Author Topic: ENY!!!  (Read 6606 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: ENY!!!
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2008, 06:48:03 PM »
Well, if you offer some proof then I'll debunk that. Your only 'proof' was that there is no Bish in the top 50, which has been debunked,

How was this debunked?

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2008, 06:49:20 PM »
Again, you debunked nothing.  This has nothing to do with the top 50 players. I could care less who you killed or YOUR score. 

The question was how many in the top 50 at this moment are BISH and regularly bish.

Debunk it.

How many Bish are in the top 50 has nothing to do with ENY. You could find out the information you desire by yourself, you don't need us to do it for you.

Were you around before ENY was implemented?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2008, 06:51:14 PM »
Well, if you offer some proof then I'll debunk that. Your only 'proof' was that there is no Bish in the top 50, which has been debunked,

How was this debunked?

Since, otherwise, you'll probably skip over my post because it was the last on the page-

I was talking about the Knight vs. Rook thing being personally debunked by me.
BTW, BMathis, Gumpsta, and NCLawman are Bish in the top 50 (theres probably more, but Im not going to look through the whole top 50 list). #1 (Lusche) is Rook, but all his kills are Rook, which kinda kills your switching to the lowest side to game scores theory.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2008, 06:56:39 PM »
two sides of the fence, the yard your in and the one I am in.  both are right, we got to find the common ground for both sides.  
This isn't your yard though :)
Also eveyone here is in MY house. Make absoulutly no mistake about that.

There is a difference between two guest getting into an agument in my house vs a guest impuning my integrity to everone else in my house.

I have to live here. But I do get to choose who is a guest or not.

HiTech

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
I was talking about the Knight vs. Rook thing being personally debunked by me.
BTW, BMathis, Gumpsta, and NCLawman are Bish in the top 50 (theres probably more, but Im not going to look through the whole top 50 list). #1 (Lusche) is Rook, but all his kills are Rook, which kinda kills your switching to the lowest side to game scores theory.

I did look through all of the top 50.

68Donkey, Banshee7, VanScrew, Atti11a, Crambo have all switched at least once, but probably not twice based on the low numbers of kills and deaths while they were on the team they switched too.

BushLt, Teufl, Lazer and Henry8 all switch on a regular basis it seems. They all have *kills as* every country and all have *killed as* for every country.

Out of the top 50, only 4 switch teams on a regular basis. So I think it's safe to say that the top players are not using ENY to pad their score.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2008, 07:04:59 PM »
I was talking about the Knight vs. Rook thing being personally debunked by me.We never said that there was never rook vs. knit, just little to no activity. you have been one of the exceptions to that theory.  There are several times this has been seen even with or without ENY in place.

I am sure there has to be a few bish in top 50, but proportionatly not eqaul as the other two is the theory mentioned.  I am not counting any floppers, just the constants.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »
Ah, yes, I've been proven wrong, but instead of admitting it, I'm going to shrug off the facts and keep saying whats more convenient to my arguement.

:rolleyes:

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:29 PM »
This isn't your yard though :)

Murdr,,, I will spell this out for you.... V.I.E.W.P.O.I.N.T.S

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2008, 07:11:17 PM »
well iam sorry to say
i do not understand   Y I countinue to pay for agame that I Cannot fly the plaines i like
I understand trying to make it fair

Bonz, you have a point.  I would suggest that you try the other bombers and you might discover some real gems.  I recently started flying the Ki67s instead of B24s and B17s.  I didn't know what I had been missing for almost 4 years prior.  I find I reach my target more often and land more plane kills.  I will be quiet now before the eny police get me :uhoh

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.  Good luck if you decide to take the advice.  (Salvo 4 x 100 kg and delay .05 will take out any hangar ;) )

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2008, 07:15:10 PM »
:rolleyes:

I have been in here most of the day and made my point.  Just a few of you choose to deny this issue is even an issue and choose to inflame the issue than participate in a solution.  

Kisses and hugs,,,,, good nite cupcakes    :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »

I have been in here most of the day and made my point.  Just a few of you choose to deny this issue is even an issue and choose to inflame the issue than participate in a solution.  

