Author Topic: No Honor  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
No Honor
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2007, 05:42:50 PM »
i hate it when ur comin back from a bombin run with ur formation and some1 kills u
or u say blackout and everyone jumps on u
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2007, 07:57:39 PM »
I've been reading these posts and thinking about it and I would have tried to make a run for home as you did but failing that by all means I would have fought.

I sometimes keep fighting even when I'm bingo ammo.  It's better to be offensive than defensive and maybe I can distract an opponent for someone else, drag one for them, or at least look for my opportunity to exit while I control the tempo of the fight.

I've also scored kills as a glider on several occasions (had a beauty in a A6M-2 against a FW190-A5 in EW a few weeks ago).  Oil on the windscreen is nothing.

BTW, I posted in the AC forum last week, I was fighting in a Yak-9U after losing 1 aileron, 1 flap, 1 gun, 1 fuel tank and my rudder to a C-Hog.  Home field was nerby so I could have landed at any time and eventually did but why land when you can still fly and fight?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
No Honor
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2007, 09:37:27 AM »
I have read posts from both sides....Let a dying bird go or hose him.  To be honest I have changed my thinking.  If I see a dying bird and follow him/her I will not ACM unless he turns into me.  Then all bets are off.  Ill be on 200 guys just waiting to be hosed.

Jugman.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2007, 09:51:40 AM »
play the game however you want, just remember, its a war game, and if you get killed, well.....its your own damned fault :rolleyes:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
No Honor
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2007, 05:30:08 PM »
Knegel

Only my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion and I respect it.  I have sat at my Grandpops side as he was telling some gruesome stories of guys trying to limp back in their burning planes.  One instance was a defenseless Jug on fire returning to a base in England.  They were both jumped by a trio of 109's.  The Jug pilot had no guns left and the plane was in no shape to fight.  My Grandpop downed one and damaged one.  The wounded Jug exploded as cannon entered the cockpit.  Did theGerman Pilot have it in his mind to put a guy out of his misery.  Maybe he did or didnt.  My Grandpop definitely did not think so.  When I have a little time I will break out the diaries he wrote in.  
Knegel [/B][/QUOTE]

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2007, 05:34:20 PM »
Originally posted by P47Gra
Knegel

Only my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion and I respect it.  I have sat at my Grandpops side as he was telling some gruesome stories of guys trying to limp back in their burning planes.  One instance was a defenseless Jug on fire returning to a base in England.  They were both jumped by a trio of 109's.  The Jug pilot had no guns left and the plane was in no shape to fight.  My Grandpop downed one and damaged one.  The wounded Jug exploded as cannon entered the cockpit.  Did theGerman Pilot have it in his mind to put a guy out of his misery.  Maybe he did or didnt.  My Grandpop definitely did not think so.  When I have a little time I will break out the diaries he wrote in.  
Knegel
[/B][/QUOTE]
Sorry to say my mind, but I find your story highly suspect!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
No Honor
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
if you ask me, which you don't, i would say that the very biggest problem with our community is long term players setting a poor example for the newer guys. A lot of the damage has been done on this forum and almost all of us are responsible for what we turned this game into now, and what we make of it in the future.

Never a truer word said........rep what you sow lads.  

I ain't no saint in this matter being like curdled milk to some of the blue fungus we have growing in the game and these very boards.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
No Honor
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »
First, I have a real hard time considering shooting down any plane that's still has wings and a tail - or is still firing - as ever being "dishonorable", regardless of how it might be previously damaged and by whom. (As long as it's not a threat to anyone -  I ran into the exception to that the other night. A plane saddled up on a countrymate lost 1/2 a wing to one of us trying to clear him, but continues to try like mad to get a kill shot in.)  And if it's my kill I reserve the right to continue to fire on you long after you should be dead to make sure.

Second, if I let you go it's usually because I don't consider the reward for chasing you down worth the risk.  I play the game to RTB as much as possible, because to me that just seems "real".  Don't consider it respect  - I don't know any of you well enough to let you go out of respect (maybe some day).   Don't expect to reach me on CH 200, either -  it's usually so infantile I don't have it tuned most of the time.

Thirdly, "an old "Pro" shot someone down when they had the opportunity to" = "community going to pot" is pretty ludicrous.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue