Author Topic: No Honor  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
No Honor
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
Originally posted by Max
I read your post to my dog. She went back to sleep. Thanks for sharing.

:rofl
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Kami

• Zinc Member
No Honor
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2007, 09:57:29 PM »
im new to this game but i must admit that letting someone "bingo" out of a fight is retarded.  Mind you, I haven't had someone do this to me but have been on the short end of this stick quite a few times already.  It seemed like a simple enough reason for me:  If I cannot properly ration my fuel or ammo to get me into a fight, throught the fight, and back home, then I need to rethink my calculations and this lesson will be drilled into me with countless deaths until I learn.   Plain as day, this isn't a FPS, you have to focus on the big picture, not just one fight at a time.  As for losing oil, so what.  Now that sounds like a good way to learn something new.  Limited visiblility with time being scarce.  Talk about a good training session.  Just my 2 cents.

BTW thnx to all the vets that have given me little pointers here and there and in these forums.

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
No Honor
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2007, 11:17:26 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt, wrong answer.  Takes two to merge, one to HO.

HO = Head On
Whether or not you fire your guns is up to you. So yes, it takes two for a head on.

And SkyRock, you personally can't make me angry on a forum or the video game just to let you know. Second, I never said I HO'd...you're the one that automatically assumed I did.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2007, 01:14:32 AM »
Originally posted by halcyon
HO = Head On
Whether or not you fire your guns is up to you. So yes, it takes two for a head on.

And SkyRock, you personally can't make me angry on a forum or the video game just to let you know. Second, I never said I HO'd...you're the one that automatically assumed I did.

HO=cheap shot, in this game!!!!!!!!  now if you want to get technical, HO really means Head On, but we here in this game refer to the word HO, as a cheap shot taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Knegel

• Nickel Member
No Honor
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2007, 01:25:01 AM »
1. What is not honourable in a HO?? Is there something more honourable than giving you the possibility to kill him as well??  If you dont want the HO, simply avoid it, nothing is more easy than that.

2. A smoking planes is absolut combat worthy, specialy a Jug, which can fly very long with a smoking engine.

3. Why you didnt bail??? Its absolut ok to save you live by bailing and it would be absolut not honourable, if he would kill you at the chute.

4. Its absolut not honourable to expect from others(cry for mercy) to let you go as long as your plane is combat worthy. A lost elevator or aleron is a bigger handycap than a just smoked engine.

If your engine was shut out by someone else, or if someone else shot off a wingtip, then imho its not honourable to shoot the other plane down(in most situation i let such guys go).
Or if a plane, damaged by me, is to low for bailing out and obvious wanna ditch, its hounorable to let him do it and dishonourable to shoot him down.
If it was a long "close edge fight" its hobourable to let the damaged enemy go home as price for the great fight.

But its not dishonourable to shoot down a damaged but fully combat worthy plane with a for mercy crying pilot in it, of course its also not very honourable, its simply a thing needed to be done, otherwise the chat will fill up with "mercy cry´s" only cause the graphic show a hole in the wing.

No all things that dont add to the honour are dishonourable!!

Greetings,

Knegel

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
No Honor
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2007, 01:48:59 AM »
I don't mean to be argumentative, but the first thing I thought was that you should have bailed.

I understand what you're saying.  But nobody owes you a free ride, even if you fought well and honorably.

If you want to save your virtual life, bail or ditch.  As long as you're still making a go of it, I say you're fair game.  Enough folks so far have said that they would turn and shoot wounded as you were...makes me convinced to shoot all planes down until they are flaming dead.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
No Honor
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2007, 05:50:16 AM »
if ur still flying then ur still able to fight, so that makes u dangerous, so ur fair game.

ive only had 1 time that i got seriously peeved at being shoot down.

i was in a 38l and had 3 kills that i had worked "very" hard to get.i considered myself lucky to have lived (no vultch's straight acm kills).id taken damage to both engines (oil. so i was smoking with obvious damage) and aileron damage and headed back to base.i was on final and i spotted a spit high above the base.

now i thought who would shoot up a badly damaged bird on final so continued to land.well the spit wanted a cheep kill so he got one.

i was that peeved i was going to start slagging him off on 200 but i logged instead to cool down.

the guy is currantly ranked in the top 40 with just under a 1000 kills.(no wonder if he was after cheep kills).

now myself i will kill a plane if its still flying (unless i no its going to go down.that would be kill stealing) but if its trying to land ill leave him alone and let him land.

end of the day its a game.play it the way u want to.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: No Honor
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2007, 08:01:50 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive

For me, I'll still let a guy go if he calls bingo, unless he turns back on me, I'll still hold my shot when running into a head on merge, till the clown HOs me then he gets it from then on(oh btw, for the F6 that HOed me, a HO is when you make a head on pass WITH guns blazing, its just a merge when you don't fire). I know its "just a game", but I'd still like to see it played with a little class, a little honor. Cheap shots, and gameing the game just pisses people off, and takes away from the fun.

