Author Topic: good grief  (Read 2841 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
good grief
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2007, 01:48:49 PM »
(grunt...snicker, snicker):rofl :rofl :rofl :D
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
good grief
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2007, 01:49:01 PM »
Originally posted by KingSix
oh and thunderegg KISS MY WHITE prettythang! id gladly shoot you down if i didnt think it was important to still fly with death49. hell, i gladly shot down hellcatt, wt666, and a few other birds of shame. to which i am immensly proud.

With stats like these, it would be an amazing feat if you could actually shoot something down.

Kills per Death + 1:  0.48 2925
Kills per Sortie:  0.35 2964
Kills per Hour of Flight:  4.10 1866
Kills Hit Percentage:  3.81 2394
Kill Points:  20528.60 754

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
good grief
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2007, 01:49:53 PM »
Originally posted by thndregg
(grunt...snicker, snicker):rofl :rofl :rofl :D

Okay, now I'll behave myself.;)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
good grief
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2007, 01:52:47 PM »
frodemk3: with a little brain power you could figure out my ingame id.
pk1mw: i fear no one. i dont fear getting flamed. ask the birds of shame. who cant even honor the requests of their own supposed squad members to come to those who they have problems with and instead go right over them.

Making friends today, are we? :D

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
good grief
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2007, 01:56:50 PM »
frodemk3: with a little brain power you could figure out my ingame id.

Ok, Now I've gotta E-mail Skuzzy and ask for a list of People that have been Banned from the BBS.

I figure we can do this with a process of elimination.:lol

Or, maybe someone else could help us compile a list, right here on the board???
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 02:00:48 PM by FrodeMk3 »

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
good grief
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2007, 01:58:11 PM »
Originally posted by PK1Mw
All people see is it has a 37mm and they automatically think.. "Wow, here's a big gun to HO with".

I thought that was our little secrete PK.
:p
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
good grief
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2007, 02:00:50 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
B25 is cool no doubt, but the P39, man that would have been sweet.  Maybe HTC will pull a proverbial rabbit out of their collective pie hole and give both planes at the next update.
A-men to that brother. Both would be ideal. :)

King-Six - Ack-Ack has it right - don't EVER under estimate the love Americans have for their war veterans.  Besides, the fact you're playing a WAR simulator should indicate what kind of person we are... military fans perhaps?

A war veteran(like myself), current military personnel, past military, military in the family blood, we all have our reasons.  Asking us to vote for historical aircraft because someones dad flew it, call me stupid, it 'might' influence the vote. :)

I didn't vote for the B-25 at first because I missed Toad's posting about his dad, and I thought that we could of used more Axis aircraft.   I should of remembered too because Toad and I flew together for years.  But here we are, the B-25 is in, and people are complaining. Hmm...

You could be trying to persuade/bribe Pyro to put both in. :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline -SR-

• Copper Member
good grief
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2007, 02:02:45 PM »
It's only a Game. Animated(Cartoon) Airplanes. It is addicting as well. The B-25 will be fun to fly. So will the other planes that will come and go.

-SR-:aok

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
good grief
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
The raid was not a total disaster, in fact it was a great success.  

Tactically, it had little impact as damage was minimul but that was not the point of the raid.  The point of the raid was to show the Japanese that we are able to take the war to their homeland and can strike whenever we want, where ever we want.  On a strategic standpoint, the Doolittle Raid was a complete success and you'll have a tough time finding any historian that will say otherwise.

ack-ack

I've read from multiple sources that the raid became a major motivator for the Midway operation -- to establish a defensive line farther from Japan. Midway, however, didnt turn out the way they planned.

Doolittle was a major uplift for morale, it sent a message to Japan -- and its indirect military effects contributed greatly to shortening the war via Midway. I'd call that a resouding success.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
good grief
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2007, 02:49:10 PM »
...and to all you people who think the b25 should have been added for "historical" impact, fine what ever, but the point is, that bomber is slow, doesnt have the bomb capacity to be more than trivial at best.

So I don't get it.  How is this different for the other planes on the list for voting?  None of them match up performance-wise against the top-end aircraft we have in the game now.  

By this logic HTC would reduce the planeset down to just the best of the best then.  This is obviously not their strategy for Aces High.  They must believe that there are other reasons for someone flying a simulated WW2 airplane than it being the fastest, best turning, or carrying the most payload.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline KingSix

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
good grief
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2007, 06:58:37 PM »
hehe what the stats fail to show is, the majority of my kills are kills of people who rate 600 or higher in general standing.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
good grief
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2007, 07:03:52 PM »
Does that mean you get a pay raise and promotion?
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
good grief
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »
hehe what the stats fail to show is, the majority of my kills are kills of people who rate 600 or higher in general standing.

This guy just keeps topping himself :rofl  :aok

New patch, hockey playoffs, cold beer, and this riot.  Man, what a night :D :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
good grief
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2007, 07:17:36 PM »
Originally posted by doc1kelley
ROFLOL... Yeah HT could make a perk for "Ben Affleck" mode.  would bring in a bunch of the newbies.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1

Why does everybody keep talking about Ben Aflack?  My daughters think that Josh Hartnett is the good looking one, and he also took a B-25 of from a carrier.  And after all, he got to nail Kate Beckingsale(sp?), not Ben.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
good grief
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2007, 07:52:28 PM »

Dude...your kill average is less then .5, so what's this majority of kills you speak of?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song