Author Topic: I Love Texas  (Read 4442 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #225 on: March 02, 2006, 11:31:04 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Les

Well my house doesn't have a cold water fountain, but I nearly always have some salad in the fridge!

Still no reply from jackall. Bet it's going to be a doozie of a wall when it's finished! :eek:

Yes but is it a "tossed" salad?  That's the question.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2006, 11:38:49 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Yes but is it a "tossed" salad?  That's the question.

One would get the impression that he gets his salad "tossed" regularly. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2006, 11:41:52 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
One would get the impression that he gets his salad "tossed" regularly. :D
:rofl

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
I Love Texas
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2006, 11:48:44 AM »
Reading Jackal's posts, I get a sense to pride and warm fuzzies because of how he words everything. When I read Beetle's posts, I get this...cold, clammy feeling in the pit of my stomach because of how he words things. It's like reading a French menu. :huh

Jackal goes to great lengths to elegantly defend the state of Texas. Beelte goes to...semi-great lengths to belittle Jackal because of that fact. Jackal tells it like it is, using grace and style not common to Texans. Beelte...sticks his fingers in his ears and sings God Save the Queen while dnacing about on one foot.

I'm going with Jackal on this one, mainly because I've been to both places and...well, you know. :)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
I Love Texas
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2006, 12:10:25 PM »
Originally posted by texace
Reading Jackal's posts, I get a sense to pride and warm fuzzies because of how he words everything. When I read Beetle's posts, I get this...cold, clammy feeling in the pit of my stomach because of how he words things. It's like reading a French menu. :huh

Jackal goes to great lengths to elegantly defend the state of Texas. Beelte goes to...semi-great lengths to belittle Jackal because of that fact. Jackal tells it like it is, using grace and style not common to Texans. Beelte...sticks his fingers in his ears and sings God Save the Queen while dnacing about on one foot.

I'm going with Jackal on this one, mainly because I've been to both places and...well, you know. :)

You "like" the way he writes that Grasshopper & Ninja stuff even though he has no personal knowledge of a country he likes to take shots at?  You like the fact that he claims victory and yet makes whopping clangers in his knowledge of geography?

lol

Elegantly defends the state of Texas...LOL!!!  Goodness, what does it take to embarras the state then?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2006, 12:50:36 PM »
ROFL - jackall! Was that it? Guess you're having the night off.
Yesterday I just wasn`t in the mood to put on my boots, but I had a brand new grain scoop very handy.
I can wait. :D

<---reads texace's post, grinds teeth upon spotting the split infinitive, checks his location - LOL  - no bias at all then! BTW texace, what bad things have I said about Texas in this thread? I'm not aware of any. :confused:

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
I Love Texas
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2006, 01:36:15 PM »
Ah, I never said you badmouthed the state, mate. ;) I try to maintain an unbiased opinion of both places. I'll give England something, though...it's not nearly as hot in the summer there as it is here. :(

Curv, I also like cheese, pants, and milk cartons, among other things. There are a lot of things that I like even if you don't neccesarily agree. :D And you can't embarass the state...it's just land with invisible borders. :p

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2006, 01:36:34 PM »
I don't have a cold water fountain in my house, but I would if I could.  Other than that the salad question is valid because I like salad, and was saying I couldn't live in a place that didn't have it readily available.

That's all.:D

Les

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2006, 01:39:18 PM »
Originally posted by texace

:D Thank ya Suh.
Tex you got to sorta overlook and pity these poor fellers who can`t understand the fine and intricate works of "puttin on the dog" or how really simple it is to get Ole Blue trained up to open up and accept the bit without being prompted. In this case a hackamore. :)  Bet they can`t whittle a battleship out of a toothpick either. These fine talents are well known to the Texican.
Some get it, some don`t. Some never will. I do believe that I have witnessed something new to me. I have never seen a catfish still swimming around looking for a meal after he had been filleted. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2006, 03:05:17 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
:D Thank ya Suh.
Tex you got to sorta overlook and pity these poor fellers who can`t understand the fine and intricate works of "puttin on the dog" or how really simple it is to get Ole Blue trained up to open up and accept the bit without being prompted. In this case a hackamore. :)  Bet they can`t whittle a battleship out of a toothpick either. These fine talents are well known to the Texican.
Some get it, some don`t. Some never will. I do believe that I have witnessed something new to me. I have never seen a catfish still swimming around looking for a meal after he had been filleted. :)
See Rule #16- All posts, in public forums, should be made in the English language. :aok

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
huh??
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2006, 04:10:54 PM »
:huh

Split infinative, is that like a split s?

? :confused:

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
A word by anyother name, can fill a post
« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2006, 04:21:02 PM »
Hey TexAce:

"I'm going with Jackal on this one, mainly because I've been to both places and...well, you know."

Agreed. ;)

Jackal: wall posts be as they may, heck-fire, I dont KNOW that many words bro. I Salute you. Your freestyle prose is, well, for lack of a better wor... KEWL.

:D

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
I Love Texas
« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2006, 04:45:54 PM »
lol Jackal has a fan club.  

Kewl?  It is absolute nonesense.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2006, 05:22:08 AM »
While I’m waiting for Jackall’s next wall of text, I thought I would add some geographical statistics to demonstrate just how small Texas is on a global scale, but before I do that, I would like to reiterate what I said earlier, which is that to the best of my knowledge, I have not posted any defamatory remarks concerning Texas in this or any other thread.

Some people seem to think that “greatness” equates to “size”, but size is relative and provides no indication as to what may be found within. It is true that Texas is the largest of the 48 contiguous states, and by a margin of more than 100,000 square miles, but on a global scale, it almost pales into insignificance. I have made my own calculations to ascertain the proportions of magnitude of Texas as compared with other geographical entities. I’ll begin with the surface area of the world. To calculate this, I used the formula 4 pi R squared, where R is the radius of the earth and pi is a special mathematical constant defining the ratio between the circumference of a circle and its diameter, and not a dessert to be enjoyed after a 72oz steak! I used the Windows calculator definition of pi. Using data derived from Wikipedia, I determined that the earth has a radius of 3963.205 miles. The result yielded by this calculation giving the earth’s surface area was 197,379,906 – to the nearest square mile. Turning to the Times atlas of the world, the land area of the state of Texas is given as 268,601 square miles. Dividing one by the other, we see that the rest of the world is about 734 times the size of Texas. By the same process, it can be seen that Texas occupies a land area equivalent to 0.136% of the earth, in other words a little over one tenth of one percent.

Thus it can be seen that Texas is “huge” compared to the other 48 contiguous states, but a tiny speck on the earth’s surface. It follows that the earth is 734 times as huge, but when compared with planet Jupiter, it is tiny. According to Wikipedia, 1321 earths would fit inside Jupiter! Keyword: Proportion. :aok
Originally posted by Curval
lol Jackal has a fan club.  

Kewl?  It is absolute nonesense.

Yes of course it’s nonsense, but what I have found, quite consistently as it turns out, is that whenever someone blows his trumpet about the size of a piece of real estate to which he feels some degree of emotional attachment, you will find that the enthusiasm of such trumpet blowing is inversely proportional to his knowledge of geography external to the piece of real estate being trumpeted as “huge”. In my view, jackall provides a classic example, vindicating my theory perfectly. Curval, you live on a small island and are therefore accustomed to being on the "outside looking in" so to speak, so I know you'll have no difficulty relating to my theory. ;)

As I have been at pains to point out throughout this thread, Texas may be large in a relative sense, but appears small when viewed on a global scale…

…Or, to use jackall’s parlance: Like I said, it ain’t that grand. :D

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
I Love Texas
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2006, 05:45:39 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
but what I have found, quite consistently as it turns out, is that whenever someone blows his trumpet about the size of a piece of real estate to which he feels some degree of emotional attachment, you will find that the enthusiasm of such trumpet blowing is inversely proportional to his knowledge of geography external to the piece of real estate being trumpeted as “huge”.  

"The sun never sets on the ..." how does that saying go?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!