Author Topic: Th course of British Society in the future  (Read 4678 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Th course of British Society in the future
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2007, 09:10:32 AM »
no... I think they would give up after I shot the first dozen of so drunks.

lazs

Offline expat

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2007, 11:06:46 PM »
yawn
goggles on ,chocks away, last one backs a homo  hooraaaaaaaaay!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2007, 09:43:12 AM »
Oh... I'm sorry.. am I boring you?    ya see, when my great grandfather brought my grandfather here.. they embraced the new country.. why come here if you don't?

My grandfather was punished if he spoke with an accent.  His son and daughters and grandkids grew up with America and guns and movies and disneyland and los angles of the 40's and 50's.

We never thought about bonfires or burning people at the stake or clans of any of that crap.. we embraced the firearm as something to protect us and ours.

soooo... it is only natural that when the torch bearing barbarians come calling we send them home on pallets with bullet wounds.

Which brings us full circle... I am not a scot.   I am an American... as was my dad and my grandfather.   We may have added to this culture but we did not live apart from it.

they felt... as I feel that the things about me that are from scotland are nice to go to a scottish games day at the fair or talk about with family or whatever but just a curiosity... not who we are... who we are is Americans.  

Americans have guns and don't talk with funny accents (except for easterners who have very annoying accents).

What we have done is what you want your "immigrants" to do now.   I personaly think that they picked the wrong country but hey.. they are there.. they should assimilate.

lazs

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »
Originally posted by Hazzer
We had a referendum in 1975.:aok :aok

And The Labour government promised us one in the early 21st century:aok

Yes the government in which Gordon Brown was a pivotal part of and had more influence in than most;).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 12:50:43 PM by Laurie »

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2007, 01:00:28 PM »
Originally posted by Whisky58
Of course I'm referring to WW2 - how many 4+ year long wars do you think my dad could possibly have been in?

Vietnam,
Korea(give or take 6 months or so.)

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
Vietnam,
Korea(give or take 6 months or so.)

How many British servicemen were there in Vietnam?

Korean war was 1950-53.

Regards
Whisky

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2007, 10:54:09 AM »
Originally posted by Whisky58
How many British servicemen were there in Vietnam?

Korean war was 1950-53.

Regards

yes i know, 'give or take 6 months or so'

you never told me your father was british.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2007, 10:56:40 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Oh... I'm sorry.. am I boring you?    ya see, when my great grandfather brought my grandfather here.. they embraced the new country.. why come here if you don't?

My grandfather was punished if he spoke with an accent.  His son and daughters and grandkids grew up with America and guns and movies and disneyland and los angles of the 40's and 50's.

We never thought about bonfires or burning people at the stake or clans of any of that crap.. we embraced the firearm as something to protect us and ours.

soooo... it is only natural that when the torch bearing barbarians come calling we send them home on pallets with bullet wounds.

Which brings us full circle... I am not a scot.   I am an American... as was my dad and my grandfather.   We may have added to this culture but we did not live apart from it.

they felt... as I feel that the things about me that are from scotland are nice to go to a scottish games day at the fair or talk about with family or whatever but just a curiosity... not who we are... who we are is Americans.  

Americans have guns and don't talk with funny accents (except for easterners who have very annoying accents).

What we have done is what you want your "immigrants" to do now.   I personaly think that they picked the wrong country but hey.. they are there.. they should assimilate.

lazs

All the true 'True Americans' are long gone and dead at the hands of your new "American" race. :aok

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2007, 11:04:11 AM »
All the true 'True Americans' are long gone and dead at the hands of your new "American" race. :aok

explain please.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
explain please.

The Native Americans, sometimes known as Red Indians.

You know the ones almost totally wiped out through turkey shoots of cowboys i believe.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2007, 01:53:27 PM »
Ah, I see Laurie graduate from the Hollywood School of American Studies. Well done, chap!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Are you frikkin kidding me on this?  No way...

:lol

:noid

Nope sir, in state nursery school, a parent of a child with black skin complained as she found the traditional nursery rhyme

'Baa baa Black sheep'

To be racially discriminative and derogatory so now all teachers are advised by the government to use baa baa blue sheep,

to avoid any potential law suits.

I mean com-on, not even hazzer or whisky can be in favour of this sorta nonsensical BS surely?

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2007, 01:57:04 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Ah, I see Laurie graduate from the Hollywood School of American Studies. Well done, chap!

Please enlighten me on the meaning of this term?

I am not from around your parts.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2007, 02:12:02 PM »

I am not from around your parts.

obviously.

google "Navajo nation".

"The Navajo Nation (Dine'é in Navajo language) is a Native American sovereignty. The Navajo Reservation covers about 27,000 square miles (70,000 square kilometres, 17 million acres) of land, occupying all of northeastern Arizona, and extending into Utah and New Mexico, and is the largest land area assigned primarily to a Native American jurisdiction within the United States. Members of the nation are often known as Navajo (or Navaho) but traditionally call themselves Diné (sometimes spelled in English as Dineh) which means people.

The 2000 census reported 298,215 Navajo people living throughout the United States, of which 173,987 were living within the Navajo Nation boundaries. 131,166 lived in Arizona and 17,512 of these lived in Maricopa County, which includes the city of Phoenix. Because the Navajo Nation encompasses land in three states, its Division of Economic Development extracts census data for the Navajo Nation as a whole, and sends a representative to the Census Board. Another group lives on the Colorado River Indian Tribes reservation along the Colorado River in California and Arizona."

hardly "wiped out"

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2007, 03:42:14 PM »
Nope sir, in state nursery school, a parent of a child with black skin complained as she found the traditional nursery rhyme

'Baa baa Black sheep'

To be racially discriminative and derogatory so now all teachers are advised by the government to use baa baa blue sheep,

to avoid any potential law suits.

I mean com-on, not even hazzer or whisky can be in favour of this sorta nonsensical BS surely?

LOL - cheap shot mate.  Read my posts carefully Laurie, especially the two where I state clearly how I dislike the hypocracy towards racial issues that is endemic in many British institutions, & that includes education, at present. If you're struggling with any of the long words, ask an adult.

I agree, this is total bs.  However, in my innocent youth "gollywogs" and "The Black & White Minstrel Show" were the norm and I think most reasonable people would consider them offensive now.

The lefty, do-gooders with beards and cardies who propagate this sort of nonsense need an injection of common sense & a slap around the face to make them realise that by pandering to this rubbish they not only irritate decent folk but also give the unpleasant little fascists in our society more propaganda to fuel their perverse ideologies.

I've worked with many black, brown and yellow skinned colleagues over the years and I'm certain that they would laugh and shake their heads in disbelief at the thought that anyone could consider Baa, baa, black sheep to be anything other than a benign nursery rhyme.

Regards.
Whisky