Author Topic: Bad Hurricane Season or No?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
Bad Hurricane Season or No?
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:32:55 PM »
I thought that this was supposed to be a incredibly bad year for hurricanes but I haven’t heard anything out of the gulf or Atlantic. Not whining since having no hurricanes is a good thing but where did the weather peeps get their info??

Nada?
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:51:26 PM »
They get them from where they get every other prediction.  I don't know where that is but I believe they call them "educated guesses" a hypothesis if you will.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 12:13:44 AM »
The enviro-kooks predicted armageddon back last March when they put out the forecast.  Apparently this, umm, quiet season doesnt fit their global warming mantra.  Im waiting for them to scold the world for the southwest US for daring to have high heat.  You know, like you usually do at summer time.

Give them time, they'll find a reason to blame mankind for some weather event.  I mean, it just HAS to be our fault.

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 12:34:20 AM »
Global warming isn't gonig to happen all at once, and it will happen. Global warming doesn't mean storms every year, there will be quiet years. I firmly beleive in global warming, right here in Tennessee, we're in the biggest drought we've seen in a while. But I know global warming will occur. I have solid proof.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 05:43:51 AM »
Hurricane season just started.  I wouldn't go counting any chickens just yet.

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/G1.html

I certainly hope it is another mild season, but it is far too early to be sure about anything.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 05:52:37 AM »
I really REALLY wish i could be as "optimistic" as LePaul.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
Re: Bad Hurricane Season or No?
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 06:05:42 AM »
Originally posted by Jappa52
Not whining since having no hurricanes is a good thing but where did the weather peeps get their info??

From Al Gore.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
My favorite subject - global warming
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 06:20:55 AM »
Originally posted by McFarland
Global warming isn't gonig to happen all at once, and it will happen. Global warming doesn't mean storms every year, there will be quiet years. I firmly beleive in global warming, right here in Tennessee, we're in the biggest drought we've seen in a while. But I know global warming will occur. I have solid proof.

Yes, yes..we all have solid proof....   They used to call it the ice ages.  Imagine, you are standing in New England, and the ice sheet moves slowly down and over your head....my GOD, global cooling!!!!!

Then, some 10,000 years later, you are standing on the ice sheet and it slowly melts away....my GOD, global warming!!!!!!!!  

Repeat the cycle, repeat the mantra.....we just happen to be in a warming cycle...  

Ok, for those who just can't live without a crisis, you'll really have to find another.   Statistics are powerful tools that allow us to evaluate data and determine if there is significance to trends.   In a Six Sigma Blackbelt program, we studied all the available temperature data and found that the current trend IS NOT STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT.  That means one cannot conclude, with facts, that there is anything different now than in the past.

I am sorry that this flies in the face of those who would stir you up with fear.   It's how they get you to give them power....  Please don't buy this one.

Re: Hurricanes - Watch the surface water temperatures....  Many hurricane watchers feel this is the key to gauging the current year's forecast...warmer water is bad news...this year, the water temps are lower than some recent years, which may bode well.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 06:24:53 AM »
Soooooooo... all the forrests that has been cut, co2 and crap spewed out over the last 200 years or so has absolutly no affect on anything? That is awsome!

:rofl

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 06:26:53 AM »
No, me solid proof is in the book of truth, the good book, the Holy Bible, King James version, "the winters will be as hot as the summers". "Man shall hide from the sun".

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 06:28:22 AM »
excellent weather forecast mcfarland ;)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 06:33:21 AM »
Originally posted by LePaul
The enviro-kooks predicted armageddon back last March when they put out the forecast.  Apparently this, umm, quiet season doesnt fit their global warming mantra.  Im waiting for them to scold the world for the southwest US for daring to have high heat.  You know, like you usually do at summer time.

How about stopping with the name calling?

I mean Im sure you can come up with lots of fancy insults or degrading names for people who are concerned about the climate change, just as I can come up with lots of fancy insults or degrading names for people who fail to understand the danger of the climate change...but where does that all get us?

This is the o-club. Perhaps we should try to behave as o's?

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 06:43:27 AM »
Hortlund, that actually sounds sensible. And Nilsen, it isn't me forecast, it's God's. :aok  So it will happen, as for when, well, I think we're getting really close. It's kinda like being on a train pulling into the station at 100 mph, and we just broke the brake lever.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 06:49:09 AM »
Ok, so i cant really plan my vacation based on the bible? You see.. im going sailing for a week today and it would be great to have a heads-up on the weather from other sources than what i have access to right now. ;)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 07:28:09 AM »
Haaarrrr, real pirates don't worry about the weather.
:D