Author Topic: Dont mute me bro!  (Read 3295 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Dont mute me bro!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »
In your example you were not warned by a mod, but by the text filter system.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 09:26:21 AM »
Keep a civil tongue in your head and you wont have any problems. The problem is that all the prepubescent little boys think that using profanity makes them sound older when in fact it proves just how immature they really are.

I have never even been warned let alone muted. So as others have said grow up and you wont have any problems.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »
First, I wasnt muted, I've just got enough balls to bring it up.  Second, yes, defensive.  Its a perfectly logical thread, and HTC mods are threatening to delete it and doing the name calling.  'cheeze balls' comes to mind.  I'm not here for a fight, just wanted opinions but apparently the Mods and others think differently.       :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
hey big Balls grow up :cry :cry :cry :cry
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 11:23:29 AM »
I wish they would mute all the cowards that run instead of fight, or the ganger twits that alwyas hide in a horde, or HO/run doras and ponies that avoid fighting only to come back and try to cherry fights! :aok

This is a good example of the sort of negativity that needs to be muted. The continued name calling of those who don't play to his liking.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 11:25:09 AM »
I wish they would mute all the cowards that run instead of fight, or the ganger twits that alwyas hide in a horde, or HO/run doras and ponies that avoid fighting only to come back and try to cherry fights! :aok

Says the pickster. :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 11:25:21 AM »
Bipolor grow up, if you acted like a decent responsible adult you wouldn't constantly have problems.

Effect I used to be a mod, I can swear to you on all that I hold holy and dear that mods do NOT have it "in" for people. After all, they just want to fly too. But if you persist in bad language, attitudes, and attacking people you will draw their attention.  Once you have done so can you really expect people to forget overnight?
Also what you think people "get away" with is more often than not a 10 - 60 min mute. Mods do their work behind the scenes, you don't know what warnings are sent. You don't know what mutes are handed out. So how can you critique their job performance????

You guys think the MA mods or the CM crew are tough, come play with me in the TA someday.

Not to mention that I taught many  of those CM guys how to run an event. (or deal with problems)  <S>

ummm...how bout you hush it and yes mods do have it in for ppl

R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »

then 95% of AH would be muted
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 11:29:03 AM »
/.squelch effect
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »
Keep a civil tongue in your head and you wont have any problems.

WRONG!

While that might work on the automatic text moderating code, it has no effect on a group of twits who decide they are going to abuse the .report feature and report someone simply because they don't like them. 

It's the #1 latest dirty trick in the game, and there seems to be no price to pay for those who do it.

If the dirty tricksters do in on a Friday after 5 PM Central...you are text screwed until Monday.

ROX

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 11:57:57 AM »
Apologies to you drunken sailors for lumping you in with those who can't control what comes out of their mouths or what their fingers type.

The VF-31 forgive you!
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 11:59:08 AM »
<snip>It's the #1 latest dirty trick in the game, and there seems to be no price to pay for those who do it.

A recent group of people who lost thier text privs for abusing the .report mechanism would disagree.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »
A recent group of people who lost thier text privs for abusing the .report mechanism would disagree.

ahhhhh well done  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 12:04:30 PM »

Then I thank you for doing so and applaud the enforcement!   :salute

There are some online games that have a place on thier homesite where twits who lose privelidges are listed.  Might serve as a deterrent, otherwise the victims think the perpitrators got away scott free.

ROX
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:21:31 PM by ROX »

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 12:10:14 PM »
This is a good example of the sort of negativity that needs to be muted. The continued name calling of those who don't play to his liking.
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Mean ole skyrock called me a HO twit after I came in from 5k and HOd him and then ran two sectors back to friendlies, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, he soo meanie meanie, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »
I just noticed your new avatar... is that an Lghey in place of the chicken?   :rofl :rofl
Hitting trees since tour 78