Author Topic: Next time you meet a wealthy person, thank them...  (Read 4132 times)

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Next time you meet a wealthy person, thank them...
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »

Originally posted by mietla

I'm amazed how successful the lefties are in pushing this caricature of a world view. But.. just read this BBS or even this thread.

Originally posted by Silat

Since they control 75% of the capital I think Ill with hold thanking them

Originally posted by Yeager

screw em. Get that 1% to pay the full 100% of the nations taxes. They've earned it. Greedy bastards.

Originally posted by cpxxx

I am glad to see the rich are paying their way. But they hardly feel it.

The best tax cuts are those which lower taxes for the lower and middle income workers. The rich don't need any help from the government

Originally posted by Sixpence
So, am I going to shed a tear for the guy making 18 million and paying a third? No.

Originally posted by Midnight Target

BS

You are very observant.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 05:49:46 PM by mietla »

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2006, 06:04:34 PM »
I make 60k, have a 2k mortgage, pay $2400.00 in property taxes, 2k in fed taxes(after return) 1k state tax, and countless other fees, fines and taxes. If I were to pay a third of my income in taxes I would not survive. If I made 18 million and paid a third, i'd be living on easy street.

So, am I going to shed a tear for the guy making 18 million and paying a third? No.

First of all, nobody with that income, or anything near it, is being taxed at a rate of one-third. Unless they are paying their tax attorneys overtime, or defrauding the US government, they're paying far in access of that. I suppose it is unnecessary to remind you that the vast majority of those in the highest tax bracket are making nowhere near 7 figures, and that most of them do not retain tax attorneys, either.

But even if your figures are correct, this guy pulling in $18m a year is still putting $6m into the federal economy. That's in proportion to his earnings, and sufficient. In either case, it's not the fault of a wealthier man that you are making less than you think you deserve.

This country provides enormous legally-viable opportunities in an expansive range of fields. Like I said before, I've seen it with my own eyes. Those who are either unable or unwilling to use those opportunities, should not limit those who are.

Those who are bitter about others' legal use of these opportunities need to find a better use for their time.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 06:07:40 PM by Neubob »

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2006, 06:39:38 PM »
well said, but it touches yet another principle of dems' politics.

The assumption is that the economy is a zero sum game. If someone makes profit, it HAS TO BE at someone else's expense. They just can't accept that it is possible to create value/wealth to everybody's benefit.

The dems treat wealth like energy, you can't create it, you can only transfer/convert it.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2006, 06:43:19 PM »
Is Chartity an ex-wife?

i saw chers' titties once.

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »
Originally posted by mietla
well said, but it touches yet another principle of dems' politics.

The assumption is that the economy is a zero sum game. If someone makes profit, it HAS TO BE at someone else's expense. They just can't accept that it is possible to create value/wealth to everybody's benefit.

The dems treat wealth like energy, you can't create it, you can only transfer/convert it.

"The concept of limited good" should be renamed "the concept of limited intelligence".

I really wouldn't lose too much sleep over this, though, Broom. Those that believe these things are doomed to a lifetime of ineffectual *****ing and moaning. That, far more than inheritence or bloodline, is the most effective way of defining the classes.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2006, 08:39:11 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
the rich pay taxes because they have the most money and can afford to pay taxes.  What do you think is a fair income tax for a baseball player who "earns" 26 million a year?  30%?  gee that only leaves about 18 million a year to survive on.

That sounds suspiciously like "From each, according to his means, TO each, according to his needs"
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline ByeBye

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
the rich pay taxes because they have the most money and can afford to pay taxes.  What do you think is a fair income tax for a baseball player who "earns" 26 million a year?  30%?  gee that only leaves about 18 million a year to survive on.

Do you think anyone would play the lottory if the government took 99% of the pot as taxes? The people that win million dollar lotteries can afford to pay 99% of the winings in tax, otherwise they would not be buying a lottory ticket in the first place. Am I right?

People that have the ability to earn millions of dollars because they have the skilll, talent, drive, ambition or whatever should not be expected to pay for all the worthless, lazy bums who don't have a skill, ambition, or drive and  simply are worthless losers.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »
The only thing the lefties value is a physical labor. If you sweat, your work counts, if not, you are a thief who steals "real workers" wages. They even go as far as to ignore the result. It's the effort and sweat that counts, the result is irrelevant.

Since when has any democrat ever broken a sweat doing physical labor?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2006, 09:34:48 PM »
Ghandi's seven sins:

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Knowledge without character
Commerce without morality
Science without humility
Worship without sacrifice
Politics without principle

Darned liberal values.....

storch

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2006, 09:45:11 PM »
mr ghandi should have applied them to his own life.

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Ghandi's seven sins:

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Knowledge without character
Commerce without morality
Science without humility
Worship without sacrifice
Politics without principle

Darned liberal values.....

empty sound bites.

Why don't you elaborate on your BS call.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2006, 10:18:20 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
It's axiomaticistical.

A black hole just formed in my soul.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2006, 10:50:55 PM »
Wow. Lot of youngsters here. I remember the days when federal and SS taxes (yes, it's a tax since it's co-mingled and spent - faster than it's paid -  as part of the general fund and not an 'investment') were about 27% of gross for a lower middle-class income. Earnings over $100K (about, can't remember exact amount) were taxed at 90%! Capital gains were taxed at 40%.

The only people exempted from paying social security taxes (until they were assimilated in to the borg) were federal government employees. They knew it was folly and would never provide a decent pension.

What you get for your taxes is the crux of the issue. If you got health care, perfect roads, great schools, safe streets that you could walk at night and a pension allowing more tasty nutritional treats than dogfood, it might be okay.

But you don't. You get crap for your taxes. Most middle-income families have been forced to have two incomes to maintain a decent standard of daily existence - three months away from homelessness if you both lost your jobs or fired for the disloyalty of becoming ill. Of course anyone should do whatever they want. If a couple is able to raise children to become responsible and well adjusted while juggling careers, more power to them, but many are unable to do that.

You fell for the carnival scam of lotteries that would infuse your state budget with hundreds of millions of dollars 'free' money for education and reduce your property taxes. Uh huh. How's that working out?

The rich people have always been comprised mostly of people who inherited it, stole it or were lucky. Those three ways top all others. The anomalies are those who earn it. The odds of a person born into a poor family of escaping poverty are slim to none, in every country including the US. There are a million stories of people and families in desperation that never get written for every "rags to riches" or "Paris Hilton" story.

Sheesh, Donald Trump's father gave him $10 million and choice NY property to get him "started."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 10:53:43 PM by Rolex »

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2006, 10:58:16 PM »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2006, 11:23:46 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
The rich people have always been comprised mostly of people who inherited it, stole it or were lucky. Those three ways top all others. The anomalies are those who earn it.  

If you're talking about everyone whose income puts them into the highest tax bracket, I'd really, really love to see you prove this in a way that satisfies more than just your own sense of self-satisfaction.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 11:26:13 PM by Neubob »