Author Topic: HTC please  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
HTC please
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 04:48:58 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor
Well the Japanese planeset has so many holes... you would think they would let us give em a bone so they aren't completely outmatched by the US.

It's a good idea Raptor, then again like Bronk pointed out there are huge holes in the 1946 US plane set.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
HTC please
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 05:29:34 PM »
hmmm... What If?     the Japanese did not surrender after we used our only 2 atomic weapons? What if we were forced to invade Japan... What if the war was drawn out another year.

Sounds familiar.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=108016&referrerid=4072

Was fun then and Im sure this will be ten times better. Looking forward to this Raptor:aok

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
HTC please
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »
You guys are freaking nuts!  does a jap meatball on the 262's 163's and 234's for a SCENARO really get you this pissy?  How the hell do you come up with adding the b-29, f8f and whatever other crap you threw out?  CM team....whats your opinion????  Do you really want to run this event in german markings when it can easily be changed and dropped as soon as the event is over
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
HTC please
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2006, 05:43:40 PM »
LMAO cav you are to ez.

Its a what if scenario as in nov 45 . Cav the war was over in august.
The b-29 was operational in what late 44?
All the other AC i listed I think were on line by the time of the invasion date.
So... If we have JAP 163s , 262s, and 234s. Allied should have their super duper late war AC , no?
That's why I tagged on my request .

Have a nice day.

Bronk

Tongue is still in cheek.

Edit: First combat  for a b-29 was June 5 1944. This what if scenario gets better and better.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 05:56:49 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
HTC please
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2006, 07:08:52 PM »
I understand it is a "what if" scenario....I also understand that the aircraft we are using are not the same models the japs had, or were trying to build...They are German Jets....BUT...These German jets are representing their Japanese counterparts...What would be the harm in allowing a jap skin to be flown on these aircraft during the scenario only????  What I love about scenarios is that they are as close to realism as I have ever seen in a multiplayer online flight simulator (I KNOW IT'S A WHAT IF SCENARIO), and I think flying jets with german markings while they are supposed to be representing the Japanese would take away from the event...Allowing these skins for the scenario only would only add to the event...

In regards to the B-29 or any other aircraft you mentioned, I think it would be stupid to ADD any aircraft into this scenario...The CM team has decided that these three existing aircraft will represent their Jap counterparts...

I think it would be one thing if I were asking to have these be put in the Main arena or other arenas...I dont think its belongs there, but even if the only way to do this was to allow these skins in all arenas during the duration on the scenario, would it really be that big of a deal?  Unless you have forgotten, we have dive bombing lancasters, a collission system where only 1 person gets damage, and the strangest ditch model on earth...Even if skins could not be used exclusively in the SEA during the days of the event, and as a last resort, had to be made available in the MA for the 4 weeks that the scenario will run, is it really going to affect a game that has unrealistic flaws, or your personal gameplay?

Scenario guys and HTC staff.....Do you have any thoughts on this

dive bombing lancasters....ditches
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
HTC please
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2006, 07:47:07 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
when it can easily be changed and dropped as soon as the event is over

Thats exactly what they were getting at.... it CANT be easily changed and dropped.

Skins have either to be approved for ALL online use (ie MA) - which wont happen to your so called "what if" skins.

Or they will have to be built into the TERRAIN itself. Looking at that CM Terrain Team...... im pretty sure we wont see German markings on Japs planes. But thats just me guessing and i do know that things are a lot more complicated then just "skinning it and add it to the map".
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2006, 07:57:29 PM »
The default skin for the jets will be in Japanese markings. They will only be available in arenas using the Japan terrain. I agree with Bronk, we would need all of those late war US planes, but we do not have them. We also need more Japanese planes such as the ki-43, G4M, but we do not have them either. But putting F4u4s, P51Ds, P47Ns up agains Ki-84s, N1KJs and Ki-61s isn't exactly fairl, but with the Ki-84 it is more balanced than past scenarios. The Jets will be limited, you are not going to see F4u4s up against 262s on a regular basis.

It's not as complicated as you all make it seem.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
HTC please
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2006, 08:02:06 PM »
Thanks Raptor...Just spoke with rosc and he also confirmed we will be getting the Jap skins for the event! wooooo whooo!  Gonna make it all the better!   for putting it together, cant wait!
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2006, 08:06:47 PM »
If we put Bronk's avatar in the US CVs and JB28's avatar in the Japanese towers, will everyone be happy?:D

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
HTC please
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2006, 09:42:49 PM »
If we put Bronk's avatar in the US CVs and JB28's avatar in the Japanese towers, will everyone be happy?:D

I second this idea .  This may cause to many lawndarts on both sides though.

:D

And just so you know I really don't care about skins or LW ac used .
Its a fine scenario and am looking forward to it.
I just couldn't miss an opportunity to spin cav up.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
HTC please
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2006, 11:05:19 PM »
Theres something both bronk and I can agree on! lmao:noid
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2006, 11:49:46 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Thats exactly what they were getting at.... it CANT be easily changed and dropped.

Skins have either to be approved for ALL online use (ie MA) - which wont happen to your so called "what if" skins.

Or they will have to be built into the TERRAIN itself. Looking at that CM Terrain Team...... im pretty sure we wont see German markings on Japs planes. But thats just me guessing and i do know that things are a lot more complicated then just "skinning it and add it to the map".

With all due respect Schatzi, having a sleigh led by flying reindeer, or a bunch of hovering PT boats aren't realistic either.  But we have them for a day or so every now and then (no one complains - well, not many complain :)  ) so what's the big deal about having a few "what if skins" available in the MA for a few Saturdays of a month for the benefit of a scenario?  After that Saturday, just make 'em unavailable again until next week.

I understand what the skinners are getting at now, but I don't see it as an insurmountable obstacle :)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
HTC please
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2006, 12:02:42 AM »
Vudak the sleigh is in there all the time, and the PTs are already in there. HTC just unlocks certain parts of the code at certain times. A skin would be there all the time :(

HTC are far too busy to put a skin in the skin pack, in the high res pack, to enable it for DL on all the servers, then undo all their work a day or so later. Hey, it would be cool if they had that kind of turnaround, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Rap's way is the only way it could be done (included in a map) and that's basically permanent for the map whenever anybody uses it.

Just a FYI. I'm not arguing my point anymore. I've said my mind. This was more in response to the complexity of pulling it off.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2006, 12:38:01 AM »
The only way you were going to get in was by someone building them into the terrain, so I guess it's in Raptors court.

Adding and pulling skins isn't as easy as some seem to think it is.
Each time requires the whole skinpack to be rebuilt.
Add to that the time between skin updates, it was highly unlikely they'd ever get released for general use.
HTC have far too much stuff on their plate at the moment to worry about non-historical skins.

Last time I spoke to Skuzzy (last week)
1) Another patch to hopefully get this current release stable and fix more bugs.
2) Then update skinviewer
3) Then new skins

All this with TOD (or whatever the hell it's called now) development ongoing.

I'm sorry - 1 day (not even a day, a few hours tops) A YEAR when HT flies around the MA in his sleigh is hardly a precedent for adding non-historically skins to the MA.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2006, 12:47:36 AM »
You and Krusty keep implying that it is going to be submitted like a typical skin. I've already stated it is going to be built into the terrain, so lets just let that thought go.