Author Topic: How to BnZ  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
How to BnZ
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:51:38 PM »
hey gentlemen,

A lot of people have asked me how to BnZ. I originally recorded this film with the intend to show my squaddies how to BnZ. Since so many people like to find out how it's done from my view, I'd though it would be helpful to post it in this forum. The film is about an hour long, haven't edit it. 23 or so kills, 1 rearm. Hopefully this helps for those other pilot that try to BnZ.

http://files.filefront.com/BnZ+23ahf/;10367557;/fileinfo.html

Yenny

E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
Re: How to BnZ
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:09:27 PM »
cherry picks and vulches included? :D

or not lol
nice film wtg
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:19:24 PM »
hey gentlemen,

A lot of people have asked me how to BnZ. I originally recorded this film with the intend to show my squaddies how to BnZ. Since so many people like to find out how it's done from my view, I'd though it would be helpful to post it in this forum. The film is about an hour long, haven't edit it. 23 or so kills, 1 rearm. Hopefully this helps for those other pilot that try to BnZ.

http://files.filefront.com/BnZ+23ahf/;10367557;/fileinfo.html

Yenny

oooo god!!!!!
now we're gonna have an influx of alt monkeys to go with the rammin hotards now? :confused:

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 10:40:37 PM »
is it worth watching?  CAP1?

to go from 20 hrs or so flying in Fighter Mode up to 221+ hours a month flying in Fighter mode really tells me alot  to be honest...

I guess I will download it tomorrow after work and see if there is anything to comment on, in the film

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 10:43:45 PM »
is it worth watching?  CAP1?

to go from 20 hrs or so flying in Fighter Mode up to 221+ hours a month flying in Fighter mode really tells me alot  to be honest...

you mean me>?
i haven't got 20 hours yet this month. i used to do somewhere around 20-30 hours a month, but since i got my own shop, i haven't had the time now.
 besides the fact that i've always just liked to get into the fight, now i like that more than ever with my limited time on the game.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »
no not you, the film that is posted in the link,  I looked at his stats to see how long he has been flying...and notice such a huge jump in playing time  20+ hrs to 221+ hours in just a few+ months..........you know when the bug really bites its teeth and sinks in to you and you become infected with Aces High....so you play 24/7  :O :O

do not mean to sound harsh toward your film  Yenny............I have been out of the arenas a good bit lately and am seeing a whole bunch of new names/players who apparently have taken after the muppets logo, and received "all das skillz"   ;)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:51:37 PM »
no not you, the film that is posted in the link,  I looked at his stats to see how long he has been flying...and notice such a huge jump in playing time  20+ hrs to 221+ hours in just a few+ months..........you know when the bug really bites its teeth and sinks in to you and you become infected with Aces High....so you play 24/7  :O :O

do not mean to sound harsh toward your film  Yenny............I have been out of the arenas a good bit lately and am seeing a whole bunch of new names/players who apparently have taken after the muppets logo, and received "all das skillz"   ;)

aaahhh......
well, i didn't even click on the link. if it's all bnz, un-edited, then it's probably gonna be more exciting to watch  thre slow races at a harley meet :D
i do however almost always d/l films of actual fights, and try to learn from them.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 11:35:31 PM »
not worth watching if bnz bores you to death but if you wanna learn it's kind of instructional.

one thing i noticed though is that just about the only knights you hear talking and calling out information in this whole film are yenny and a squadie of his i think. we should all run our mouths that much :d lol (not that that's a bad thing it does help other's SA) at some point in playing though i get kind of agravated when the fith person has told me i have a guy on me im draggin but its all good better to have 20 check sixes for one guy on your tail than none for 20 guys on your tail.

no dis5 yen  at one point he was wondering if his mike was working right!!!!

must have been very late at night because ive heard more chatter at a funeral.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:40:36 PM by goober69 »
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »
It has its up and down time. Taking off and getting to the fight, rtb etc=). The bulk of it is bnz, I do just want to point out that it's not meant to be fast pace, because it was real time in the game w/o editting. You will have to hit the fast foward button a fews time to get to the fight area. Only thing that's a little interesting would be at 11:30 min mark where I force an over shot, other then that it's mainly for instructional and demonstration purpose. I made about 40 passes and down about 23 planes and 10 assists, just a normal run.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:05:25 AM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 11:53:56 AM »
It has its up and down time. Taking off and getting to the fight, rtb etc=). The bulk of it is bnz, I do just want to point out that it's not meant to be fast pace, because it was real time in the game w/o editting. You will have to hit the fast foward button a fews time to get to the fight area. Only thing that's a little interesting would be at 11:30 min mark where I force an over shot, other then that it's mainly for instructional and demonstration purpose. I made about 40 passes and down about 23 planes and 10 assists, just a normal run.

i really can't do much more than just shake my head.....
the few occasions i fly buffs it's kinda hard fighting off the boredom. i cannot even begin to imagine it in a fighter, flying for an hour, and no fight. flying for an hor, droping into a furball, nail a con that's involved with another bogie, climb back up and think to myself  ""dam i'm good!!" fly for another hour while i wait for the guy chasing me to run low on fuel and leave me alone because i can't bnz him. rearm, rinse and repeat :( :rolleyes:
 i know each of us has his or her own idea of what's fun, but if this is all that's fun, then you could save your 15 a month, and do this to the drones. :D heck, i think i'd rathr run into a bunch of gangtards, as at least THEY fight.

gotta go before i puke on the monitor
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 01:05:24 PM »
Now now, cease fire on flaming. This thread is not for measuring E-peen, it's to use as a tool for some people that are trying to learn BnZ. The reason I post these films is to help out those that willing to search for and help themselves.

