Author Topic: New plane election  (Read 31521 times)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
New plane election
« Reply #405 on: March 24, 2007, 11:42:12 PM »
Originally posted by TwinBoom
speaking of countries that lack planes
why do french not have 1 single plane

Same reason they sell slightly used firearms?   only dropped once :p
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
New plane election
« Reply #406 on: March 25, 2007, 01:11:13 AM »

Good point.  How could we forget all the uber French planes?

- oldman (..er...SPAD?)

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #407 on: March 25, 2007, 01:17:07 AM »
Originally posted by Atoon
Considering that the LWAs are 75% la7 & spit16, it seems that the masses would want improved versions of those models......................

Kinda interesting that everyone is voting on these obscure planes. I say if yer gonna spend the time making a plane, make somthing that will see some air.

IMO what the game(AH2) needs RIGHT NOW is maps, good maps. After that, Id prefer to see the release of TOD or whatever its GOING to be called, than to see any new planes/vehicles/new terrains added to AH2. I think actually playing TOD will help us decide what planes etc. would be ideal to add. Just like the gameplay helped determine what planes were added to AH & AH2.

Lets have some un-manned R/C recon planes, so when they get shot down by the horde we dont actually die.
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
New plane election
« Reply #408 on: March 25, 2007, 01:34:49 AM »
If we're talking jets, why not the Salamander, the HE 162? (don't recal the number)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
New plane election
« Reply #409 on: March 25, 2007, 01:36:26 AM »
No we are talking the list Pyro gave us.

Try again.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
New plane election
« Reply #410 on: March 25, 2007, 01:57:16 AM »
Originally posted by BBBB
Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

-BB :noid

What the hell are you people thinking? I'm as much a WWII history buff as anyone else and I've never read anywhere where anyone said that the P39 was anything but a mediocre fighter at best and, without a supercharger, it's high alt performance is worse (you aint chasin bombers down with it). A P39 would be nothing more than an underpowered underarmoured IL2. I don't know where these fevered visions of air superiority for the P39 are coming from but they are simply not supported by any type of historical data. There's a reason we gave those things to the Russians with wild abandon. Much like the Buffalo, it was pretty much scrap compared to the other rides we had. Why didn't we lend lease P51s and F6F's to the Ruskies? DUH!! If the p39 is modeled right, it will be just more cannon fodder and after the initial release, will sit in hangers unused all across HT-Land. Unless everyone is just itching to straffe land targets with that huge 30mm (it was a wierd calaber 33mm or something like that) this plane is a waste of time. You people are gonna talk Pyro into doing up the P39 then we'll all be stuck with that pig.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:06:14 AM by Bubbajj »

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
New plane election
« Reply #411 on: March 25, 2007, 02:47:04 AM »
At the time they choose P39 for land lease, US had nothing better to offer
Also, they  (Russians)reject p51's, 47's , 38's as not useful for eastern front.

If you are not ignorant , as you say. You should know why ;-)

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
New plane election
« Reply #412 on: March 25, 2007, 04:03:58 AM »
and why weren't they usefull on the eastern front??? DING DING DING, cause they needed ground attack planes, not fighters. Sorry, go read up, the P39 wasn't much of a fighter.

Offline Lukkari

• Copper Member
New plane election
« Reply #413 on: March 25, 2007, 04:28:53 AM »
Brewster Buffalo!!!
:D
RÄ!-TÄ!-TÄ!-TÄ!-TÄ!-TÄ!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
New plane election
« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2007, 05:01:33 AM »
Originally posted by Bubbajj
What the hell are you people thinking? I'm as much a WWII history buff as anyone else and I've never read anywhere where anyone said that the P39 was anything but a mediocre fighter at best and, without a supercharger, it's high alt performance is worse (you aint chasin bombers down with it). A P39 would be nothing more than an underpowered underarmoured IL2. I don't know where these fevered visions of air superiority for the P39 are coming from but they are simply not supported by any type of historical data. There's a reason we gave those things to the Russians with wild abandon. Much like the Buffalo, it was pretty much scrap compared to the other rides we had. Why didn't we lend lease P51s and F6F's to the Ruskies? DUH!! If the p39 is modeled right, it will be just more cannon fodder and after the initial release, will sit in hangers unused all across HT-Land. Unless everyone is just itching to straffe land targets with that huge 30mm (it was a wierd calaber 33mm or something like that) this plane is a waste of time. You people are gonna talk Pyro into doing up the P39 then we'll all be stuck with that pig.

The P39 also has to be one of the fugliest planes ever. You can almost see by the shape of it that it cant be very good.

Offline Matson

• Zinc Member
New plane election
« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2007, 05:15:48 AM »
Brewster:aok

Offline Tacitus

• Zinc Member
New plane election
« Reply #416 on: March 25, 2007, 05:24:35 AM »
G-55 Centauro, He 111, He 177, Brewster Buffalo, Me 410

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
New plane election
« Reply #417 on: March 25, 2007, 06:34:10 AM »
Grande Tacito!!!! Prendi il mio avatar e unisciti alla lotta! :D

Great Tacitus!!!! Take my avatar and join the struggle! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
New plane election
« Reply #418 on: March 25, 2007, 07:09:41 AM »
p39 or brewster

No G.55 no more ubber planes.
Its a temp clone,we need more planes to chase?
Look at the early war arenas, they are so lacking it is sick.
and here ya'll are pusing for another ubber ride for your country's pride.

What Karnak said first, more early rides before ubber ones.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
New plane election
« Reply #419 on: March 25, 2007, 09:53:26 AM »

The white flags keep blowing off.
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF