Author Topic: Rooks Wanted For Mission Alliance  (Read 10637 times)

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Rooks Wanted For Mission Alliance
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2006, 11:24:02 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril

Apply your logic to another situation, and you'll see your argument doesnt stand up.

WHAT IF SOMEONE WERE TO WATCH THE MISSION PLANNER, AND THE MAP, IN ORDER TO ANNOUNCE EVERY MISSION ON CHANNEL 200?

The way certain sides play this game with spy accounts, they may as well. And the response to that in this thread has been "spying happens." OK ... so base captures in FT happen too.

I'm not trying to be obstinate. But you can't revile one and excuse the other because they both have the same basic intent.

You want a better FT? Disable GV spawn points, bombers, and ord - make radar and ack and hangars immune to gunfire. Then the only thing you can do is head out over the pond and dogfight. But just watch the number of people in there drop by about a third when they can't pad their scores with vultching.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2006, 12:24:47 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
The way certain sides play this game with spy accounts, they may as well. And the response to that in this thread has been "spying happens." OK ... so base captures in FT happen too.

I'm not trying to be obstinate. But you can't revile one and excuse the other because they both have the same basic intent.

I don't think anyones saying excuse the "other" bad behaviors, but the FT base taking can be easily solved by the landgrabbers taking it upon them selfes to just leave FT alone. Guys flying in FT take low fuel and jump off the base to to fight. Following a "landgrab" mission ussally ends up in a vulch fest where the only skill is to get in fast and not bounce your ride off the ground. The folk flying in FT are not going to defend a base as that is not what they are there for, they just want to jump in the fight. Totally different mentalities.

So let the FT folk have there fun, and those who want to run missions can have there fun taking all those other bases and vulchin.

Offline StracCop

• Copper Member
      • http://www.digitaldioramas.com/
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2006, 12:55:32 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Who's in the LCA?:huh

The LCA isn't a squad and therefore doesn't have members.
There are several non-squad affiliated players who wanted to formally link themselves with the LCA so we formed a 'squad' so those players could add the tag to their name.  But the LCA tag is just the tip of the ice berg.  There are many, many others who are in their own squads who are members of the Allaince.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2006, 01:30:27 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive

Following a "landgrab" mission ussally ends up in a vulch fest where the only skill is to get in fast and not bounce your ride off the ground. The folk flying in FT are not going to defend a base as that is not what they are there for, they just want to jump in the fight. Totally different mentalities.

I'll wager they ain't as different than you think. Maybe not you and Simaril per se, but there's always an awful lot of porkin' and vultchin' and GV'in and bombin' going on in FT.

But I agree with you in principle. At some point the community needs to police itself. And that ain't happening. If you condone spying, hiding CV's, and all that when you hear it on the team channel, then you are equally responsible for attacks on FT (taking a page from The War on Terror, as it were).

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2006, 02:03:05 PM »
Eagl's reply
If FT field attacks were somehow detrimental to the game, you can bet HTC would do something about it. But in spite of over 2 years of requests to harden FT fields, they haven't...

You just don't follow the plot and I'm being polite.  No one has said or at least I haven't said anything about "Detrimental to the game".  I'm trying to point out, in vain it seems, that TACTICALLY it was an error to take that 1 base.  I'v hinted at the act has pissed the furballers off but my own personal stand point as a TEAM player / land grabber is you shot your self in the foot and the rest of the / your team had to pick up the TAB.  Thanks a bloody lot.  Read that as 1 pissed off TEAM player.

DokGonZo reply
You want a better FT? Disable GV spawn points, bombers, and ord - make radar and ack and hangars immune to gunfire. Then the only thing you can do is head out over the pond and dogfight. But just watch the number of people in there drop by about a third when they can't pad their scores with vultching.

Again, not following the plot.  A mature responsible attitude by all means HTC doesn't have to recode the arena to stop the irrisponsible if not selfish actions of the  few.  Again I point out the TACTICAL error NOT the bloody bases make up.  Look guys those 3 poxy worthless TACTICALLY bases are surrounded by 20,000 feet mountains they have NO ground vehicle spawn points inside or to the outside of Fighter Town.  They do have a few PT spawn points to the pond within FT...big deal.  

