Author Topic: Democrats win big on House. Senate... a toss-up  (Read 4367 times)

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Democrats win big on House. Senate... a toss-up
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »
Looks like some here are looking at Iraq in black and white terms.

Cut and run from the right and redeployment from the left is just political lingo for 'you're wrong and I'm right', IMO.

One thing that is going to happen under a Democratic congress is some sorely needed oversight into where and how our money has been spent in Iraq.

There has been all too many of our tax dollars lost, stolen and just flat out tossed away with an almost total absence of any form of accountability with the exception of their knowledge that some 10's of billions of dollars and thousands of weapons have simply dissappeared.

The fact that these actions to address the waste in Iraq will involve congressional investigations is going to ruffle more than a few feathers, but, IMO, that's what's needed to weed out the scoundrels who have been robbing us of boatloads our tax dollars.

These next few years leading up to the election in '08 are going to be very interesting.

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2006, 05:02:19 PM »
I hope the first thing they do is go through the books and see who's been making all the cash from the Iraq thing. Second would be to find out who's been skimming off the top and throw their prettythang in Jail.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2006, 05:22:53 PM »
Originally posted by Hawco
I hope the first thing they do is go through the books and see who's been making all the cash from the Iraq thing. Second would be to find out who's been skimming off the top and throw their prettythang in Jail.

Tin Foil Hat candidate.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2006, 05:29:03 PM »
It was a given that the Gop would lose the House-- As for the Senate---Missouri and Montana in particular-- had the Senate not been acting SOOO unconservative--spending money like 'drunken sailors', and trying to move the whole #$%$^#$ population on Mexico in here--it wouldnt have driven so many folks to either sit home or vote Libertarian. In BOTH of those states, the Libertarian candidate got more votes than the deciding difference between the Repub guy and the Dem guys (gal)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2006, 05:45:37 PM »
Even relatively conservative incumbents who have done well for their constituency have been tossed out in favor of unknown Democrats claiming to be at least moderate, and conservative on some issues. They got caught up in the rush to "throw the bums out".

The Republicans brought this upon themselves, and they have no one else to blame. I was terribly disappointed in the choice they made to replace Frist, who I was not happy with. Corker was certainly far less of a good candidate than either of the two he beat in the primary, but the party backed him. So he got elected. Then he had Ford for competition and barely beat that scumbag. It was the same in many places.

In the two close Senate races that it appears will give the Democrats control over the Senate as well as the House, the difference will likely turn out to be those disgusted Republican supporters who stayed home.

If the Democrats didn't really suck, they'd have easily beat the average and a lot more Republicans would have gone home.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »
The tide is turning, and not soon enough.

The Democrats have a tough job ahead fixing the damage that has been done.  I dont envy them!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2006, 09:05:50 PM »
you haven't seen damage yet ... its coming though
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2006, 09:09:35 PM »
dangit... shoulda made a bet with Eagler.

:cool:

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2006, 09:16:49 PM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
Looks like some here are looking at Iraq in black and white terms.

Cut and run from the right and redeployment from the left is just political lingo for 'you're wrong and I'm right', IMO.

One thing that is going to happen under a Democratic congress is some sorely needed oversight into where and how our money has been spent in Iraq.

There has been all too many of our tax dollars lost, stolen and just flat out tossed away with an almost total absence of any form of accountability with the exception of their knowledge that some 10's of billions of dollars and thousands of weapons have simply dissappeared.

The fact that these actions to address the waste in Iraq will involve congressional investigations is going to ruffle more than a few feathers, but, IMO, that's what's needed to weed out the scoundrels who have been robbing us of boatloads our tax dollars.

These next few years leading up to the election in '08 are going to be very interesting.

I think your entirely correct.
But I also think that anyone thinking that now the the Dems have congress
That they are goign to be able to just start banging gavels and demanding things is in for a rude awakening.

They have the majority yes. But its not an overwhelming majority. Which means they arent going to be able to do justr whatever they want because they want.
Now they (both sides)are more or less going to be forced to work in a more bipartisan way or nobody is going to be able to get anything done.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2006, 09:27:39 PM »
It was all part of "the Uniter's" plan.
sand

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2006, 09:29:38 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
I think your entirely correct.
But I also think that anyone thinking that now the the Dems have congress
That they are goign to be able to just start banging gavels and demanding things is in for a rude awakening.

They have the majority yes. But its not an overwhelming majority. Which means they arent going to be able to do justr whatever they want because they want.
Now they (both sides)are more or less going to be forced to work in a more bipartisan way or nobody is going to be able to get anything done.

yep.  much better.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2006, 09:33:32 PM »
Yanno I was just thinking.
They way Dems are renowned for spending money.
And the way Reps have been spending money.
Abou tthe only way for the Dems to distance themselves from the Reps.
Is to be more like a fiscally conservative republican LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
One team blames the other for loosing... DOH!

"That" "is" "how" "you" "usually" "win" "or" "loose" "something..." "the" "other" "guy" "is" "better."  (sorry.. had to) :D

When one party "loose" the election, does the other party tighten it?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Democrats win big on House. Senate... a toss-up
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2006, 12:23:28 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
Projected New Senate:     49 Democrats     49 Republicans     2 ties
Projected New House:     241 Democrats     193 Republicans     1 Tie

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

look at history its nothing new.  every 12 to 14 years or so control of both houses changes, it has happened like clock work for over 100 years.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2006, 12:55:32 AM »
Not really a loss at all for the Republicans.  

They are just setting up for 2008, right guys?