Author Topic: New TA map  (Read 1410 times)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
New TA map
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 06:59:47 AM »
Cool when I get back I'm gonna have to try it out and let you guys beat up on me:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
New TA map
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 07:37:10 AM »
for those of us stuck in the middle of nowhere for another week, any chance of a screenie or description? sounds cool!:)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
New TA map
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 07:57:56 AM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
for those of us stuck in the middle of nowhere for another week, any chance of a screenie or description? sounds cool!:)
Here:

:)
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
New TA map
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 08:38:23 AM »
ooohhhhhh

I should have thought to ask for that yesterday since I had to sit and wait 6 hours in anticipation.

Love the new layout by the way
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
New TA map
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »
OK I just checked this one. PT boats enabled at A1, don't know about other fields.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
New TA map
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 12:00:24 PM »
i feel like a dummy..just started a thread about this in general discussion..anyway  wtfg you guys.sweet.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
New TA map
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 01:18:57 PM »
Great Map and Great Funtions too, like airstarts at certain fields etc etc

wtg guys

I'd love it if there were a deep snake river type canyon added to it
very narrow with lots of tight turns for training and doing races
and things,

It would also be great if that dueling area had DA settings
though im not sure you can do that
Cooleyof 367th

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
New TA map
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 03:38:18 PM »
Stuck at work and just curious as to what the "no fly" zones are?  Mountains?  500 mph down draft? :)

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
New TA map
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 04:02:39 PM »
Really high walls. The No-fly zones are there to keep you at least 17 miles away (the max AH fog visibilty distance setting) so that the sight of really high walls doesn't kill the feeling of flying in the open sky. :)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
New TA map
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 04:12:43 PM »
Another thing to disable are the filed guns. Again specifically referring to A1.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
New TA map
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 06:15:52 PM »
The walls are like 35,000 ft, right I flew over one last night just to see how high they were it took like 2 hours just for me to get there. By the way good going guy's love the new setup:aok :O
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
New TA map
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 09:42:49 PM »
do the bases change? I noticed that for dive bombing the bases are all rook, and I can't access them. is there different days for different training? The screenshot is different than the map I see different countries in different arenas
Lagger

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
New TA map
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 09:59:29 PM »
I noticed that for dive bombing the bases are all rook

The bases for dive bombing start at A-20 on the bish side and you air spawn out over them at 20-K by using the NE runway at A-20.

For those not familiar with the air spawn, it drops you in the air at a given altitude and you simply hit G and point the nose down.The reason for this is that it cuts down on flight time.

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
New TA map
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2006, 10:52:26 PM »
How do you airspawn??:D
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
New TA map
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2006, 08:45:31 AM »
Originally posted by lagger86
do the bases change? I noticed that for dive bombing the bases are all rook, and I can't access them. is there different days for different training? The screenshot is different than the map I see different countries in different arenas

Bases shouldn't change in there but you can change sides at will. Points, sides and country loyalty do not matter in the Training Arena.
To switch you can use the Change Country option in the O'Club on your clipboard or the dot command dot country X where 1=Bishop, 2=Knight and 3=Rook.
His map might look slightly different than yours for a few reasons. He may have changed some of the default colors and of course nothing will look exactly the same on two different monitors.
Also, they may be some minor tweaking by the AH2TC to fine tune the map to their exact specifications.

Originally posted by red26
The walls are like 35,000 ft, right I flew over one last night just to see how high they were it took like 2 hours just for me to get there. By the way good going guy's love the new setup:aok :O

Something like that I'd try offline.
The 'No Fly Zones' are there for a reason and I'd assume the AH2TC would heavily frown upon people doing that regularly or any time at all.
No fly obviously means No Fly.
And yes I'm a party pooper.