Author Topic: Two massive car bombs found in London  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Two massive car bombs found in London
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Not sure how he would 'prove' his resolve. Launch an indescriminate bombing raid on Bradford?

If something like this causes the PM to withdraw support from the war on terror then the PM showed lack of resolve but if this stiffens the British stance and strengthens their committment to defeat terrorism, then he's proven his resolve.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 08:17:41 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria
maybe.
close enough bystanders not seeing a flaming car could get caught in the fire but I do not believe the fire would project the nails at a lethal velocity.

I happen to have much experience with nails and have had one of the nail guns which I have used for roofing get the safety tared up ejecting a 1 1/4 inch nail at around 120 psi max it will not break the skin after traveling more than a few feet. point blank sure but still like a gasoline fire the only means of velocity would be compressed gas or in this half baked IED attempt the ignited gas expanding instead of compressed air

still the point is this was a rank amateur defiling a nice car.

The explosives found were both fuel (gasoline) and gas canisters (preliminary reports indicate the gas canisters were propane tanks commonly used for gas BBQs).  Had any of those propane canisters (if that's what the gas canisters contained) gone off, it would have been a pretty big explosion, at least enough to kill or seriously injure/maim those in close proximity.

Picture shows one of the gas canisters that was found in the car.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 10:44:38 PM »
If it doesn't go off, everyone forgets about it in two media cycles. If it does go off, we have website after website proving it was the government or Haliburton but never, ever Islamists doing what they have been doing for the last 1400 years.

Odd isn't it that when people claiming to be Christians were bombing abortion clinics and threatening abortionists in the early 90s no one claimed it was a conspiracy by the Government or Haliburton?
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 03:14:12 AM »
If it doesn't go off, everyone forgets about it in two media cycles. If it does go off, we have website after website proving it was the government or Haliburton but never, ever Islamists doing what they have been doing for the last 1400 years.

But we do get you slagging off another religion either way, don't we?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

storch

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 03:21:16 AM »
those zany moslems.  good one for the good guys.  I'm glad to hear no one was injured.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 03:38:14 AM »
But we do get you slagging off another religion either way, don't we?

His imaginary friend is better than the other fellas imaginary friend so you kinda have to live with that. ;)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 03:44:16 AM »
I happen to have much experience with nails and have had one of the nail guns which I have used for roofing get the safety tared up ejecting a 1 1/4 inch nail at around 120 psi max it will not break the skin after traveling more than a few feet.

I too have extensive experience with nail guns (siding guns shooting 8P nails). While you are correct that they won't break the skin after traveling a few feet, they will go all the way through your knee at point blank range. :eek: Don't ask me how I know this and I'll tell you no lies. :p

*edit* Oh yeah, framing guns shooting 16P nails can do some damage at point blank range also, but I wouldn't know anything about that. :noid
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 03:47:10 AM by Elfie »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 04:02:28 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
"there are no car bombs in london" bagdad bob.

Get back to us on your 13th birthday.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2007, 05:39:11 AM »
Not sure how he would 'prove' his resolve. Launch an indescriminate bombing raid on Bradford?

For you Americans or any other nationality that are prolly unaware of the pun.  Bradford is a small town mid north of England.  Was typical of the industrial revaluation but as time passed on it's industrial heritage wained.  A deprived town now living in the shadow of resent economic  recession.  However, it is still fondly remembered by Brits as a "hard working mans" town.  Salt and earth of English "working class" BUT that is a nostalgic view.  In reality the population isn't the indigenous British.  Whites are outnumbered by ethnics mostly Pakistani and Indian.  Fair to say that a small minority of the present ethnic community are second and third generation.  Using a euphormism,..........  Brit Pak's.  

Bradford was also high lited in a "LOW" lite way for race riots some years ago.  Many suspect the lack of media coverage the dumbing down of these events wasn't to do with "Indigenous" whites on the war path but much more to do with Brit Paks intimidating the "indigenus".  A belief punted by the BNP (neo nazi's).  I can't comment further on the facts or fiction to the riots because I simply do not now.  Perhaps someone could comment later without getting into a "us and them" drama.  Just facts please.

As for our new PM's resolve it was just the standard political response on the lines of "we should be ever vigilante in these trying times".  Not an exact quote but you get the drift.

