Author Topic: "perked ordnance system"  (Read 5429 times)

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2006, 04:46:58 PM »
Bombing is such a significant investment in time that it is already discouraged.  I rarely do any high altitude bombing just because I seek more action.  There are days I just feel like furballing myself.

However, further discouragement from using bombers will be received very unwelcome by the majority of veteran players, I strongly suspect, based on conversations I am already observing in the game text buffer.

I do not believe Hi-Tech's vision for his game matches with the majority of his paying customers.  He may find himself with his ideal game and very low customer census.

If I were Hi Tech, I would side with caution and maximized revenue potential.  People, as a general rule, resist change and not all change is for the best.  

"If it's not broke, don't fix it."

So again, I am strictly opposed to a perk based ordinance system.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2006, 05:13:53 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
You seem to think that they were kidding about perking ord. They are not. They've said they will do it with the c-hog weapons on the d-hog. This is what they're going to do.

The JOKE was in how they're going to perk it, and the whole credit card thing.

The idea of perking various weapons loadouts has been requested for many years.

The C hog is a poor example. All they're doing there is eliminating essentially duplicate models. Odds are, you pay the exact same perk to get the 20MM cannons on the D Hog as you do to roll a C Hog now. It means they'll look the same, and may not carry the perk tag in the icon. It's not like they're adding perks to the C Hog it doesn't have on it now.

The same thing can be done with the current LA-7, which in most cases DID NOT have 3 cannons. It had 2 cannons. So they'll have one LA-7, but it'll have two gun load outs, one free, and one perked.

You are also assuming that you "buy" the bombs and that the perks are spent permanently. It might be that you buy the ordnance with perks, and if you don't suicide into some sort of asset in order to kill it, but rather attempt to make a decent drop, you don't lose perks. That may or may not be the case, I'm just saying it might not be nearly so simple as you think it is.

It is possible that the perk ordnance system is intended to do more than one thing. It might reduce the number of separate models in the hangar, and also reduce the amount of suicide griefers flying around making suicide attacks on all sorts of assets.

You really cannot penalize people for getting killed, without making the game unplayable. But you CAN use perks or SOMETHING to make it costly to use ordnance for suicide runs without penalizing people for getting killed.
They might just be perking ordnance to keep people from "wasting" planes and ordnance by taking 3 heavy bombers and crashing into a carrier, or hangars, or GV's. It might just apply to heavy fighters as well.

It sounds like a good idea to me. What would be the drawback to perking ordnance to prevent suicide griefers?
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2006, 05:14:35 PM »
I think a bomb's perk cost should be directly equal to the bomb's poundage.  A 1,000lb bomb should cost 1,000 perks.  Want 8 of them?  8,000.

;)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2006, 05:29:19 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
I think a bomb's perk cost should be directly equal to the bomb's poundage.  A 1,000lb bomb should cost 1,000 perks.  Want 8 of them?  8,000.

;)

yup exactly...
2 perks for round of 50 cal, 3 perk pers round of 20mm, 4 perks for round of 30mm and 5 perk per round of 37 / 40mm.

50 perks per rocket.

20 perks per tank shell.

30 perks per troop your carrying.

20 perk per gv supply you carry

50 perk per feild supply.

you could also start perking engines as well.....

want a twin? that cost you 50 perks for the extra engine.....

Want 4 engines? that's 150 perks. burn one up or lose one....minus 50 perks from your score.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2006, 05:33:54 PM »
Why so many are reeled in.....

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2006, 05:50:11 PM »
Originally posted by Stang

;)

i think it should be directly equal to the pilot's poundage too.  upping a fighter for Hub - 300 perks.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2006, 06:22:44 PM »
Originally posted by Ball
i think it should be directly equal to the pilot's poundage too.  upping a fighter for Hub - 300 perks.
:rofl

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »
i think radio should be perked. 1000 perks per minute. that way the squeakers will be no problem...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »
We interrupt this thread for an important message.

In any population, there exists medians for almost anything, including, say... naivete. Half the population is less naive than the median level, and half is more naive than the median.

The population of the world has more than doubled in the last 40 years. In North America, the population has almost doubled since 1950. That means that there are as many people today who are more naive than the median than all the people who lived in North America when I was born. The numbers are staggering.

You can't walk outside without bumping into a few dozen before you even get to work in the morning.

We now return you to this thread.

;)

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2006, 07:20:59 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex

In any population, there exists medians for almost anything, including, say... naivete. Half the population is less naive than the median level, and half is more naive than the median.

The population of the world has more than doubled in the last 40 years. In North America, the population has almost doubled since 1950. That means that there are as many people today who are more naive than the median than all the people who lived in North America when I was born. The numbers are staggering.

You can't walk outside without bumping into a few dozen before you even get to work in the morning.

;)

:lol

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2006, 07:21:27 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex

The population of the world has more than doubled in the last 40 years. In North America, the population has almost doubled since 1950. That means that there are as many people who are more naive than the median, than all the people who lived in North America when I was born. The numbers are staggering.

;)

:huh

i sho do likes a post'n in da AH forearm wen im boed. :huh

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2006, 07:25:26 AM »
Ya Waffle BAS ;)  Good chum u put out there .

Perks for added range , very good idea . :aok
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2006, 02:10:38 PM »
Times like this are why, many many years ago, I mastered the skill of using a throw net :)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2006, 02:32:19 PM »
Originally posted by culero
Times like this are why, many many years ago, I mastered the skill of using a throw net :)

culero

back at ya wiseguy

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
"perked ordnance system"
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2006, 02:46:42 PM »
Originally posted by roach

back at ya wiseguy

:rolleyes: :confused: :huh

Bronk
See Rule #4