Author Topic: No Honor  (Read 3436 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »
Originally posted by halcyon
First off, takes two to HO.  

You are a moron!  Apparently, you don't know you are a moron, so you continue typing moronic statements like this one here in the BBS.  Shut it, HO twit!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
No Honor
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2007, 02:59:05 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
You are a moron!  Apparently, you don't know you are a moron, so you continue typing moronic statements like this one here in the BBS.  Shut it, HO twit!:aok

I squelch you in the game, and apparently I also have to do it on the forums.
Why are you such a ******* anyway?

All the trash talking gets old real quick and just makes you look immature and a jerk.
But please...continue making yourself look bad.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2007, 03:54:43 PM »

All the trash talking gets old real quick

.....and so do moronic statements like, "It takes two to HO!"  Oh, and by the way.......................... .......read the sig, then read the avatar!!!:aok

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2007, 04:22:39 PM »
it takes two to fly head on at each other.

it can only take 1 to fire the head on shot.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2007, 04:28:45 PM »
stop playing BS with the HO shot.  The HO shot is a absolutely LEGITIMATE shot, and takes skill to both apply and avoid.

What is total contemptable BS is the HO Rammer.  Rather than avoid the collision, this idiot wants it, and enjoys doiing his part in ruining the game.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
No Honor
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »
If you're looking for honor, you're playing the wrong game. I learned a long time ago that most people want the kill, even if it means dying themselves. There have been times that I have flown 100 miles behind the lines to land a wounded set of bombers, only to have a P51, who tailed me with droptanks, to swoop in and kill me as I'm on final. People in this game give no quarter and honestly you shouldn't expect it. Just fly and have fun, yeah it sucks to get shot down and it sucks even more to get shot down in really lame ways but oh well, it's a game. Have fun.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
No Honor
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Nah, it was TB and the guy I colided with.  I have the feeling I was chaced because the colision gave up my name  

huh? why bring me into this?
ive let several pilots rtb after ive killed their eng
but it depends on the person if its 1 on 1 ill let u go and hope you die ditching
if you gang me and if i can ill kill everylast one of you
but thats me ive gotten serveral salutes for letting wounded birds go
also if i know its someone i like and they have a target already ill let him fight it out fair unless he shoots at me ....then i i take off my gloves
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
No Honor
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007, 04:48:57 PM »
Someone else already mentioned it, but i'll say it too: Honor in some pilots does exist, but you can never expect it. Let people off the hook if you really want to and you think they've deserved it somehow, but NEVER expect someone to do it to you.

IMO, letting someone off the hook gives them an opportunity to become a threat to you again. Once you have someone on the rocks, only a sentimental fool lets them go. Of course if they can not be a threat once you let em go, eg they're on fire or engine stopped etc, then thats a different mattter and letting them go/ditch becomes an option if you really want. A smoke trail just means you didnt do your job properly.

It seems you bought this situation on yourself anyway. You go into a hot zone, out-numbered, out-E'd, and get tagged then turn tail and try escape and fail. Not to mention how you got tagged. I never understand the people who say 'i wont fire on a HO if they arent firing'. Thats just weird. Firstly, most of the time its over too fast to make those sort of decisions - if you see them firing, you've left it too late to retaliate anyways, so you've opened yourself up to getting hit with nothing to show for it. Secondly, some people (like me) fly with tracers off, so you wont see it anyways. Thirdly, why the hang are you flying straight at another aircraft till you pass HO anyway??? You're giving up valuable maneuvering time. When i see these "cold-merger" types in the MA, i give em a good squirt as they fly by. It aint the DA, we aint dueling. If you don't defend yourself at all times, then you're asking for it, IMO.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 04:51:06 PM by Spatula »
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2007, 05:16:30 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
The HO shot is a absolutely LEGITIMATE shot,  

Legitimate shot for cheapshot morons!  This is a game, if you want to fly through HOing everything like a moron, then don't come in here and claim legitimacy!   Maybe if this were real life and death war, then kill the guy anyway you want to, but this is a dogfighting game, and HOing is a cheapshot tactic in a 1 vs 1!  If you're outnumbered, then by all means HO away, but 1 vs 1, it's cheap!!  Maybe you and Halycon, can get together for some lunch???  

:aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: NOT DIRECTED AT FUGITIVE
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007, 06:15:10 PM »
Originally posted by Platano
I dont understand all this cacamania talk about Honor and Respect and wat nots in a game :huh :confused: :huh

Just last night I uped from a field in a 109g2 with a lone k4 and 110 strafing the town... I knew the k4 was a clueless tyke cuz hes strafing buildings in a k4...ok so Boom he's dead...the 110 is on autoclimb about 1k on top of me, probably afk. So I hit the WEP making my DB605 scream for all she could climbing up to this 110 and some other friendly comes on vox and says "hey plat, I think the 110's afk, you gonna shoot em down?" I'm like Hell yea. Then he's like "ok but there no honor in it"

In my head im like and? so wat. I can give two chits if he's AFK or not.

Honor? Pffttt... PUH-leeeze...

Oh BTW the 110 went boom-boom too :aok

that wasn't a lack of honor on your part.....it was a lack of intelligence on HIS part.......who the heeeelllll goes afk in a combat zone???????????:O
he deserved it!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2007, 07:16:23 PM »
I remember those "days of honor" from AW where a bingo call got you a free ride home.  What the H*** were we thinking?

Where do you draw the line of honor?  What about playing at a disadvantage?  Alt, speed or unmatched planes?

Spits to the left, Yaks to the right, spin your partner dosey doe.  Yehaw!

Times have changed.  I'll kill anything I can get a shot on short of kill-stealing.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
No Honor
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2007, 07:28:42 PM »
First off, takes two to HO.  

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt, wrong answer.  Takes two to merge, one to HO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
No Honor
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2007, 07:30:39 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt, wrong answer.  Takes two to merge, one to HO.

I try to stay out of my enemies gun arc at all time. If I merge head -on, it's my own fault gettin shot down.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
No Honor
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2007, 07:43:26 PM »
It depends, if the guy put up a good fight and I know he's out of ammo I sometimes let him run. Just depends if the guy tried to HO me or play dirty. If he was a good honest fight I'll let him go. If he tried to HO me, then I'll chase him all the way back to his base..lol
"strafing"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2007, 07:49:14 PM »
Originally posted by TwinBoom
huh? why bring me into this?
ive let several pilots rtb after ive killed their eng
but it depends on the person if its 1 on 1 ill let u go and hope you die ditching
if you gang me and if i can ill kill everylast one of you
but thats me ive gotten serveral salutes for letting wounded birds go
also if i know its someone i like and they have a target already ill let him fight it out fair unless he shoots at me ....then i i take off my gloves

lol. Tbaron foo, not you. It was more of them sain hello to me the same way I would have said hello to them hehehe.  Its part of the fun
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.