Eagl DoKGonZo I have no idea who you guys are in the game.  You could be a bunch of bish / knights taking the piss for all I know BUT as Senior posters on the boards I suspect you really know better.  I put it to you that you guys are trying to save face after this reckless action of pissing off  FRIEND and FOE alike.  

As for Eagle saying "Sorry to upset your categories, but there are a lot of players who don't fall into your pre-conceived notions of how the game *should* be played.".  This may be true but I respectfully point out that these guys you speak of are not the MANY.  

B]Sorry if that bursts your bubble, but the people you're whining about aren't playing by your rules. They're playing by the rules HTC set up when they designed the game and the arena, and too bad so sorry but their opinion on proper gameplay is just as valid as yours. Maybe even more valid, since they're not whining about how you wasted your evening in a wrong-headed, mistaken and pointless effort to capture fields instead of joining in with the people who were actually having fun.[/B]

Umm you trying to tell me I'm not having fun or If I wanted fun I should muck in with you lot capturing Fighting Town to the detriment of what I consider team play, let alone Tactics?  Come on chap you know you ballsed up.  Pissed Friend and Foe off let alone Tactically shot yourself in the foot.  Just look at the negative replies you guys are taking right here in this forum.  I respectfully request you to consider your future actions.........is all.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »
where are these gv spawns in FT?  havent seen one yet, other than pt boats?:huh
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2006, 03:56:16 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX

DokGonZo reply

Again, not following the plot.  A mature responsible attitude by all means HTC doesn't have to recode the arena to stop the irrisponsible if not selfish actions of the  few.  Again I point out the TACTICAL error NOT the bloody bases make up.  Look guys those 3 poxy worthless TACTICALLY bases are surrounded by 20,000 feet mountains they have NO ground vehicle spawn points inside or to the outside of Fighter Town.  They do have a few PT spawn points to the pond within FT...big deal.  

Eagl DoKGonZo I have no idea who you guys are in the game.  You could be a bunch of bish / knights taking the piss for all I know BUT as Senior posters on the boards I suspect you really know better.  I put it to you that you guys are trying to save face after this reckless action of pissing off  FRIEND and FOE alike.  

Who am I? I am the Lizard King.

I ain't trying to save face for squat. Everything is cause and effect, the attack on FT was a response to something else. You do the math. I don't even know if it was the LCA who captured the base(s) ... all we'd planned for was a couple of bomber strikes to set up a brief vultch-fest (and don't even try to tell me that vultching doesn't happen constantly in FT). I wasn't even there when the bases were captured, so there's nothing for me to defend whatsoever.

"Mature responsible attitude?" I only wish it existed more. If it did, maybe the events which led to capturing FT wouldn't have happened.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2006, 05:07:41 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Who am I? I am the Lizard King.

I ain't trying to save face for squat. Everything is cause and effect, the attack on FT was a response to something else. You do the math. I don't even know if it was the LCA who captured the base(s) ... all we'd planned for was a couple of bomber strikes to set up a brief vultch-fest (and don't even try to tell me that vultching doesn't happen constantly in FT). I wasn't even there when the bases were captured, so there's nothing for me to defend whatsoever.

"Mature responsible attitude?" I only wish it existed more. If it did, maybe the events which led to capturing FT wouldn't have happened.

With your condoning the capture of FT bases I thought you had a hand in it.  Please accept my appols for my assumptions.  However, two wrongs don't make a right with reference to "cause and effect".

Yes, vulching does happen in FT as it does on every base in every arena. It's a given fact which no one would need to deny.  Obviusly what happened was some TACTICALLY IMPAIRED guys, newbies or bloody minded arses, took advantage of the Hanger banging situation.  Hopefully they have learned the ERROR of shooting one's self in the foot.

Man! I tell ya I'v seen some dumb arse stuff in AH over the years and this ( taking a FT base) rates as one of the highest.  Shooting ya self in the foot not realising who shot ya foot, capped with pissing off not only the bad guys but the good guys to.  :rolleyes:

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2006, 07:25:31 PM »
I'd like to suggest to whoever designed the map that a couple minor changes be made.

