Author Topic: Deflection 101  (Read 4512 times)

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2007, 03:20:21 PM »
You lost me there.....

Originally posted by WMDnow

"I Disagree with this, you dont know if someone is a HO tard unless you have been. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you are acusing me of being stupid and unreasonable, so I was trying to show you what i meant."

Are you saying that you used to be a "HO tard" because you once were one yourself and that is how you know about them?  Or are you trying to say that I'm a "HO dweeb"?

I've never accused you of being stupid or unreasonable in this or any other thread.

But now that I think of it, I do believe you are unreasonable.

"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Deflection 101
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2007, 04:33:10 PM »
Originally posted by StuB
Im sure that if HTC wasn't trying to strive for REALISM they would have  turned off HO's.  

But they didn't, did they?

Maybe they need to create a "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron" arena where HO's are turned off for you?  :)

Its a "realistic" GAME. If you find your self starting to think this stuff is real, please turn off your computer and find a doctor jeeez !!

oh I've played "Snoopy vs the Red Baron" and the flight model sucks !

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2007, 04:44:50 PM »
HO DS HO DS HO DS HO DS  not many know the difference and even if they do,  they go for the HO anyway!  LMAO!:aok

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2007, 05:50:06 PM »
Originally posted by gusman
Is it Ok to HO bombers?

not a troll It's a great tactic but don't want to be called a HO dweeb

gusman44

Yup, 262's too. HO'em every chance I get!
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2007, 07:14:28 PM »
You lost me there.....

"I Disagree with this, you dont know if someone is a HO tard unless you have been. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you are acusing me of being stupid and unreasonable, so I was trying to show you what i meant."

Are you saying that you used to be a "HO tard" because you once were one yourself and that is how you know about them?  Or are you trying to say that I'm a "HO dweeb"?  

Them and no

I've never accused you of being stupid or unreasonable in this or any other thread.  

You sure have an odd show of respect

But now that I think of it, I do believe you are unreasonable.

:lol :lol

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2007, 07:19:19 PM »
Im sure that if HTC wasn't trying to strive for REALISM they would have  turned off HO's.  

But they didn't, did they?

Maybe they need to create a "Snoopy vs. The Red Baron" arena where HO's are turned off for you?  :)

You cant turn off HOs, its impossible. if you did, no more engin damage, no more PW, no more BnZ and TnB and no more sciccors

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Deflection 101
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2007, 07:35:26 PM »
You cant turn off HOs, its impossible. if you did, no more engin damage, no more PW, no more BnZ and TnB and no more sciccors

No it's not.  We didn't have them in AW and you were able to easily substain engine damage, Boom and Zoom, Angle and Turn fight and scissors in that game.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2007, 08:39:13 PM »
I used to get frustrated when people went and HO'd me, but now I enjoy it.  By actually putting in some effort into trying to shoot someone in the back, I've reached the point where if they try to HO me, and don't hit me, they're usually dead.

And, if they try to HO me and actually do hit me, I get to climbout again, x out to windows, come on these forums, and read all these threads where people without a clue try to explain why people with a clue should do anything besides roll their eyes whenever someone says, "it was used in real life! It's a valid tactic! Stop complaining - this is WAR!!!" Or any of the usual garbage :D

But, anyway, play the game however you like.  It's your $14.95, and I kind of like the easy kills every now and then.  As long as you spend all your time practicing the HO and nothing else, you'll always be a pretty easy kill for anyone in a faster plane, anyway :aok

- One more thing though - in regards to the film - although, yes, most of the shots he was taking were HOs of one sort or another, I do have to say it looks like a good way to practice 90* crossing shots...  I can't really think of a more efficient way to practice those.  So good job on that :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2007, 04:28:52 AM »
Originally posted by Vudak
I used to get frustrated when people went and HO'd me, but now I enjoy it.  By actually putting in some effort into trying to shoot someone in the back, I've reached the point where if they try to HO me, and don't hit me, they're usually dead.

Ditto. In fact, every time someone tries to HO me at initial merge, I'm happy: it means he/she is a clueless pilot that prefer to lose any advantage he can get and to put himself in a worse position just to open fire at merge... and that means I can easily be on his six in a matter of seconds. Just avoid the first HO, and the kill is yours! ;)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2007, 07:17:16 PM »
ok thats 3min 37 secs Ill never get back :rolleyes: wth was that

AH Nascar ?
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline StuB

• Zinc Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2007, 08:09:51 PM »
And you are 100% correct on this?  

In the various versions of AW, HO's were turned off, and on.....and off, depending how much whining went on... but they were still able to model engine damage, etc...   I would imagine that AH2 is not all that much different.

"Facing up to 200 Russians eager to have a nibble at you, or even Spitfires, can be quite enjoyable...but curve in against 70 Boeing Fortresses and all your past sins flash before your eyes."

Major Hans "Fips" Philipp
Geschwaderkommodore, JG 1
206 Victories. KIA 8 October, 1943

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Deflection 101
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2007, 11:07:12 PM »
He's not correct.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2007, 11:11:51 PM »
Thank you for supporting someone who calls the game 'real life'.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Deflection 101
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2007, 11:47:46 PM »
AW had the randomizer (better known as the reamdomizer), where you took damage was based on a roll of a dice.  Nothing to do with HOs or where you were hit.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Deflection 101
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2007, 01:39:26 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
Ditto. In fact, every time someone tries to HO me at initial merge, I'm happy: it means he/she is a clueless pilot that prefer to lose any advantage he can get and to put himself in a worse position just to open fire at merge... and that means I can easily be on his six in a matter of seconds. Just avoid the first HO, and the kill is yours! ;)

I'm sorry but I don't believe it.  If the other guy is trying to HO you and misses it means he at least passed close to you.  If he extends while you have to turn you burn E and he doesn't.  Somehow "easily being on his six in a matter of seconds" doesn't add up in this scenario.  Wait, I take it back, you are on his six but 3K off.  Unless your in a faster plane then I still don't see where "the kill is yours".

If the other guy turns after the HO attempt you might be right but even then if he has a better turning or better climbing plane he might just re-gain the advantage.

I'm not nessesarily advocating the HO here but I think your statement is a huge genralization and a bit of chest thumping.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.