Author Topic: What is a Militia?  (Read 18065 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #765 on: January 06, 2008, 06:32:48 PM »
Pointless sniping is so easy that I may snipe you now and then. It's cute watching you pound your chest like King Kong over your own cleverness.

:aok
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #766 on: January 06, 2008, 06:36:27 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Pointless sniping is so easy that I may snipe you now and then. It's cute watching you pound your chest like King Kong over your own cleverness.

:aok

Ahhhh ... but am I cuter than you when you do it? Had I known this was a "Miss AHBB politics" contest I mighta been better prepared. Just remember ... when you win the thread you walk down the runway, crown on head, roses carefully caressed and ... for gawsh sake ... make the tears look sincere!

:aok :D

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #767 on: January 06, 2008, 07:03:13 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Ahhhh ... but am I cuter than you when you do it? Had I known this was a "Miss AHBB politics" contest I mighta been better prepared. Just remember ... when you win the thread you walk down the runway, crown on head, roses carefully caressed and ... for gawsh sake ... make the tears look sincere!

:aok :D

lighten up francis, your going to get your panties all bunched up.:D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #768 on: January 06, 2008, 07:03:20 PM »
Dunno.. I'm new to it. And you've got such a head start.

I think the crown is yours, honey.

:D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #769 on: January 06, 2008, 07:12:06 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
lighten up francis, your going to get your panties all bunched up.:D

Ahhhhh ..... self-reaffirmation through projection. Don't bother, just respond "yarp." ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #770 on: January 06, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »
Dunno.. I'm new to it. And you've got such a head start.

I think the crown is yours, honey.

:D

Well then. No need for you to just keep surrendering and sobbing endlessly, then. Eh? Or are you thinking you're really going somewhere with this dance? Wasn't your "point" about how "insubstantial" my participation is? ;)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #771 on: January 06, 2008, 07:22:41 PM »
Well then. No need for you to just keep surrendering and sobbing endlessly, then. Eh? Or are you thinking you're really going somewhere with this dance? Wasn't your "point" about how "insubstantial" my participation is? ;)

my god arlo, you are so pathetic. I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #772 on: January 06, 2008, 07:28:21 PM »
my god arlo, you are so pathetic. I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Your God Arlo appreciates your prayers. :D

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #773 on: January 06, 2008, 07:37:18 PM »
Your God Arlo appreciates your prayers. :D

good night francis.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #774 on: January 06, 2008, 07:57:59 PM »
good night francis.

Good night, Gracie. ;)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
What is a Militia?
« Reply #775 on: January 07, 2008, 07:30:04 AM »
Almost didn't post this, since it has nothing to do with the subject of a militia, and it is totally unscientific. But after voting myself I was completely astonished by the results, scientific or not they are overwhelming. I thought it did portray the general consensus of the public (call that the "common sense" being bandied about by our local combatants) on the true meaning of the 2nd amendment.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickquestion/2007/november/popup5895.htm

Carry on...as I'm sure you will.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #776 on: January 07, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
Holy moly!   97% of the USA today readers realize that it is indeed an individual right?

Bet the government stooge and his liberal journalist friend who started asked are both shaking in their boots over the result of that poll.

I am surprised but gratified..  It seems my faith in my fellow citizens is not entirely misplaced.

over 350,000 votes and only 1% did not feel that it was an individual right.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #777 on: January 07, 2008, 08:25:32 AM »
geeze arlo... I guess this isn't going as well as it does around your friends eh?

Your not gonna cry are ya?   wait...  is that a tear?  don't tell me that's a tear!

lazs

Offline Bingolong

• Copper Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #778 on: January 07, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »
No, I still don't think you know what this case is about. I think you haven't even read the question to be answered the way the Supreme Court wrote it.

The brief is divided into three main components, arguing:

1) The sophisticated collective rights view of the 2A (exclusively military context)...approx. 24 pages

What I have been saying and the longest argument.

2) Jurisdictional issues - the 2A applies only to states (and thus not DC)...approx. 5 pages

I was saying this as well

3) Reasonable restrictions don't violate 2A...approx. 18 pages

1st  2 out of 3 arguments

I think you have proved yourself unenlightened :D
You should study a little more so you can fully acheive an understanding of what this is about. Tunnel vision does make it eaisier for you I understand....but geez the guy still rowing as he goes over the waterfall.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
What is a Militia?
« Reply #779 on: January 07, 2008, 12:54:54 PM »
Sorry, I don't think you've understood the situation even now.

The brief does not address the question as the Supreme Court framed it.

Focus on that. The SC framed the question to be answered by both sides. The DC brief DOES NOT address the question the SC asked.

Got it yet?

Again, you need to search out and READ the question the SC is asking in this case.

Hope that begins to enlighten you.