Author Topic: Language,inappropriate text,kids online  (Read 7799 times)

Offline xBishsquaddie

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« on: May 18, 2007, 03:02:20 PM »
Imagine being at a public place and using this language and street-vocabulary while kids are around.   This language by adults in the presence of children (under age 18) is a problem.

The written and spoken language on local chat and squad channel is both immature and inappropriate.

Our Birds of Prey are totally out of control.  Falcnwng is talking about sex and body parts and Dystve is saying the F word in every other sentence. Or the discussions/references on getting stoned or drunk.

Even on this chat forum, this clown Karaya (who I understand is an adult) is cursing and carrying on with most of the posts.

If you don't think this a problem, ask VansCrew or Allied how old they are, not to mention the even younger "squeakers".

In this age of the internet, you are being recorded and screen shots are taken.  I word to the wise..... clean it up gents.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:15:03 PM by xBishsquaddie »

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 03:10:34 PM »
uh oh...
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 03:12:47 PM »
Opens up lawnchair, cracks a beer.  Hey at least I didn't have to bring an umbrella theres plenty of shade IN here already.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 03:13:15 PM »
Originally posted by xBishsquaddie
Imagine being at a public place and using this language and street-vocabulary while kids are around.   This language by adults in the presence of children (under age 18) is a problem.

The written and spoken language on local chat and squad channel is both immature and inappropriate.

Our Birds of Prey are totally out of control.  Falcnwng is talking about sex and body parts and Dystve is saying the F word in every other sentence.

Even on this chat forum, this clown Karaya (who I understand is an adult) is cursing and carrying on with most of the posts.  

If you don't think this a problem, ask VansCrew or Allied how old they are.

In this age of the internet, you are being recorded and screen shots are taken.  I word to the wise..... clean it up gents.

Imagine if there was some way of handling this with HTC.

Troll.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 03:14:39 PM »
Rule 19 - If you have a complaint please post in your real name not your shade account. Don't hide under the bridge come out and complain like a man.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:17:20 PM by Husky01 »
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline frosty

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:17:20 PM »

Or what?  What will happen?  You'll report them to the Department of Bad Language? :lol

I agree, people should watch their language though...not that I particularly care about raising other peoples' little squeekers, but for our own ears.

FWIW, there is a language filter built into the text channels in game.

Personally I think anyone under the age of 16 should be forced to fly in bright pink planes with big rainbow emblems so we know when a kid is around.  Until then, not to sound selfish (I do watch my language), but well, you know what they say about whose problem it is to raise kids...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:21:48 PM by frosty »

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 03:19:39 PM »
Falc is an MD..I'm sure that he broaches those subjects in a purely clinical way.

shamus

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:25:00 PM by Shamus »
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline pondo22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 03:20:03 PM »
Arse!

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 03:20:13 PM »

Our Birds of Prey are totally out of control.  Falcnwng is talking about sex and body parts and Dystve is saying the F word in every other sentence. Or the discussions/references on getting stoned or drunk.

If you don't think this a problem, ask VansCrew or Allied how old they are, not to mention the even younger "squeakers".

You, sir, are a member of the naivete. You think these kids are hearing/reading anything on here that they can't see on South Park? And 18? Are you kidding? I'd been chasing girls for 4 years by then. Pretty sure no conversations about sex could have shocked me at 14, and my (and my peers) grasp of profane language undoubtedly exceeded your own by then as well.

It's their parents' responsibility to look after what their kids are exposed to, not mine. I'll continue to talk about getting drunk, stoned, and laid. If that's a problem for the squeakers, perhaps their parents should take a look at what their kid is up to?

In conclusion, you and your shades BB's account can suck a fat one.
Army of Muppets

storch

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 03:21:49 PM »
I doubt falc would do that.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 03:22:47 PM »
Lol nice shade!  Btw,  the BoPs are an over 18 squad, so we don't have to worry about "younger" minds.  We can talk to each other on our squad channel however we so choose.  Don't like it?  Stay off our squad channel, you spying little tard.

Oh yeah, goyourself.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »
Well, squelch is always an option.  I can't say **** on this BBS because it gets scensored so I guess that is taken care of.

I see no need to circle the black helicopters and start recordINg

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 03:48:22 PM »

Keep taking screenshots.   I do NOT PM insults, nor go to Vox and insult someone.    I've been playing for 5 years and never have done it.   But I have been the recipient.   Also, which "posts" are you referring to?    Also record me, only channel I'll cuss on is the Squad channel.    :aok   If you think otherwise PM HTC the films.   But you cannot.   Why?   I don't cuss on Range channel.   I have a 5 year old that has listened to players cuss on range channel.  

What is funny about this whole thing is I know who you are.   :rofl :rofl

Looks like you aren't wise, eh?    But I and other's know this much, you need a life.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:51:57 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum

Funny thing about this whole thing, I know who you are.   :rofl :rofl

Sharing means caring!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 03:52:10 PM »
Oh come on now, we can't have a witch hunt without knowing who the witch is. Spill it!

:lol
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech