Author Topic: Th course of British Society in the future  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Th course of British Society in the future
« on: June 13, 2007, 02:46:20 PM »
I am here to enlighten into the liberal devolpment within britain and i am very keen to have a listen to what the situation is like in the U.S. compared to what i will explain in a moment.

Wether any fellow brits within the BB's will back my opinions here up im not sure, they may appear a bit to far right to some, who knows.

I feel very strongly that Britain is losing it's Britishness to immigration, civil rights and health& gone over board.

More than 50% of a GCSE Students course is based on Islam and Hinduism, the other 45% or so on social issues, What happened to christianity, The LARGEST religion in the world and the LARGEST in britain and its remaining colonies. Labour seems to have brought a new tide of 'soscial equalities; init bruv ' and we seem to be bending over backwards for refugee's, immigrants; legal and ILLEGAL, and  people of other nationalities. I think its is a disgrace the number of papers and bussiness documents that are now translated into languages like polish and arabic because the people who have come to live in OUR country have not been bothered to learn OUR language on such a large scale.

I find it an utter disgrace that i was forced to spend 3 x 1 hour lessons learning about the  islamic idea of 'ji-had' It almost makes me feel sick that we spent (wasted) this much time on the subject which has cost the lives of so many innocent lives across the globe just so we appaer politically correct, this is while a saudi arabian funded college in north london uses text-books containg scripture heckling jews and christians, and i quote " the Christians are the pigs and Jews are the Devil" It makes my guts wrench, we give these people the right to live in our country to teach this utter crap and tripe in text books to young islamic students. I know what i would do to the editor and the headteacher, pay for a flight to take them back to whereever they came from and to never return.

Don't forget some of these people and languages are from countries of which thier leader speaks of the holocaust as a myth and does not accept the legitimacy of the state of Israel and that it "should be wiped off the map".

It appears that Tony blair and his goverment feels ridiculously scared to upset a minority and has forgotten some of the more British values. We now have a society which is full of stabbings and gun crime, and the rate of it is climbing. Britain was once the best place in the world, with the best people and a leader on the world stage, we as a nation used to stand up to anything , anysize in order to protect our humble islands, now we cower away from the threat of pathetic law suits.

I repeatedly see in the news, anti-white injustices, here is an example. About a year ago there was white man sitting on a bus with his girl friend. A black teenager  was throwing chips at them continually after repeated requests to stop, so the Man who was with his girl friend went over to him and asked him face to face to please stop it, what happened next was a tradegy, the teenager took out a knife and stabbed him repeatedly in the chest. There was not much really thought of the issue.

less than a week later a white youth stabbed  and seriously injured a black youth in a night club after an arguement over a girl. There was absoloute uproar within the press, the white youth was heckled as racist and mauled with negative comments.

I am by no means trying to stand up for anyone who commits a crime but, notice the difference in attitude, a black youth stabs a man because he asked him to stop throwing chips at them, nothing was said, i believe out of fear, people seem to be scared of criticising any non-white person due to fear of the 'race-card.' yet when its a white man, o yes out come the mouths and now its a dreadful thing( yes it is but can you see my point?)

I am by no means in favour of the BNP or racism. But when i see things like this i feel compelled to raise an eyebrow or too. It seems in britain we seem scared to upset the people who are here only on our(the governments and electorates) allowance. More and more anscestoraly british people are leaving and now cities like liecester and birmingham are over 50% black. White people are now becoming a minority in places which are their traditionally homeland.

For god's sake we offer councelling for children who are told they are wrong in class and make children playing conkers wear frigging safety googles for christ's sake.

Has something gone wrong here? i ask myself.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 03:13:51 PM by Laurie »

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:22:53 PM »
Christianity is only the largest religion in the world in terms of revenue.  Scientology may eclipse them in the future, but that doesn't count as a religion an more than any other literary genre.  

If you don't understand the merits of a liberal arts education, drop out.  If you need the benefit of learning about other ways of life explained to you I'm not sure how you got into college.  Education is supposed to challenge your beliefs, and to challenge you to defend them.

If you don't recognize why its important to study one's enemy and their methods, please stay away from conflict.  If you had paid attention in class, you would know that a true conception of Jihad is much more complicated than, 'kill all non Muslims'.  You might find out that there are many secular Muslims that are as aghast at intolerant theological teaching as you claim to be.

"White people are now becoming a minority in places which are their traditionally homeland."

If someone is black and born in Britain, is it not their homeland?  It's really more about how they themselves choose to identify.  If they want to call themselves British, who are you to tell them the aren't?  As long as they eat porridge, drink warm beer, ascribe to democratic monarchism and complain about things with a snooty accent, don't they fit the bill?  

The truth:  They wouldn't be there, and Britain wouldn't be half the economy that it is, if not for Britain's own bastardly treatment of the world in years past.  You are grappling with the legacy of your own country's actions, much as the US is now.  I always find it funny when Europeans say, "OMG look at all the black people around me!"  I don't care if they're pink with purple polka dots, they're still people.  

Welcome to the 21st century.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 06:43:35 PM »
i largely agree with laurie on some of his points, there is definitely an inverse racism in our country.

i myself am very liberal on some issues, but quite far right on some of the issues mentioned. i hate racism, which means i really can't stand political correctness. people have forgotten what it means to be british. there are no more manners, no more dignity, much of britain is a total disgrace atm.

the sad thing is, all our politicians are USELESS. the only ones who really stand up for britain are all out nazi wankstains. the others are all about trying to please everyone.

it's a tough issue, but i really feel you on some points laurie. round my house EVERY other shop is a halal butcher or some other shop with an only-arabic banner. i love london's multiculturalism, but when you get outright rude somalian women in supermarkets, who scrounge off benefits, and who's somalian rudeboy sons mug 5-10 people each night, what the f*ck are we meant to do? it's about time someone really stood up for this country. right now we're a pack of idiots following the words of even bigger idiot politicians...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

storch

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 06:50:26 PM »
not to mention abyssmal spelling and punctuation practices.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 09:03:24 AM »
glad some of you brits are getting fed up..  I had about given up on the whole damn little island.

lazs

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 09:40:59 AM »
Frankly, when you do a course called Religious Studies, it is a bit foolish to expect there to be only a little time spent on other religions. Islam and Hinduism are huge religions.

BTW, I did GCSE Religious Studies in 1994 and it sounds like the sylabus was pretty much the same. Does that mean Britain was slipping into the abyss back then too? Was it more liberal then? Remember a Conservative government was in power.

I enjoyed the course - ignorance is never something to be proud of, and I like learning about new perspectives.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 10:10:19 AM »
Laurie, you hurt your own argument when you mix race with Britishness. The point is not if an immigrant is black or arab, he can't change that - it's if he is british, adopts british culture and state laws. In many cases, they don't and form "little Pakistan", "little Lebanon" or what-have-you neiborhoods in the cities that eventually transform it. If they want to change instead of integrate, that if when the problem begins.

As for the studies, you probably know more than enough about cristianity and your british history. University is the place to learn things that are not about yourself and broaden your knowledge. This is not preaching, this is education. In a British-cristian country it makes much sense that the universities offer more courses about other religions/cultures.

Last point, when you speak of British values and tradition. While I value british culture above almost all others, you need to keep in mind that Britain was the most hated power in the world for most of the last few centuries (save a few years when Germany held the title). This is usually a surprise for most brits because they really don't think of themselves that way, but just check what was going on in your colonies even well into the 20th century. The "world" is not just white people by the way, far from it.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 10:11:19 AM »
Has something gone wrong here?

The solution is quite simple...  Have more babies...  

so for god and country get 'busy' with your wife and do your part to help out....

then do "it" again, and again, and again, and again...

:D

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »
Welcome to the poitical correctness disaster that the liberals created.
Dangerous people like 68hawk will belittle you as they look down their noses with their "progressive" attitude.

The 68Hawk's of the world may very well have won.  I fear that we have seen the peak of humanity and that radical islam will drag us back into a world of violence and prejudice on a worldwide scale.

Notice 68hawk didn't discuss the white/black stabbings as it doesn't fit his agenda.  Then he describes a black person attempting to assimilate into your country but he ignores that many immigrants refuse to do so. They want to change the country to their way of life, they care nothing for the their new home country's traditions or values and you are labeled a racist if you suggest they assimilate.  For examples of this, look at the Mexican flag waving invaders in the US.

As 68hawk said, welcome to the 21st century.  Enjoy the prosperity whilst you can. In another few generations, barring a huge shift in the political climate, world economic depression and spreading dominance of a religion stuck in the 5th century will be the norm. The leftists must be very pleased indeed.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 11:46:28 AM »
Originally posted by bozon

it's if he is british, adopts british culture and state laws.

The thing is they arent.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 11:48:06 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Frankly, when you do a course called Religious Studies, it is a bit foolish to expect there to be only a little time spent on other religions. Islam and Hinduism are huge religions.

I didnt have a choice wether or not to do it, it is compulsory at my school.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 11:49:05 AM »
Originally posted by storch
not to mention abyssmal spelling and punctuation practices.

Anything constructie now? or do you spend your life watching countdown storch?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
Anything constructie now? or do you spend your life watching countdown storch?

You missed an opportunity to point out that his post begins with a gramatical error.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 12:31:25 PM »
Originally posted by 68Hawk If you don't understand the merits of a liberal arts education, drop out.  If you need the benefit of learning about other ways of life explained to you I'm not sure how you got into college.  Education is supposed to challenge your beliefs, and to challenge you to defend them.[/B]

Actually, there was a time not long ago that what you write Hawk was not so.

A liberal arts education was thought to be the foundation of entering into a discussion about important things that has been going on in the west since Plato.

Cardinal Newman's lectures, "The Idea of a University" (http://www.amazon.com/Idea-University-Illustrated-Discourses-Occasional/dp/0268011508) is in direct opposition to Huxley's "Scientific Education," during the 19th century and later Dewey's practical education in this country's last century.

What counts as a practical education or even a pseudo-scientific one (excluding the hard sciences some) has won the day.  A bulwark of that point of view is the very recent changes in this country and elsewhere around the world that can fall under the general heading of "cultural relativisim."

Equality of people, equality of ideas, equality of manners etc . . ..  Or at least that's the general drift.

It's an awful hodgepodge of falsehoods that has become a tool for those whose main object is to remove the underpinnings of western civilization.  One of the best things written about it can be found in some printings of C. S. Lewis The Screwtape Letters in that book's final piece titled Screwtape Holds A Banquet.  There Lewis exposes how damaging and false a misguided notion of "democracy" can be when it comes to education.

Proper education most certainly is NOT intended to challenge one's beliefs.  It's purpose is to train one to live and do rightly.

Of course, if you trot that out on 98% of the colleges in America, you'll be hooted out of the place.

Nonetheless, what I right is true: to train one to live and do rightly.  Pity it's been fouled up.

Here's an example of the results of a "faux-education."  That is what is in reality a decidedly NON-liberal education passing as "liberal education"  The essay is short, and will be of interest to many who post.

http://www.theamericancause.org/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 01:03:44 PM by Hap »

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 12:57:19 PM »
didnt have a choice wether or not to do it, it is compulsory at my school.

It was compulsory at my school too. I think that's a good thing.

Either way, my point still stands. I remember there was alot of other things covered too - like the Civil Rights movement, Gandhi and King. I think those are pretty important historical events to learn about in themselves.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.