Author Topic: <S> FSO squads  (Read 2974 times)

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
<S> FSO squads
« on: September 15, 2006, 10:14:13 PM »
whoot -- loved the 3 minutes of tonight's action, unrealistic plane set for time period, launching p38s off a cv.  Beautiful!  What's next week going to bring?  More realistic, fun filled action?  

yes, a whine has been recorded.

This is not meant as a post against the Frame CIC.  He did what he could with what he had.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 11:47:55 PM »
What the hell are 38's doing on a carrier.............?

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 11:48:46 PM »
*nod*

My squad just goofed because of our own lack of experience with the aircraft assigned, so I can't fault anyone but me there...

Still, I agree, if you want to call it 1942, bring a 1942 planeset.

This was one of the most brutal FSO's I can remember and I've been at it for 3 years!
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 11:58:41 PM »
Originally posted by mussie
What the hell are 38's doing on a carrier.............?

what the hell are ya doin on the bbs instead of flying FSO:furious
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 12:00:15 AM »
Nightmares rolled 41 and within 5 mins there was 6 out of 16 left. I kind of disobeyed the attack order, and elected to run south and grab. A few others got out. We survived to re-fuel and get a couple more kills. Then we slowly got whittled down. I survived the frame (first in weeks) and think I got 1 kill and an assist.

~AoM~

Offline Longdist

• Zinc Member
What was the point of putting out orders!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 12:16:07 AM »
This was the worst frame I've seen in a while.  What was the point of putting out orders if the plan was to jump us shortly after putting wheels in the wells?  No joy on this one gents!  :(

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 12:26:39 AM »
P38's off the carrier was a last minute change in my orders.  I didn't like it either, but felt it necessary.  I was told, and reminded that P38's would be allowed off the carriers.  I was very concerned that we would not have enough assets to take Henderson field, so I used one squad.  The worst case scenario in my mind was that the Axis launch superior numbers from A1 and A41, and the attack never gets through.  Thus the big fighter sweep, and the intent to rearm and finish the job.  The assets were there, I took down one hanger with the ship guns, took off 2nd life in a P38, killed a 2nd hanger, shot down a N1K2, then a second N1K killed me.  Most of the rest of our squad died to Ack or low enemy fighters.  The biggest problem was that I am not aware of a single other plane that managed to rearm and drop eggs on A1.  Plane after plane landed, crashlanded, or were otherwise unable to take off again because of dammage.  There were a few that I know of that tried to rearm at a field, but they never made it back to A1.  Thank you for trying.  I have to say that everyone did their best.  The flow, control and direction on rearming was not very good, and I appologize for that.  Better luck next frame.   Falcon and Axis.

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 12:32:10 AM »
Longdist, I don't know what to say.  I hear from people all the time that FSO is boring cause you spend all this time flying around with no action.  Be happy you did enough to keep us from taking A1.

Offline XPSteve

• Zinc Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 12:47:13 AM »
So how do we know who won? Sorry, I'm new to FSO.

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 12:54:26 AM »
Steve, 68KO will count the points up and post them here in a day or two.  I can tell you though, the Axis kicked our fannies.  I ran up the surrender flag, but Falcon shot that down too.  :D   Falcon.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 01:14:51 AM »
Originally posted by doobs
what the hell are ya doin on the bbs instead of flying FSO:furious

At Work Mate Its Sunday 04:14 PM here

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 01:20:19 AM »
Originally posted by TracerX
P38's off the carrier was a last minute change in my orders.  I didn't like it either, but felt it necessary.  I was told, and reminded that P38's would be allowed off the carriers.

Hey not that I was there but,

If it was a case of 38 launching willy nilly off the CV then I would be pretty pissed about it but if 38's comming off carriers was allowed then I have to say I dont see a problem Hell they Launched 26's in the doolittle raid....

FSO

One Day I Will Be Back

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 01:21:55 AM »
Probably best in the future if we keep actual carrier ops limited to carrier aircraft. Bound to cause complaints. We saw V6 flash immediately and knew something was afoot. Then we saw the cloud of dots out at sea. When we saw 38s way over our heads was when we said huh?

Alot of the guys in our squad only seem to play AH for FSOs. They really look forward to friday nights. Seeing so many leave so early I felt bad for em. Please for the next one lets try to go for quality of the fight over going for the sure win. If its in the rules and all fine...but rule makers, please keep the event somewhat realistic and not geared towards allowing things that are out of the norm.

Im happy..I lived for a change :"P

~AoM~

Offline 96Delta

• Nickel Member
      • Loose Cannons Alliance (LCA)  "Realize Your Potential"
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 01:25:10 AM »
I came...
I saw...
I engaged...
then my plane fell apart. :lol

...i never fired a shot.

Ahh, the joys of flying Japanese aircraft.
And this after I repeatedly warned my guys that
the Ki-84 had a nasty tendency to shed parts.  doh!

Had fun for the 3 minutes it lasted though.  

David
343.Kokutai
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 01:28:52 AM by 96Delta »

To be sure you are going to Heaven when you die  CLICK HERE.

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
<S> FSO squads
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 01:36:54 AM »
Think the whole point of why most like flying the FSO's is for historical plane sets and to refight WWII battles as they occurred.

If the whole reason was for instant fighting, than FT in the MA would accomplish that.  There really isn't a reason to have 38's lifting off carriers.  Many FSO's we've had to fly long distances from land because the planes we flew wasn't available on CV's.

Why have cv's start the frame so close that they can shell the base at the same time their fighter force is attacking planes that just took off 3 mins earlier?. Granted the allies came in force, and wiped us out fast and for that I the allies. I'm sure tracer that you can understand of how ridiculous the setup was.  A restriction of 3 squads launching per CV which allows for the whole allies side to launch within mins of their target.  No discernable way to counter (SB's, PT's).  We were light nikis and your hvy fighter still had alt on us and we were grabbing from take off.

A6 was flashing before launch.  My squad enjoys flying FSO's, but IMHO this frame was a forgone conclusion before it even launched.  True, noone wants a 2 hours, no nmy sighted FSO, but do you really want a FT type scenerio either? In this case, why have not have fields in the same sector for euro FSO's, will save alot of time.

I'll round up the guys for the next frame, but under these type of circumstances we won't have no choice but to give up the defense just to grab south and have a fighting chance.  I did try and call them off of 41 / 1 and just let the allies have it, but with a 4 to 1 ratio, could only get 3 out of the melee in the first 10 mins.

allies, you womp on us AK's good ;).  But I have to admit, if we had known this, we would have given up 41 / 1 right at wheels up and headed south.

AKKaz
CO AK's
AKKaz
Arabian Knights