Author Topic: TrackIR and AH View System  (Read 2585 times)

Offline rodak

• Zinc Member
TrackIR and AH View System
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2007, 10:31:39 AM »
Hey guys, I don't know what software version of track ir you are running but I just updated mine from the 4.1.028 to the newest released version and it seems to hold the view at the edges much better (less freezing and jumping to the froward view) so you might wanna try that too.  I'm not crazy about the true view though, If I looked to my left to check my 6 I would lean right to look around the seat and now with true view I have to lean left.... I disabled true view for now as I keep looking at the center of my seat that way.......

Offline HGKC

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.hiredguns-AH.com
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2007, 01:16:06 PM »
RODAK  You might want to check your version the newest are 4.1.030. These just came out of beta, but you are still 2 behind. I will be trying these out later to night.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

Offline rodak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2007, 03:04:58 PM »
Thanks HGKC I'm downloading it now...................:)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »
I have been flying FS2004 some and miss Trackir so reordered it again from
cheaper trackir and a free Hat

I been reading all your posts with interest .

I still think a 8 way hat and one finger on a CH throttle is the best in AH but who am I hehe .

I landed here last night :)

Real time weather so it's snowing and a little dark out . Gonna love trackir with this game again , getting more used to auto pilot and gps now also
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:54:20 PM by airspro »
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline HGKC

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.hiredguns-AH.com
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2007, 03:02:34 AM »
AIRSPRO  Have you tried to make the micro stick like TIR you can map it in game or like me in the CH controll manager. There is a tread on this.  It was in over the nose veiw started by SCHATZI.  

MURDR wrote "On the CH Pro Throttle, you can set up the thumb microstick to gain essentially the same view by assigning it to move your head position." and"X Rotation > Analog Inputs View Move Left/Right
Y Rotation > Analog Inputs View Move Up/Down

At least thats the tumbsticks axis assignment on my system.

Edit: I did have to turn on scaling, and add some deadband to those two axis to get them to work properly."

This is the in game mapping that MURDR does.

I do it in CH CM hit the stick scroll down in DX DEVISE and make it mouse you have to play with the deadzone and senativety think mine 30 DZ 50 SEN. You can then use micro stick like TIR.

Sorry about hijack but kind of on same subject.

When my dog starts looking at me funny wondering what the hell is he doing as my head turns this way that way I turn off TIR and use micro stick.Dogs falls asleep quick turn TIR back on. Till dog starts looking at me funny again.
:huh
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2007, 09:25:38 PM »
Originally posted by Mace2004
Here's mine Homeboy.  You'll see that I've mostly eliminated the dead zones along the axis.  This makes the tracking smoother for me and gives less of that "rubber band" feeling when your view moves near/across the pitch and yaw axies.

-
  Mace2

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Are those dashes supposed to be in there or should I remove them? HomeBoy's doesn't have any.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2007, 10:15:59 PM »
Here's Mace's profile cleaned up for cut and paste ( didn't fix the indentation problems):

Mace2

-

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2007, 01:26:43 PM »
Originally posted by Speed55
i find it nearly impossible to check 6 while flying all the us navy planes. I remember before i bought trackIr, that i was able to fly the f6f and be able to track bogies on my tail, but not anymore.
Anyone else have this problem? It just happens when flying us navy birds, and worst with the f6f and fm2.

Originally posted by Mace
No real problems with the planes you mention but TIR does have a hard time with both the F4U and 109F. In the F4U part of the fuselage shell extends forward over the pilot's head and in the 109F the armor shield does the same. Since the preferred TIR head position is essentially back and up this means that when you turn around these parts are right in your face, a much bigger issue than the headrests. You can look around them but it's much harder than just a headrest. I've yet to find a good TIR head position that allows this to be done comfortably.

Mace

The problem as I see it is that the Track IR model of head movement in the Yaw and X axes, and its incorporation into AH, could still use some improvement.

In real life it is impossible to sit in a chair and look directly aft into the chair's headrest. Your head-neck-torso forces an "X" axis (side-to-side left-right) displacement whenever you turn (Yaw) your head. So in R/L when you check your six you will never be looking directly aft into your headrest, you'll always be displaced right or left a certain amount that automatically avoids the headrest.

But if you look at the "heads" view of TIR you see that the Yaw axis rotates in an unnatural "Exorcist" way that does not take into consideration the head-neck-torso.

Targetware's incorporation of the TIR view system into their virtual cockpits forces the aft view so that you automatically wind up looking around the headrest. If you look aft in Targetware you automatically avoid the headrest.  It should be mentioned that Targetware only uses 3 DOF and not the full 6 DOF as in AH. Still I wonder if AH could develop the virtual cockpit that would force the TIR "Yaw" to look around a deadspot directly aft of the pilot's head to force a more natural view aft.

Another idea that I sent as a suggestion to NaturalPoint was to add an additional "gauge" to the six existing gauges that samples the "Yaw" axis but inputs that sample into the "X" axis. That means that when your virtual head rotates, say 90 degrees to the L, you set the 7th gauge to automatically move your head some amount to the L in the "X" axis (side to side). When your virtual head gets to say 135 degree rotation aft, your head slides out a little farther. In this way you could also avoid the headrest in aft views. Whether or not this was what "Trueview" was supposed to be, I don't know. As far as I know the TIR aft view is still somewhat a problem.

I think these improvements would make a great set of products even better.

Best regards
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:37:15 PM by Old Sport »

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
Here's Mace's profile cleaned up for cut and paste ( didn't fix the indentation problems):

Mace2

-

[/B]

I missed one dash, see if you can spot it .