toyotas because they cost so much less due to cheap labor.   They are building better cars that fit todays world.