Author Topic: Language,inappropriate text,kids online  (Read 7801 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2007, 07:56:24 AM »
Originally posted by xBishsquaddie
Imagine being at a public place and using this language and street-vocabulary while kids are around.   This language by adults in the presence of children (under age 18) is a problem.

The written and spoken language on local chat and squad channel is both immature and inappropriate.

Our Birds of Prey are totally out of control.  Falcnwng is talking about sex and body parts and Dystve is saying the F word in every other sentence. Or the discussions/references on getting stoned or drunk.

Even on this chat forum, this clown Karaya (who I understand is an adult) is cursing and carrying on with most of the posts.

If you don't think this a problem, ask VansCrew or Allied how old they are, not to mention the even younger "squeakers".

In this age of the internet, you are being recorded and screen shots are taken.  I word to the wise..... clean it up gents.

very INteresting post...I hope you get some good replies.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Re: A bit off track
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2007, 02:18:38 PM »
The purpose of this post was not just the "cussing", but in fact the discussions about sex, body parts etc.  This level of discussion experienced on our BOPS channel is dangerous with young kids online.  Not all players are BOPS members that sit on our squad channel, i.e. BopBoy.

Again, I request that the leadership of this squad set the example and clean it up.

LOL this dude is obviously messing with you all. Best thing about the Internet is nobody can see you laugh typing in anticipation of people jumping in both feet first and taking ridiculous things like this seriously.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: A bit off track
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2007, 01:07:11 AM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
LOL this dude is obviously messing with you all. Best thing about the Internet is nobody can see you laugh typing in anticipation of people jumping in both feet first and taking ridiculous things like this seriously.

The bad thing Marine, is you are probably right, but I think he just lit the fire that a lot of people were waiting on. It's not just him that has said anything, only 1 smart/dumb enuff to do it thus far that I know of, but a lot of people are getting sick of the whines.

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2007, 02:47:26 AM »
My $00.02......
I have 2 young daughters, I try not to cuss around the house though some times they slide out (after all I am a human being stuck in this imperfect Earthly body).  While playing this GAME I for starters wear a head set, so that IF by chance something is said I am the only one to hear it.  For second, if I am playing with my girl on my knee I simply say "hey y'all my kids here." and people keep it "G" rated till I give the all clear.  Lastly the only words that really "offend" me are those that use the Lord's name in vain, and again all I have to do is ask nicely, and people stop and in most cases apologise.  So I guess what I am trying to say is use common sense, wear a head set and if something bothers you come out and ask nicely, do not jump straight to ".report".  If things are still unsatisfactory to you just leave that vox channel or mute the person.  So while I am amused at this threads length, fellas let us just take it upon ourselves to ignore the rantings of one malcontent whoom has an apparent hard on for someone in the BoP's leadership.  He is a coward hiding behind a shade account, not to mention the possability that this is a troll just to get a rise out of us all.
Ok, im done  :aok

Ps. good fishing with this thread there xbishwhatever, you got alot of nibbles. I hope your satisfied and reach your catch limit so the rest of us no longer have to deal with your "entertaining" yourself.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 02:51:03 AM by DaddyAck »

Offline Jazz1

• Zinc Member
      • http://jazzmansplace.com
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2007, 03:31:10 AM »
This seems to be centering around a "kids" thing, when it should just be a matter of common decency not to swear around other people who might find it offensive, whether on a sidewalk or in K-Mart or in our game.  The squad channel is private, the range channel is not. The later should be treated a little more gingerly. 'nuff said!

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2007, 04:50:52 AM »
Is that not what I said? :lol

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2007, 07:08:42 AM »
JAzz, you shop at K-Mart? is there even a K-Mart still open?

I would have thought Wal-Mart gobbled them all up.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2007, 08:25:40 AM »
Originally posted by DaddyAck
My $00.02......
I have 2 young daughters, I try not to cuss around the house though some times they slide out (after all I am a human being stuck in this imperfect Earthly body).  While playing this GAME I for starters wear a head set, so that IF by chance something is said I am the only one to hear it.  For second, if I am playing with my girl on my knee I simply say "hey y'all my kids here." and people keep it "G" rated till I give the all clear.  Lastly the only words that really "offend" me are those that use the Lord's name in vain, and again all I have to do is ask nicely, and people stop and in most cases apologise.  So I guess what I am trying to say is use common sense, wear a head set and if something bothers you come out and ask nicely, do not jump straight to ".report".  If things are still unsatisfactory to you just leave that vox channel or mute the person.  So while I am amused at this threads length, fellas let us just take it upon ourselves to ignore the rantings of one malcontent whoom has an apparent hard on for someone in the BoP's leadership.  He is a coward hiding behind a shade account, not to mention the possability that this is a troll just to get a rise out of us all.
Ok, im done  :aok

Ps. good fishing with this thread there xbishwhatever, you got alot of nibbles. I hope your satisfied and reach your catch limit so the rest of us no longer have to deal with your "entertaining" yourself.