Close to the town and base place a city and a factory
Place the city close to the town and move the town closer to the feilds

A factory would double the amount of puffy ack up and thus make it more inctence to try to dela with
the Cities have that lazer ack like the feilds do. only it seems to be a bit more accurate.
Have the feilds also within range of the city ack.

In short. Set things up that all ack overlap one another.
So no matter where you try to attack you have to deal with the ak from the feild, the town, the factory and the city And to take the town not only would you have to deal with the town puffy ack. But also the laer ack from both the feild and the city.

Same thing with feild vulching
Try vulching the feild and you not only have to deal with the feild lazer ack, but also the City lazer ack.
Maybe even add a train or two into the mix

While it wouldnt be impossible to take of supress a feild this way. it would certainly make it harder and more interesting lol
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2006, 08:21:53 PM »
Lynx,

You continue to proclaim that taking an FT field is a tactical error...

At worst, it's a strategic error, which means anyone not concerned with arena strategy couldn't care less.  However from a gameplay perspective for a whole lot of players who are not intent on "winning the war", it's not an error of any sort.  It's just something to do.

But a tactical error...  A tactical error is launching a B-17 with no bombs.  Or upping a goon when the ack is still up.  Or attacking a field with too many bombers and not enough fighters, or too many fighters and not enough bombers.  Or attacking a field but not protecting your goon so it gets shot down.  Those are tactical errors and since the people you're mad at achieved their objectives of flattening, vulching, then capturing the field, it's pretty obvious that they did not in fact make a tactical error.

Field capture lies in the strategic realm, and decisions to attack one field or another from an arena dominance or "winning the war" point of view are purely strategic decisions, not tactical ones.

Get your terminology straight before you start trying to lecture everyone on how to play :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 08:25:16 PM by eagl »
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2006, 09:30:08 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
With your condoning the capture of FT bases I thought you had a hand in it.  Please accept my appols for my assumptions.  However, two wrongs don't make a right with reference to "cause and effect".

Man! I tell ya I'v seen some dumb arse stuff in AH over the years and this ( taking a FT base) rates as one of the highest.  Shooting ya self in the foot not realising who shot ya foot, capped with pissing off not only the bad guys but the good guys to.  :rolleyes:

If that's the dumbest thing you've seen you ain't been here that long.

Two wrongs may not make a right, but calling foul on the second guy to throw a punch and letting the first one walk away ain't right either. I can pretty much assure you that none of the LCA showed up that night with even the notion of bombing the snot out of FT. But at some point players who do try to maintain a mature, reasonable disposition get sick of cheaters ruining their nite and just say "F It." And then nothing short of kicking the neighbor's cat through a hedge will suffice.

-DoK

Offline StracCop

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2006, 12:22:28 AM »
A big thank you goes out to all you Knights who saved your FT base for us just so we could cap it and win the war.  Thank you!  

Now I understand what Fightertown is for....helping ROOKs win! :aok

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2006, 12:25:52 AM »
Originally posted by StracCop
A big thank you goes out to all you Knights who saved your FT base for us just so we could cap it and win the war.  Thank you!  

What did you win?

Numbers were way off with pushing 75+ more Rooks..  Not a real impressive feat.  Having flown Rooks for a while now, it was a bit embarrassing to see.  It was enough to make me go Knights.  Can't stand the idea of being a part of a land grabbing race for the reset horde.

Win the war.  Amazing...and sad.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2006, 12:28:48 AM »
Originally posted by StracCop

As of about an hour ago the lamer Rook Horde still hadnt won. In spite of having 130 players more then the Knits at one point during the night.

At one point Rooks had over 260. Neither Bish nor knit numbers where anywhere near that number and still took yas 4 hours to get knits from 14 bases to 10.

LMAO some skill
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline StracCop

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2006, 12:45:10 AM »
Win the war.  Amazing...and sad.

You left out the most important word guys...I wonder why some people never figure this out...

Its not skill..
Its not sad..
and its not win..

the word is FUN!

It was fun the horde the last few bases.  And, well, thats why I plunk down my cash every month to play this game...for the fun.  May not be fun for you, but it was a hoot for me!