« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2007, 09:26:23 AM »
This thread is INauspicious.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:20:12 AM by scottydawg »

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Adios
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2007, 11:16:47 AM »
Originally posted by OddCAF
Thankfully for us, you did however know where to end; which was, by the way, immediately after cobbling together a single sentence. Surely mister Bailey you are capable of better than that.

I am, but realizing that my text would  be "read" by the dimly comprehending eyes fo the original poster of said drivel, I chose not to waste my time.

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
Adios
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2007, 12:25:54 PM »
you just need to hang with your squadies more. The Arch Angels bunch always seemed to be pretty nice guys and some of em can put up a fight.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: lol
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2007, 12:31:09 PM »
Originally posted by AApache
:lol :lol

You trained me :lol  That's hilarious !!!  Trained me to do what boom and zoom runways in Lgay 7's :aok  

No, I said I helped train you and it was a little bit more than BnZ

That was the extent of your training for the full 10 minutes a week you would log on.

Hmmm, yes, though my wife had just given birth to our daughter who unfortunately was very poorly when she was born as she had numerous clinical birth defects, as I made the squad aware of, nice one trying to use that as a retort!

I am not the one who's 89thDoom I mean Boom squad went belly up

Actually, if I recall, you slandered me while I was away caring for my daughter and told the squad that I was flying under a shade account, giving their positions out to the enemy

and had to go groveling back to your old squad to get his spot back.

Wrong again, at least you're consitant in your errors, I asked, they accepted

You even had to change your name to avoid embarressment of failed squad

Errrr, no, I changed my name because my previous one was a squad affiliated name. You don't play for the Red Sox wearing a Yankee's shirt, do you? How many names you had so far Scorp?

Yes anyone is trainable

Yes, they are, to a degree.

and we give folks a chance.You seem to forget where you came from because when you started you to had to be trained.

Never said I didn't, in fact I have given props to those that trained me here and in other places many times, you however seem to have no such grace when it comes to remembering where you came from and who helped you get here.

So how would you have felt if no squad gave you a shot.

There's a point your trying to make here, I'm sure of it, yet I can't seem to fathom what it is.

You odviously couldn't cut it as a CO so i guess your lucky they took you back :lol  !!!

No, I obviously had more important things to attend to at the time, like an ill newborn - dealing with a backstabbing half-wit was not on my list of priorities. I don't actually see why you find that funny, it's pretty sick actually.

Get your facts in order before you open your trap sir

Ditto

You odviously have a problem with my squad still being up and running and actually growing as yours took a nose dive so you must regain some dignity by trying to belittle people.That's really genuine sir wtg.

I have no problem with your squad, I do however have an obvious problem with you. You talk of dignity and yet you knew full well the reason for my absence at that time in my AH career and yet you choose to come here and use that as some sort of put down, at least my belittlement showed a modicum of decency. That you troll the TA, take new members and show them no means of ACM, etiquette or provide an example of respect or appreciation for - again - where you came from and  who helped to get you where you are, is no problem for me. Have at it. It isn't me that suffers, it is them.

So, on behalf of myself and my daughter (who after 2 operations and on going medial intervention is doing very well, thank you for asking), wtg yourself!
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Hedworx

• Copper Member
Adios
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2007, 12:59:25 PM »
Well, after reading all of this, I only have one thing to say....

TinmanX, I'm glad to hear that your daughter is doing well.
"Shunter"

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Adios
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »
TinmanX,

You spent more time than I would have responding to the idiotic comments in this thread.

I hope things continue to be well with your daughter.  The 332nd has her and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2007, 01:22:12 PM »
WoW....I didn't read it all but I must say this; I didn't get REALLY bored until a couple years into AH & the newest release has piqued my interest again. If I would just put in some time learning good ACM I'd probably get bored to death....losing is what frustrates me into coming back :rofl

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »
Thanks guys.

I am sorry I even brought her into this. I haven't spoken about it to anyone before but my closest friends, of which I used to consider AApache one. The fact though that he decided to use my absence during that period as some sort of detrimental thing though made me pretty mad.

Elanor is fine. Her surgeries went very well. My family and I appreciate your positive thoughts on her behalf and again my apologies for taking those idiotic comments so personally.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2007, 01:34:29 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
The eny system is excellent! :)

I just wish it was implemented in real life so bar fights would be more fair!

:rofl  I could just see that; "hold on a minute there buddy!" - "You can't clock me with that pool cue when your buddy is involved....we have an ENY that limits you to fists until he leaves!"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Adios?
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2007, 01:41:17 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
Im tired of paying money to put up with crap like uncapturable bases, ENY, flawed collision and GV damage models, and the same GD squealing maps all the time.  Im gonna take a break and see if I still want to pay/play anymore after this tour.

My hats off to those who were my allies and friends.

See ya around.

Without reading ever post in the thread, here's my take on this.

For me it's never the game that is messed up.  It might however be me that's needing the break.

The real world throws stuff at ya that sometimes gets dragged into this unreal world of AH.  I find that when I notice my frustration showing in the game, it's generally directly connected to something outside of AH that I can't let go of.

Lets face it.  I think it's fair to say that many of us come in here to 'play' and being able to hop into our 22 year old, invincible fighter pilot can be a nice escape.  I know that old CorkyJr sure has been a nice place to hide at times as he is just that, a 22 year old fighter pilot, with a battered flight cap and jacket, with a hip flask full of his favorite spirits, and a cigarette dangling from his lip, wandering out to his battered P38 for another run.

Sadly, Dan, the 47 year old with the job, family, mortgage, car payments etc can sometimes sneak into Corky's world, and then it isn't as much fun cause that real world stuff can get old.

When that's the case,  Corky goes on leave until he's no longer suffering from battle fatigue so he can come back and enjoy the game.

So take a break, get your perspective back and remember that nothing in AH means a thing.  It's just a game, and it's as fun as you make it.  Oh...and no, AH isn't broken :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2007, 02:07:14 PM »
Corky

Never heard it said better. Should be mandatory reading for anyone who's ever had their blood pressure CLIMB when they play...

....and we know who we are.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 02:09:27 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline ddoug

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Adios
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2007, 03:00:37 PM »
I'll miss ya Olds.

I miss pretty much everything.

/will seriously miss ya

Offline -SR-

• Copper Member
Adios
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2007, 03:55:46 PM »
I quit.

I'm back.

-SR-

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2007, 03:57:43 PM »
I quit too.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2007, 03:58:25 PM »
Whew...the shakes got the better of me. I'm back.