Author Topic: TAKING A ENY POLL  (Read 7460 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: TAKING A ENY POLL
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »
No.

Forces No skill pilots in the HORDE to fly something else apart from their crutches.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2008, 07:59:09 AM »
Yes and No. Yes get rid of it as it currently stands it needs some serious tweaking. No don't get rid of it entirely as it does serve a small incentive to jump countries. Some things eny does is force you to either learn to fly a lesser ride, switch country to always stay in the uber planes, switch arena's, or log off.
AKsleepy

Offline Flash

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »
Yes and Yes to arena cap, at least give it a try for a few months. War is never based on fairness. If on the lossing or winning side so be it.

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2008, 10:19:09 AM »
I love eny

reasons
1. I love hearing noobs squeek
2. It doesnt affect me
3. I love hearing noobs squeek
4. See reasons 1,3

I think HTC needs to perk anything under 10 eny gameplay may get better if noobs actually learn how to fly something that doesnt go mac 1.
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Online waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »
No changes needed to ENY system.  This poll is proof that it works.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »
 :furious YES :furious
Get rid of it. High eny means you can't get the "better" birds. Thats retarded. A game is only as good as its players. If ya can't fly a Zeke and win against a Pony or a 109 even, then learn to fight better. And vice-versa, if you can't beat up a P-40 with a ME262, then learn to fight better.
Its stupid, in my opinion, to punish 1 or 2 countries with high eny values just because 1 or 2 countries are getting the snot beat out of them by another. If the "Bish" for example, have a lower amount of players and are getting slaughtered by the "Knights" or "Rooks", why give those countries the weaker/ less effective plane sets. Is this fair? No. An A/C is only as good as its pilot. You can put a NOOB in a 262. An experienced pilot with good ACM can kill the NOOB with a LA7. That what this game is about. The abilities of the pilot. Keep things fair by keeping the whole plane set available to everyone. If adjusments must be made to a countries plane set, jack up the perks for the perked rides and leave it at that. In WW2, the germans weren't told they couldn't fly the 190D-9 because the enemy wasn't all that good and they were stuck with the A5 model instead, right? The WW2 air -war was fought and won by superior pilots and their A/C, not because their A/C were more superior. :aok
That my 2 cents worth. <SALUTE> everyone, happy hunting.

A8Chewie
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2008, 12:08:04 PM »

Its stupid, in my opinion, to punish 1 or 2 countries with high eny values just because 1 or 2 countries are getting the snot beat out of them by another. If the "Bish" for example, have a lower amount of players and are getting slaughtered by the "Knights" or "Rooks", why give those countries the weaker/ less effective plane sets.

You realise that its the country with MORE pilots that gets the limited set, right?

:huh

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2008, 12:29:21 PM »
Apparently not.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »
No - but I do like oTRALFZo 's idea. 
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2008, 12:41:19 PM »
No - but I do like oTRALFZo 's idea. 
Sorry but that is a bad idea because it only penalizes the newer players.  Do you realize how many of us have tens of thousands of perks?  Having to spend perks to bypass ENY is chump change, and many could do it indefinately without ever running low on perks.

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »
Quick answer: Keep ENY

Long answer: I think a better solution would be better rewards for being on the losing side. It would require modifying the perk costs significantly so we have a wider range of 'reward' planes. The lower end of said 'reward' planes would become free after the player imbalance exceeds a certain range. Basically the idea would be such that if a side is heavily outnumbered, planes such as the F4U-4, Tempest etc would then become free. But at this point the range of perked planes is very limited so it would be more useful if we had minor perk costs on many planes (with an according adjustments to the perk economy to remain balanced).

Not going to get into potential formula's but here are some examples...

Upper tier

Mid tier
Tempest
F4U-4

Low tier
Spit XIV
F4U-1C
LA7
Spit XVI
KI84
109K4
N1K2

The lowest tier planes would all have a minor perk cost (at today's value's maybe 1/2 to 3 perks). But perk costs can disappear entirely at certain levels of player imbalance. Not factoring in perked vehicles or the perk ord system yet but I think that would add even more value to a rewards based system.

The other thing I think we'd need is higher visibility to player imbalances and potential rewards. Players would need to see somewhere that they could be getting cheap rides in jets if they switched sides.

(Flame away guys!)
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2008, 12:54:31 PM »
The side with lower numbers cannot lessen the imbalance; as such, any motivating factors/limits/punishments shoul be directed toward the side(s) with higher numbers.

Free tempests versus 20 Spit 8s still sucks.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2008, 12:58:15 PM »
The side with lower numbers cannot lessen the imbalance; as such, any motivating factors/limits/punishments shoul be directed toward the side(s) with higher numbers.

Free tempests versus 20 Spit 8s still sucks.
I see that as a function of not having an easy way for loaded sides to see potential rewards by switching sides. From HTC's perspective it's better to reward players to switch sides then to disillusion players to log off entirely. (Admittedly that would happen anyways but the idea is to mitigate frustrations.)

And it may still suck, but it sucks less IMO then -  half cost tempests vs 20 spit 8's.
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2008, 12:58:38 PM »
 :aok to eny.....great idea.

For those who detest anyone changing sides... you might rethink that a bit as those that change sides to even-up teams actually enhance your game play by killing eny.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 01:01:22 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2008, 01:03:27 PM »
No- change sides or change your ride!
~Hells Angels~
Solar10