As for the timing to test the new leaders resolve as touted by the media..... who knows.  More to the point who bleedin cares   The Brits wouldn't give a monkeys about what leader we have.  They (bad guys) are messing with the country us Brits.  I'll tell you this if the Luftwaffer couldn't bomb old Mrs Smith out of the east end of London a disenfranchised, deluded individual,  or a Ala-bleedin-akbar type, doesn't stand a chance.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 06:39:56 AM by LYNX »

storch

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2007, 07:54:43 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
For you Americans or any other nationality that are prolly unaware of the pun.  Bradford is a small town mid north of England.  Was typical of the industrial revaluation but as time passed on it's industrial heritage wained.  A deprived town now living in the shadow of resent economic  recession.  However, it is still fondly remembered by Brits as a "hard working mans" town.  Salt and earth of English "working class" BUT that is a nostalgic view.  In reality the population isn't the indigenous British.  Whites are outnumbered by ethnics mostly Pakistani and Indian.  Fair to say that a small minority of the present ethnic community are second and third generation.  Using a euphormism,..........  Brit Pak's.  

Bradford was also high lited in a "LOW" lite way for race riots some years ago.  Many suspect the lack of media coverage the dumbing down of these events wasn't to do with "Indigenous" whites on the war path but much more to do with Brit Paks intimidating the "indigenus".  A belief punted by the BNP (neo nazi's).  I can't comment further on the facts or fiction to the riots because I simply do not now.  Perhaps someone could comment later without getting into a "us and them" drama.  Just facts please.

As for our new PM's resolve it was just the standard political response on the lines of "we should be ever vigilante in these trying times".  Not an exact quote but you get the drift.

As for the timing to test the new leaders resolve as touted by the media..... who knows.  More to the point who bleedin cares   The Brits wouldn't give a monkeys about what leader we have.  They (bad guys) are messing with the country us Brits.  I'll tell you this if the Luftwaffer couldn't bomb old Mrs Smith out of the east end of London a disenfranchised, deluded individual,  or a Ala-bleedin-akbar type, doesn't stand a chance.
sounds sort of like dearborn michigan

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 11:57:04 AM »
Fifty gallons of gasoline would make a very nice fire. It would also be plenty to explode the canisters of propane which would be a very very intense explosion. Remember the fuel air bomb??? Same principle. The first tank to blow would likely shred the others adding even more explosive power to the first and would then send the nails out as frags and far more velocity than a nail gun. Remember using nails as a weapon is not new. Think beehive round in 105 mm artillery and tank guns in Viet Nam as well as beehive rounds in the "thumper" (40mm grenade launcher).

The idea of a terror weapon is not to cause massive loss of life alone, it's to cause mass casualties of all kinds. Having a few nails stuck in you, even superficially would not make your day at all. There is also no telling if they were "clean" either.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »
And now a burning jeep crashes into Glasgow Airport (failed suicide bombing it appears).

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1273090,00.html

Got the people alive, hope they let them burn for a while before they put the flames out.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 12:07:30 PM by Furball »
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2007, 12:13:33 PM »
Just my impression of things, but it seems like more and more moderate, average muslims are beginning to speak out against the radicals.

The radical Islamists seem to have tunnel vision.  They never miss any faux pas committed by the U.S., Britain, or any western power....and never see the things done by these same nations to safeguard the lives and rights of their fellow muslims.  The fact that NATO forces composed mainly of U.S. and west European forces stopped the ethnic cleansing aimed at muslims in Bosnia has been totally forgotten.  As have the atrocities Saddam committed against Shi-ites in Iraq.

As I said, it's just my impression, but some of the moderate muslims are beginning to "get it."

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 12:16:28 PM »
Shuckins,

I'd like to think that what you said is happening. Until I see non radical muslims turning in or removing the radical components on their own I don't think I'll have much credence in it.

I see lots of demonstrations dealing with death to something, country etc. but not death to radicalism and terrorist acts.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 12:35:10 PM »
Every little bit helps...odd ya only hear this from blogs, etc and not the NY Times, etc
link

According to tax documents obtained by The Times, the number of reported members spiraled down from more than 29,000 in 2000 to less than 1,700 in 2006, a loss of membership that caused the Muslim rights group's annual income from dues to drop from $732,765 in 2000, when yearly dues cost $25, to $58,750 last year, when the group charged $35.

The organization instead is relying on about two dozen individual donors a year to contribute the majority of the money for CAIR's budget, which reached nearly $3 million last year. ...

Critics of the organization say they are not surprised membership is sagging, and that a recent decision by the Justice Department to name CAIR as "unindicted co-conspirators" in a federal case against another foundation charged with providing funds to a terrorist group could discourage new members.

M. Zuhdi Jasser, director of the American-Islamic Forum for Democracy, says the sharp decline in membership calls into question whether the organization speaks for 7 million American Muslims, as the group has claimed.

For a group that only has 1,700 members, it has an inordinate amount of political clout. The fact that roughly 25 people paid $3 million and represented the majority of its financing should raise some eyebrows. It comes to an average contribution of $120,000 each for last year alone.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/