Well said!!!!!!!!

A ray of light in a room full of dim bulbs!!!!

respectfully yours,

Boner:aok
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2007, 09:37:49 AM »
Originally posted by Jazz1
This seems to be centering around a "kids" thing, when it should just be a matter of common decency not to swear around other people who might find it offensive, whether on a sidewalk or in K-Mart or in our game.  The squad channel is private, the range channel is not. The later should be treated a little more gingerly. 'nuff said!

This thread was NOT about the range channel, but a channel that has long been inhabited by a certain large squadron.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Jazz1

• Zinc Member
      • http://jazzmansplace.com
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2007, 01:13:47 PM »
This thread was NOT about the range channel, but a channel that has long been inhabited by a certain large squadron.    All the Best...  Jay  awDoc1

Sorry, I didn't realize that.  But if it's a squad channel, why not let them take care of their own, through proper squad protocal? What do the rest of us care what is happening on a channel we are not listening to. Am I still missing the point?  And if so, point me to the thread where I can complain about excessive swearing on the range cannel.  

Offline Arkada

• Zinc Member
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »
Wow I just found this thread and got a good laugh out of reading 7 pages of posts about foul language in aces High.

Well I couldn't help but volunteer my 2 cents.

First of a few of the facts.
1 - I am a BOP and proud of it.
2 - I don't curse or use bad language (At least I try not to, maybe I've slipped up once a month at most.)
3 - I don't approve of my kids hearing bad language and don't approve of them using bad language.
4 - My family has currently 5 online game accounts that contain voice chat and my kids play on some of those accounts.  As a responsible parent I am aware what guilds, groups & channels my kids join.  As a responsible parent and family we monitor and control what we expose our selves and our Kids to.
5 - I have 4 daughters.

Now regarding the context of this thread.
#1 Range VOX : Now In aces high I witnessed people regularly ask people to keep Range VOX to a respectable level.  This includes not only cursing but general chitchat as well.  Particularly in a battle area.  Bad language is seldom herd on the Range Vox and when it is, usually someone asks the guilty party to be more careful and I've never heard anyone refuse to comply with such a request on the range channel.
#2 BOPS & their channel : Well there is not defending the language herd on the BOP channel.  It is at times at a level that I would personally prefer it not be but I'm an adult and I make the choice to be on that channel.   As for my kids, I make sure I have my headphones on any time I'm tuned into BOP channels.  And I'd never let my Kids join a channel like the BOP's channel & or squad.  Now as for any parent who does allow their kids to join a squad or channel like BOP's I think you as a parent , ... , well actually I'm not going to pass judgment on any parent as far as what they allow or don't allow their kids to do or participate in.  But what I do say is this.  If you don't know what your kids are doing then you’re not a fully responsible parent.  Especially if you don't know what your kids are paying to participate in.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 01:29:54 PM by Arkada »

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Re: A bit off track
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2007, 06:29:59 PM »
The purpose of this post was not just the "cussing", but in fact the discussions about sex, body parts etc.  This level of discussion experienced on our BOPS channel is dangerous with young kids online.  Not all players are BOPS members that sit on our squad channel, i.e. BopBoy.

Again, I request that the leadership of this squad set the example and clean it up.

your just some punk,thinking your cool,calling people out,in reality more people hate you.good job making your self look like a will... jackazz to put it in a good way,it's a game if you can get upset about a GAME,you need to go see dr.phill,did you not get a red rider BB gun for your birthday or somthing?

get over yourself.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:41:35 PM by VansCrew1 »
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Re: Re: A bit off track
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2007, 07:10:09 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
your just some punk,thinking your cool,calling people out,in reality more people hate you.good job making your self look like a will... jackazz to put it in a good way,it's a game if you can get upset about a GAME,you need to go see dr.phill,did you not get a red rider BB gun for your birthday or somthing?

get over yourself.

Ok then:noid
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2007, 08:43:51 PM »
Originally posted by 1Boner
Well said!!!!!!!!

A ray of light in a room full of dim bulbs!!!!

respectfully yours,

Boner:aok

Thanks bone :D

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2007, 10:12:01 PM »
The only channel a squad can call theirs is the "4 Squad" channel.
A numbered channel a squad chooses to use, whatever the size of that squad, is not theirs.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54