Author Topic: take the challenge and speak the blasphemy  (Read 4034 times)

Offline BOOMHOWR

• Zinc Member
take the challenge and speak the blasphemy
« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2007, 09:28:49 PM »
Originally posted by dmf
So I should take it that you've accepted the fact that your stuff is crap, and my crap is stuff?
Leave me alone or I'll turn you into a toad :D

I have accepted that. Have you?

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2007, 01:07:11 AM »
Originally posted by BOOMHOWR
I have accepted that. Have you?

Ok I accept the fact that U post crap:D

But you people have your beliefs, and conceptions, and we have ours,
If you wanna think god loves everybody, go for it. I'll stay the way I am, and keep giving thanks to Mother Earth.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2007, 02:16:44 AM »
Originally posted by dmf
Ok I accept the fact that U post crap:D

But you people have your beliefs, and conceptions, and we have ours,
If you wanna think god loves everybody, go for it. I'll stay the way I am, and keep giving thanks to Mother Earth.

Dmf,

May I offer an input?

To begin with, most of us don't particularly want advice, especially about religion. Religion is something very personal. No one can know how we really feel about it. It is, as I mentioned, very personal. If I were to eat an orange you wouldn't have a clue as to what it tasted like to me. It is my experience to taste that orange. It is the same with my personal beliefs about God and life. It is the same with your beliefs about an all mighty and life. We can all put labels on it if we are so inclined but it falls back to the same thing. It is personal.

There has been a lot of talk about  the history of religions and what different peoples believed or were thought to believe. History is important in that it gives us something to measure things by. There is a starting point for everything. Religion is no different. We need a point of reference. I highly reccomend you look into historical facts. They, in themselves, can be facinating reading. One can learn all sorts of things about why we do what we do today from what was done centuries ago.

I believe in Jesus Christ and I believe he is the reason for my salvation from eternal death. I can't force anyone, you included, to believe this. I can only present the facts as I personaly have experienced them and give everyone and you the oportunity to see things as I see them.  To be a true Christian is to try to spread the word of Jesus Christ.  One can live like a Christian but spreading the word of salvation is also part of it.

There is a lot of talk about not infringing on one's rights to believe as they wish and I support this belief.  That doesn't change the fact that I may wish to try to enlighten my fellow man on what I believe is the true path to happiness here and beyond.  I won't make a pest of myself on the matter, it's not my style, but I will on occasion mention what I spoke of.

There are preconceptions about every walk of life. People love to put labels on others. It is a human trait.

Live the good life, live the right life, live to enhance your life experience and hopefully the life experience of others and be your own person.

I have rambled enough.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2007, 03:41:50 AM »
I don't believe in God, at least not as described by any religion known to me. I consider myself an agnostic. However, I cannot dismiss the possibility that God may exist; one cannot prove a negative. So I will not go out of my way to knowingly offend a God, just like I wouldn't go out of my way to break the law just for the hell of it even if I know the chance of getting caught is close to negligible. It would be an unnecessary risk and just stupid.

Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 03:46:56 AM by Viking »

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2007, 04:42:12 AM »
some dude told me jesus has some brothers & sisters, so maybe i m g0d's great great...great great nephew:aok:aok

Oh noes, what if maybe ossamma bin laddenn is!!!:O:O:O:noid:noid:noid:noid

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2007, 08:32:29 AM »
Originally posted by Viking
I don't believe in God, at least not as described by any religion known to me. I consider myself an agnostic. However, I cannot dismiss the possibility that God may exist; one cannot prove a negative. So I will not go out of my way to knowingly offend a God, just like I wouldn't go out of my way to break the law just for the hell of it even if I know the chance of getting caught is close to negligible. It would be an unnecessary risk and just stupid.

Does that make sense?

Well said.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2007, 09:51:22 AM »
viking.. yes, that is very well put... As to why anyone would do it?

you would only do it if you had a grudge against people that believed in god or you were the type of person that enjoyed making fun of others when they thought there was an audience who agreed or.. simply was out of sight...

Or.. you would if you were brainwashed into thinking that every bad thing in the world was the result of some religion or the other or.... you were just jealous or... you thought it made you look modern and edgy..

In any case... to go out of your way to bash religion is pretty childish and wussy and there really are no good motives.

lazs

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »
Originally posted by Mark Luper
Dmf,

May I offer an input?

To begin with, most of us don't particularly want advice, especially about religion. Religion is something very personal. No one can know how we really feel about it. It is, as I mentioned, very personal. If I were to eat an orange you wouldn't have a clue as to what it tasted like to me. It is my experience to taste that orange. It is the same with my personal beliefs about God and life. It is the same with your beliefs about an all mighty and life. We can all put labels on it if we are so inclined but it falls back to the same thing. It is personal.

There has been a lot of talk about  the history of religions and what different peoples believed or were thought to believe. History is important in that it gives us something to measure things by. There is a starting point for everything. Religion is no different. We need a point of reference. I highly reccomend you look into historical facts. They, in themselves, can be facinating reading. One can learn all sorts of things about why we do what we do today from what was done centuries ago.

I believe in Jesus Christ and I believe he is the reason for my salvation from eternal death. I can't force anyone, you included, to believe this. I can only present the facts as I personaly have experienced them and give everyone and you the oportunity to see things as I see them.  To be a true Christian is to try to spread the word of Jesus Christ.  One can live like a Christian but spreading the word of salvation is also part of it.

There is a lot of talk about not infringing on one's rights to believe as they wish and I support this belief.  That doesn't change the fact that I may wish to try to enlighten my fellow man on what I believe is the true path to happiness here and beyond.  I won't make a pest of myself on the matter, it's not my style, but I will on occasion mention what I spoke of.

There are preconceptions about every walk of life. People love to put labels on others. It is a human trait.

Live the good life, live the right life, live to enhance your life experience and hopefully the life experience of others and be your own person.

I have rambled enough.

Mark

Your input is noted and accepted, thank you for making some sense.
I'm not trying to give anybody advice on religion, personally I don't care if somebody worships a stop sign or a pile of trash on Wednesday evening, the only point I'm trying to make is that the conception that everybody has of god is a peace loving, turn the other cheek god. God is neither a total peace loving god or a total tyrant. God is somewhere in between the two. The first commandment says that we can NOT have any gods before him, that leads me to believe that just maybe there could be more than one god.

Offline BOOMHOWR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2007, 02:40:32 PM »
I thought Jesus was a mexican boy born in the back of a truck on the 4th of July.

Wow, talk about a mind-blow.

storch

« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2007, 03:32:56 PM »
I thought Jesus was a mexican boy born in the back of a truck on the 4th of July.

Wow, talk about a mind-blow.
was it a small explosion?

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2007, 04:20:57 PM »
Originally posted by dmf
Your input is noted and accepted, thank you for making some sense.
I'm not trying to give anybody advice on religion, personally I don't care if somebody worships a stop sign or a pile of trash on Wednesday evening, the only point I'm trying to make is that the conception that everybody has of god is a peace loving, turn the other cheek god. God is neither a total peace loving god or a total tyrant. God is somewhere in between the two. The first commandment says that we can NOT have any gods before him, that leads me to believe that just maybe there could be more than one god.

I believe:

There is only one God. The gods God spoke of were idols, pagan gods that were worshiped in that day in time.

God is All knowing and All loving. This is not to imply that he will not punish or allow bad things to happen to us. You love your children and though you love them you will punish them to teach them and you may allow them to make a mistake that will hurt them a little bit to give them some life experience. Multiply that love you feel for your children many more times than is imaginable and you may get an inkling of God's love for us, his children.

God wishes us to worship him of our own choice not because he can make us want to worship him. In giving us choice he doesn't continualy interfere with our lives. Right or wrong, he allows us to make our own decisions.

We don't have anything within our grasp of understanding that can even begin to let us see what God really is. We have to take it in total faith.

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2007, 04:51:37 PM »
Wow.  This thread is still going strong, eh?

Anyone change their minds yet, on either side? :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2007, 05:24:57 PM »
Originally posted by storch
was it a small explosion?

Flash in the pan :)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline BOOMHOWR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by culero
Flash in the pan :)

culero

Yeah, fortunately no one was injured in said mind blow. I still think Jesus is a mexican boy though.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2007, 06:38:42 PM »
Yeah, fortunately no one was injured in said mind blow. I still think Jesus is a mexican boy though.

I happen to know Jesus personally. His friends call him Chuy. He's an adult.

He and his wife did just have a boy, but the boy's name is Oscar.

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey