Author Topic: 456 players and 4 hordes per side..  (Read 1364 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
456 players and 4 hordes per side..
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2006, 01:57:23 PM »
I guess I'm saying you're right for what you want out of it. But the side effects will just provide more incentive for the crap we now are saddled with.
See I look at the crap we are saddled with as noise.  You are never going to stop the horde mentality and people that take bases that way.  Trying to do so will only frustrate.  So I look at it from a "ok how can I still enjoy fighting in such an environment".  

Thus closer bases.  When the bases are too far apart the only winners are the horde monkies.  The horde is going for the next closest base no matter if it's in the same sector or a sector away.  The only difference is wheather or not you have to fly 5 mins or 30 seconds to intercept it and fight.  I will gaurantee you I am not going to fly into those odds if I have to wast 5 mins getting there.

As for the ho's they don't bother me, 99% of the time they are avoidable and like the horde they are here to stay.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2006, 01:59:23 PM »
Dastardly not all hordes are win the war hordes.  Half of em are just unorganised noobs flying where they are safe.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2006, 02:11:15 PM »
I'm with mars... I don't really care if the horde continues with close fields... let em steamroll fields till they peter out...  I will defend if that looks like a good fight or move to another area if it doesn't.

With close fields you at least get choice. and.. the alt of the fights comes down.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
You are never going to stop the horde mentality and people that take bases that way.

As long as the game allows unlimited respawns for every player with absolutely no penalties for individual or country (team) then you are 100% correct.