Author Topic: TAKING A ENY POLL  (Read 7421 times)

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
Re: TAKING A ENY POLL
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »
LMAO..So heres what we have with ENY....Were loosing so lets penialize the wining side.... What a bunch of Tree Huggin I cant take care of myself whining liberals....

ENY IS LAME....but thats the way this game has been going, Its becoming another Playstation, Nintendo....

:salute

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2008, 01:11:17 PM »
LMAO..So heres what we have with ENY....Were loosing so lets penialize the wining side.... What a bunch of Tree Huggin I cant take care of myself whining liberals....

:salute :salute kamori  :aok
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »
I see that as a function of not having an easy way for loaded sides to see potential rewards by switching sides. From HTC's perspective it's better to reward players to switch sides then to disillusion players to log off entirely. (Admittedly that would happen anyways but the idea is to mitigate frustrations.)

And it may still suck, but it sucks less IMO then -  half cost tempests vs 20 spit 8's.
There is already a perk cost modifier in the game based on country roster.  That was tried first, before ENY.  It wasn't effective.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2008, 01:20:06 PM »
I see that as a function of not having an easy way for loaded sides to see potential rewards by switching sides. From HTC's perspective it's better to reward players to switch sides then to disillusion players to log off entirely. (Admittedly that would happen anyways but the idea is to mitigate frustrations.)

And it may still suck, but it sucks less IMO then -  half cost tempests vs 20 spit 8's.

As it is now, there's a perk multiplier for all sides. When ENY is in effect, the perk multiplier is already increasing the costs, and decreasing the perks earned, of the side with numbers, while doing the reverse for the outnumbered sides. Many players refuse to change sides now, even though what you describe already happens to a limited extent. And as has already been mentioned, anything with a perk cost only effects the newer inexperienced players, who have less of an impact on gameplay than longer term players to begin with. The noobs are gunfodder no matter what they're in- limiting them to lesser rides, or giving them free perk planes to fly with the outnumbered side isn't going to change anything.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2008, 01:29:05 PM »
There is already a perk cost modifier in the game based on country roster.  That was tried first, before ENY.  It wasn't effective.
My question to that would be why do players generally look at the roster? 90% of the time I'm doing it I'm either looking for squaddies, specific players or viewing stats. The effectiveness of a display like that is strongly tied to where you place it, much like advertisements. A better place (and this is just plucking ideas out of the air cause I'd rather pretend I'm still on lunch) would probably be on the hanger screen showing how much a plane costs to you now, versus the cheapest available. I can't say whether or not the difference would be large enough to make it useful though.

limiting them to lesser rides, or giving them free perk planes to fly with the outnumbered side isn't going to change anything.
It does change something, it changes the cost of the planes. Whether or not that is going to have a more significant impact on providing incentives for players to switch sides than exists now is up to interpretation.

The details of the idea really aren't relevant, I think the whole reason I posted it in the first place is from a design standpoint it is far more valuable to a decision maker to be provided options. Having a group that says 'NO' and having a group that says 'YES' but provides absolutely no additional value in the way of ideas for potential improvements is fairly pointless. And that comment is directed more at those who want ENY to disappear.

If you want to be rid of ENY there's going to have to be something better to take its place because it doesn't seem like HTC is inclined to return to pre-ENY days due to the lack of a balancing mechanism (regardless of how effective/ineffective it is).
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2008, 01:46:10 PM »
2. We have resisted changing any thing for a long time, And out first attempt and providing a country moving force was done only when it became and issue (perk multiplier this was a few years back). This was done to effect other issues as minimly as posible.
HiTech
AND Btw on your other sugestion of perks being lowered for underdog, they are already, Underdog gets decrease, Big country gets increased.

HiTech

Offline Iron_Cross

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2008, 01:53:52 PM »
ENY is not going to go away.  Just because you refuse to switch sides out of some misguided loyalty to an artificial chess-piece made up country / team mates, to balance the sides, it just means you can't fly your uber wonder plane any more.

So ether live with it, and fly another higher ENY plane, or give Hitech something better to balance the sides with.  I prefer you stop whining about ENY and just suck it up. $.02

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2008, 02:06:07 PM »
HTC quotes...

AND Btw on your other sugestion of perks being lowered for underdog, they are already, Underdog gets decrease, Big country gets increased.

HiTech
At a minimum I think the delta could be bigger such that the underdog gets a larger decrease and the big country gets a larger increase. But we could also cast a wider net if it actually affected more then a small handful of planes. I guess personally I'd rather see more discussion on what could actually be done rather then arguments for the status quo or reverting back to pre-ENY days.
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2008, 02:10:35 PM »
ENY rocks.

F4U-1 + most outrageously outnumbered country on the board + three or four zip codes in Nikis = really juicy perk points.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline smoke6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2008, 02:30:40 PM »
yes, get rid of it. people are paying to fly what they want when they want. the uber piolts who want to keep eny are good enough to kick the butts of lessor pilots such as myself regardless what we fly. i constantly hear the good pilots in this game tell us lessor pilots that it's the pilot that matters...there is no best plane.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2008, 02:48:13 PM »
Milquetoast answer:

Modify it so that an ENY of more than 24 never happens, or the ENY is calculated on the total number of players on the side, so that "hangers on" (i.e. perk chasers) in the tower and not in vehicles/aircraft do not skew the ENY for a side!
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2008, 03:10:22 PM »
Milquetoast answer:

Modify it so that an ENY of more than 24 never happens, or the ENY is calculated on the total number of players on the side, so that "hangers on" (i.e. perk chasers) in the tower and not in vehicles/aircraft do not skew the ENY for a side!

No problem, provided the modify the game so that one side can never out number another by more than 1 person. BTW, as has been stated else where..."perk chasing" is an urban myth. You have to be incountry for 12 hours before you receive perks from a reset. :aok
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2008, 03:33:52 PM »
ENY rocks.

F4U-1 + most outrageously outnumbered country on the board + three or four zip codes in Nikis = really juicy perk points.
You "Tree Huggin I cant take care of myself whining liberal"  :mad:

:lol
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2008, 04:01:01 PM »
No.

At least untill some other viable option comes out to balance the sides.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »
yes, get rid of it. people are paying to fly what they want when they want. the uber piolts who want to keep eny are good enough to kick the butts of lessor pilots such as myself regardless what we fly. i constantly hear the good pilots in this game tell us lessor pilots that it's the pilot that matters...there is no best plane.

nope, you are paying to fly in the game and within it's rules.  You are not paying to fly any plane you like, though if the conditions are right you may. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:22:10 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"