Your the one 'inflaming the issue' by making false claims and then ignoring the facts.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2008, 07:17:12 PM »

The solution is to keep the numbers even.  If players will not balance them on their own, the game will make it happen or failing that, mitigate the numbers' effect.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2008, 07:27:30 PM »
We can agree to disagree about ENY and if it works or not.  This was never meant to be a debate, but some of you insist it works and there is no other solution.  I my friend dont feel that way.

There is a distinct line of those that thinks it works for their own reasons, and those that thinks it does not work for their own reasons.  I can find more negatives about it and what people use it as "gaming" for an advantage and had no one yet to debunk that.

Some of you say that you are not affected by ENY, thats great. Good choice. Your saving the game. Cant say that I really seen you around the Late MA either, cause if you dont know me, thats where I live.  
So we may be off our rocker and passionate about what we express, its not out of anger but understanding or a lack thereof of ENY and its effectiveness when its not being used for what it was meant for if by choice or not.  You may be the honorable one that uses it for the specific purpose, however thats not the case for the majority of the "gamers" NOTE: before you blow up on this remember, two sides of the fence, the yard your in and the one I am in.  both are right, we got to find the common ground for both sides.  

However the ones of us that have made the choice to live with it and deal with it, as painful as it may be, we pay particular attention to it and have noted discrepencies in the consitstency of the level of ENY applied. (this probabley has something to do with dont know jack about it)

That I think is what really started this all off and broke the camels back, the discussion consumed the arena last weekend and was noted how irregular one map was to the other.  

I think we are justifiable in our discussion of ENY and am positive that something may come out of it.  If not, we will just have to deal with it as we usually do. We will continue to win maps just the way we do ENY or not. The game itself will not progress.  

I do expect to hear what you OLD TIMERS have done and what did not work, with that said, there are alot of young minds in here, and if the issue isnt where everyone is happy than its an issue that is alive and well, I have heard some ideas that made some sense, some others that didnt, but in time someone should not be afraid to bring that up in this forum.

Having a positive attitude about welcoming or seeking change is not foolish, the fool is the one stuck in the rut.

LOL!  You keep saying nothing.  We get you don't like it.

What is your solution beyond, 'give me what I want' regardless of how it impacts the entire player base?

What are you and your 70+ guys doing to make it better?  Just think how 70 people could affect the balance if they weren't so stuck on loyalty to a cartoon chess piece.  If you are after quicker map rotations by steam roll, take your 70 guys, go to the low side and go to work.  You can chatter to each other all you want and work together towards winning the war.

So what are YOU going to do beyond complain?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »
how do you use eny to pad your score, unless you are flying with the larger crowd.  I would think you could increase your score with much more ease flying a plane in a large crowd and vulching many bases.  Flying with a team with higher numbers would provide you safety and very little exposure to threats, while being able to swoop in and pick off others you are already enganged or on the runway.  Flying for the underdog team would not give that luxory.  In order to get better numbers, I would think you would want to be closer to many targets..as an underdog, that usually means the horde. Fighting the horde is not safe, and generally not a good place to go flying if you are trying to increase your score above what your skill level may actually be. (not that score is a good indicator of skill).  The whole theory of score being somehow related to eny has way to many variables, including pilot skill/vulching/willingness to obtain high score/hours logged/time of day etc.  Also, one would have to assume the eny is a serious issue for most of the day, and consistent.  I don't really see how these are related.  I think you will have a hard time proving that a person who is flying with a 2:1 odds is somehow at a disadvantage.  Also, lets say you were correct and people were somehow gaining a better score due to eny, what of it? Score is useless anyway, I wouldn't lose to much sleep over it. Just enjoy your big number advantage and win that war, at all costs.

As others have mentioned, if you choose to form another wing with a squad, when the limit is 32, it is up to your squad to manage it.  It is not up to the community and HT to accomodate you because you are coloring outside of the lines.  Maybe htc decided to set the limit at 32 for a reason.

I also offered up a solution, which is, again, limiting percentage of people allowed per side per arena.  Imagaine trying to get a large squad in there, and all of a sudden maybe eny doesn't seem so bad.  Or maybe, you can wait in line on the runway for your country, before you are allowed to up.  Again, sounds like alot of time spent waiting.  Also, the more complex you get, the more time and the potential for futher issues arising increases.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 07:45:24 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:53 PM »
The solution is to keep the numbers even.  If players will not balance them on their own, the game will make it happen or failing that, mitigate the numbers' effect.

That's exactly what ENY is all about.  :rock