"The PRO " <---thats funny stuff, this is a GAME.Unfortunatley this is how everyone in the MA plays now, they all must get those kills so to get thier name up in lights for the WTG's, and for the free steak knife set.We had some really good organized " CLEAN " fights in the DA last nite.Maybe you should organize some DA flights, you may actually have some fun.People fly differently when score is not INvolved.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2007, 08:53:17 AM »
Originally posted by toonces3
I don't mean to be argumentative, but the first thing I thought was that you should have bailed.

I understand what you're saying.  But nobody owes you a free ride, even if you fought well and honorably.

If you want to save your virtual life, bail or ditch.  As long as you're still making a go of it, I say you're fair game.  Enough folks so far have said that they would turn and shoot wounded as you were...makes me convinced to shoot all planes down until they are flaming dead.

:O What is going on here?  It a game!!!!!  Fight!!!  He should have fought for his life.  You guys sudgest bailing, diching, asking for mercy on 200 WTF?!?!?!??!?!:O

What is wrong with fighting?  There was nothing wrong with his ride.  His plane got a litle dirty and he ran home.

Honor?  There is honor in fighting, (maybe since it is only a game).  There is non in crying or running.

Why no one is recomending fighting for your life as an alternative is :furious :furious :furious :furious :furious :furious     lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
No Honor
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2007, 10:34:19 AM »
When I smoke another planes engine it's just like blood in the water to a shark.
KILL IT!!!:noid
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
No Honor
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2007, 10:56:15 AM »
This is a game, if you want to fly through HOing everything like a moron, then don't come in here and claim legitimacy!
====
You need to understand something:  I take any and all shots that have a decent chance of passing through your central nervous system.  Be it from behind, above, below, left to right, right to left, aft to forward, forward to aft and yes, even head on, and even as you float to earth in your blood  stained silken rag.  I will gun your brains out every chance I get.  Thats why I play the G A M E.  

You dont like it?  tough **** buddy :cool:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
No Honor
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2007, 11:04:28 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
This is a game, if you want to fly through HOing everything like a moron, then don't come in here and claim legitimacy!
====
You need to understand something:  I take any and all shots that have a decent chance of passing through your central nervous system.  Be it from behind, above, below, left to right, right to left, aft to forward, forward to aft and yes, even head on, and even as you float to earth in your blood  stained silken rag.  I will gun your brains out every chance I get.  Thats why I play the G A M E.  

You dont like it?  tough **** buddy :cool:

Your only chance of ever getting guns on me in a 1 vs 1 would be to cheapshot me!  You would not stand a chance at outflying me!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
No Honor
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2007, 11:20:16 AM »
*yawn*  After 10 or more years playing these online sims I am amazed that the bbs "content" rarely changes.

A word to the wise "Never throw a complaint out on the bbs and expect Any one to agree with you"
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
No Honor
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »
Originally posted by MajWoody
When I smoke another planes engine it's just like blood in the water to a shark.
KILL IT!!!:noid

It amazes me how many times you will be in a furball and see players going after the " Wounded Easy Kill" and not the other planes that are coming down upon them.Threat management is very important and only few do it.

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
No Honor
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2007, 12:11:29 PM »
Funny how everyone talks about aerial combat as fair or honorable.  Yeah, it is a game, but this game is about DEFEATING the fellow pilot.  In other words you fly to kill no matter what.  HOing, cherrypicking or whatever is a common practice here.  Does it irritate me at times.  Yeah, but it is war.  If I see a RTB on 200, I will chase him/her down.  I want him to come for me after he ups.  Why?  Because usually the guy who survives long enough to RTB due to gas or ammo is pretty good and I want to fly against him.  I want to learn how to ACM better.  The only way to do that is to fly against the good sticks.  Stop the dam whining about Honor and BS.  

Do you guys really think that the fighter jocks didnt go after a wonded duck or an RTB bomber.  Dam straight they would.  As some of you know my Grandad was a Jug pilot and he said there was no quarter given on any day.  That pilot in your gunsight was coming for you also and would fill the plane and you full of cannon.   I think the only time I would give a guy a break was when he bails and a CHUTE lights up.  I enjoy bailing and watch the guy who shot me down get flamed by a squadie of mine.  Yeah baby.  Revenge is sweet.  

So Stop Whining.  Sounds like a Bish