Author Topic: AH is loosing its essence  (Read 5027 times)

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 04:35:29 PM »
No offense but htc shouldnt have to adhear to the standards of low end systems.. it needs to move on with the times.. I know its easy for me to say since i have a new box but a radeon 1900? the pos laptop i bought last year has one of those.. HtC has to balance between low and high end pc's with that "slider" a tad closer to the high end ones than low end.. otherwise i paid $3.4k just to play a nintendo game..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 04:42:39 PM »
I agree with you about the game losing its essence but thats just cause i played so much i got burned out and am taking a break. I dont know about the new ack changes but ill be back soon to see them.
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: AH is loosing its essence
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 04:42:52 PM »
Originally posted by roach
I guess you failed to understand that the changes are going to be progressive.  Base capture will become increasingly difficult as these progressive changes are implemented, until finally, base capture may be nearly impossible.  

just organize a bigger horde

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006, 04:43:27 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
HtC has to balance between low and high end pc's with that "slider" a tad closer to the high end ones than low end.. otherwise i paid $3.4k just to play a nintendo game..

No offense, but exactly how many people do you think actually pay anywhere CLOSE to $3.4K for a computer?

The truth is, flight sim people do not spend much if any more  than $1K for a computer on average. And they ride that sucker like a burning airplane until it just won't fly anymore. Flight sim people are not the same as regular "gamers". And dedicated die hard flight sum people are the only customers that can be counted on to be here for the long run.

I think we've got close to 60 people spread out amongst our 3 wings that make up the squad. The vast majority of them spent well under $1K for their systems, and many are like me, and I paid $600 or so to build mine about 3 years or so ago. And I can't afford to pay $1K to build another one right now. If it comes to that, I'm done.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 04:44:56 PM »
Originally posted by roach
The increase in airfield AK does not bother me.  Taking enemy airfields will be more difficult, true, however, defending friendly airfields will be easier.

However, other planned changes which have yet to be implemented, but are planned, do concern me a great deal.   I would caution Hi Tech to speak to his paying customer base, and not simply go on the opinions expressed here in a very biased forum community.

No assumptions, merely careful reading of what is stated, not implied, and those who have already made assumptions.

:noid :noid :noid

No one is going to end the war or taking of bases. It just ain't happening. The dynamic of how it is done will change as the game gets more complex.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 04:45:54 PM »
Roach are you kidding ?

IF  Ht perks ord load out it will be a good thing also.
Especially if it involves 1000 lbs bombs on fighter AC. No more wave after wave of fighters releasing bombs and slamming into hangers adnauseum.

What you fail to realize it will add a bit risk to part of the game that that had none.
Ohh and thats a good thing.

Bronk
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:50:47 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 05:00:03 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
No offense but htc shouldnt have to adhear to the standards of low end systems.. it needs to move on with the times.. I know its easy for me to say since i have a new box but a radeon 1900? the pos laptop i bought last year has one of those.. HtC has to balance between low and high end pc's with that "slider" a tad closer to the high end ones than low end.. otherwise i paid $3.4k just to play a nintendo game..

The Radeon 1900 is a pretty high end video card. It wasnt even out last year.

I’m also getting stutters with my NVIDIA 7800 gtx on a system with a Pentium 930 3ghz duel core processor, 2 gigs of ram. This is a system that rarely dropped below 75fps (refresh rate synced) and NEVER stuttered before the patch at nearly full detail settings. There is obviously something wrong and im sure it will be fixed soon.

AS for the ACKs on the fields and town....FINALLY. Towns  had ack in the past and then it went away. Im glad its back. You can still easily capture a base, but its going to take teamwork. One lone fighter isnt going to be able to swoop in , kill all the acks, and the troops or Ord in 1 or 2 passes.

Offline roach

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 05:00:50 PM »
Not everyone shares your optimism.  

Suicide should be handled differently.  I suggest that people using kamikaze tactics should have to wait a specified duration before respawning.  This is not uncommon in other online games.  

If you, the player, choose to "head-on" with another player, or drop your ordinances while diving to certain death, then you should be delayed, perhaps two minutes, before you are able to respawn.  

Only a death resulting from being killed by an opponent should allow for you to respawn immediately.

Then the collision model could be fixed resulting in more realistic game play.

Kamikaze tactics are legitimate, but quickly exhaust a country's resources.  A student of history should fully understand the impact of such tactics, and adapt the game to reflect a penalty in accordance to discourage it, while recognizing the legitimacy of the practice in actual warfare.

Again, I am strictly opposed to a perk-based ordinance system.  I can only say I believe it is an absolutely dreadful idea.  I am confident that a perked ordinance system will result in disgruntled veteran players and a loss of revenue for Hi Tech Creations.

Bronk: Just to clarify this for you, no, I am not kidding.  There is no humor implied or otherwise intended.  I really do not like the impression I am getting from the planned progressive changes to game play.  So, again, "not kidding."

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 05:07:29 PM »
i like the new ack. brings more strategy to the game. as it was before, it was getting kinda boring. a couple of wingmen could fly NOE to an undefended base and take it easily. as fun as it is, i feel it was getting boring. this new patch brings more strategy and thought to the game.  i say to HiTech and the new stuff!!   :aok

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 05:07:52 PM »
Roach, you seem to know of these "progressive changes" that none of us are privy to that apparently will bring the gameplay apocalypse to Aces High.  Mind sharing some secrets with us, Nostrodamus?

:noid

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2006, 05:15:20 PM »
Originally posted by BigR
The Radeon 1900 is a pretty high end video card. It wasnt even out last year.

I’m also getting stutters with my NVIDIA 7800 gtx on a system with a Pentium 930 3ghz duel core processor, 2 gigs of ram. This is a system that rarely dropped below 75fps (refresh rate synced) and NEVER stuttered before the patch at nearly full detail settings. There is obviously something wrong and im sure it will be fixed soon.

AS for the ACKs on the fields and town....FINALLY. Towns  had ack in the past and then it went away. Im glad its back. You can still easily capture a base, but its going to take teamwork. One lone fighter isnt going to be able to swoop in , kill all the acks, and the troops or Ord in 1 or 2 passes.

those stutters are bugs.. has nothing to do with system specs..
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2006, 05:16:57 PM »
Roach, were you here before under another name, or are you making assumptions on 3-4 months of AH?

SaVaGe

Offline Monster0

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vetgamer.com
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »
I love change and I'm quite excited about ah2 engine.  A 750-1000 pc can run this game very well and you should built it yourself.  

We should not change the collision model.  I believe most do not understand but I do not want to be punished for a collision that didn't happen on my end.  I fly very close within 200 yards at times and I've seen countless soandso collided with you.  I avoided him clearly on my end, why should I take damage?

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2006, 05:19:47 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
those stutters are bugs.. has nothing to do with system specs..

Did you even read what i said? I said "Theres obviously something wrong"  I was just telling you that its not because our systems are low end which is what you were emplying.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2006, 05:20:46 PM »
Roach = Another on hook from the perk ord. thread.