When I first started the game, about 5 months ago no one really help. In fact I remember asking for help with turn fighting on the forum and one of the reply I got was, "Why don't you go learn that for yourself." I was willing to learn, but I couldn't find the help. As a new guy, I was okay with getting shot down 10-20x in an hour, but it wasn't cool to look up to some of the high speed guy for some advice to get smack in the face and be told you suck. The first 3 months in the game I spent maybe 15-20 hours a month in the game because I was bored of getting airborne and die right away. I spent tons of time reading the help forum, and all the help site. Literature can only do so much, it can paint a picture of how things are done. It doesn't replace visual aid or a conversation with someone that knows it.

Fortunately I stick to the game, eventually I linked up with Widewing and had him help me out with stall fighting. I played AW for 3-4 years prior to AH so I had a good understanding of ACM, but I just couldn't figure how the planes were programs, how the gunnery work, how the models were etc. I just had to readjust to that. After a good 4 hours practicing and learning what Widewing taught me, I was able to use it effectively against other players. It was a significant step because it allowed me to able to see what I was doing wrong when I duel with other players. I got spanked by Messiah1 a buncha time to his k4 hax reversal, but eventually I think I figured out how to break that maneuver. I was able to do all that after a 4 hours sessions learning with Widewing. Without his help, I don't think I'd last long enough against other good players, to actually see what I was doing wrong.

To recap, this thread is intended to help other players that are searching how to BnZ. If it does not suit your flying style, then please try to hold your flame back at the door.

Yenny
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:14:31 PM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »
i really can't do much more than just shake my head.....
the few occasions i fly buffs it's kinda hard fighting off the boredom. i cannot even begin to imagine it in a fighter, flying for an hour, and no fight. flying for an hor, droping into a furball, nail a con that's involved with another bogie, climb back up and think to myself  ""dam i'm good!!" fly for another hour while i wait for the guy chasing me to run low on fuel and leave me alone because i can't bnz him. rearm, rinse and repeat :( :rolleyes:
 i know each of us has his or her own idea of what's fun, but if this is all that's fun, then you could save your 15 a month, and do this to the drones. :D heck, i think i'd rathr run into a bunch of gangtards, as at least THEY fight.

gotta go before i puke on the monitor

Truthfully I think you are out of line. Just because he doesn't fly the way you think he should is no reason to flame him. He is trying to help those that have asked for pointers. This is the help and training section of the bbs, after all he is trying to help. You are doing what now? Next time maybe you should ask yourself. How am I contributing to this community, what can I do to teach people to be better at what ever it is they enjoy doing in this game? Just because you can post doesn't always mean you should.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 01:18:23 PM »
I got spanked by Messiah1 a buncha time to his k4 hax reversal, but eventually I think I figured out how to break that maneuver.
Yenny

Lol, the only thing you have figured out is how to delay your imminent death!
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 01:22:57 PM »
Truthfully I think you are out of line. Just because he doesn't fly the way you think he should is no reason to flame him. He is trying to help those that have asked for pointers. This is the help and training section of the bbs, after all he is trying to help. You are doing what now? Next time maybe you should ask yourself. How am I contributing to this community, what can I do to teach people to be better at what ever it is they enjoy doing in this game? Just because you can post doesn't always mean you should.

yaknow...i have to give ya that one, and maybe an apology is in order. i just get sick of being picked all the time, then when i get to a co-alt position, the guy runs. i've tried bnz, rather unsucessfully..and like i said itbored me. i've hung around above the furballs, and cherry picked the cherry pickers. i've bombed, pretty much done and still do a bit of everything. if the bnz'rs continued the battle when they lost their advantage, then it would';t be so bad. one of the times i'mreferencing, was a ponyB V a p38J. i think that woould have actually been a good matchup.

as far as contributing, i offer advice whenever i can, whereever i can....look in other threads here. i'm all too happy to offer help from my limited experience, ESPECIALLY if it's going tohelp me find a good fun fight.

anyway, i do apologize if anyone took insult to my previous post.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 01:25:31 PM »
Now now, cease fire on flaming. This thread is not for measuring E-peen, it's to use as a tool for some people that are trying to learn BnZ. The reason I post these films is to help out those that willing to search for and help themselves.

When I first started the game, about 5 months ago no one really help. In fact I remember asking for help with turn fighting on the forum and one of the reply I got was, "Why don't you go learn that for yourself." I was willing to learn, but I couldn't find the help. As a new guy, I was okay with getting shot down 10-20x in an hour, but it wasn't cool to look up to some of the high speed guy for some advice to get smack in the face and be told you suck. The first 3 months in the game I spent maybe 15-20 hours a month in the game because I was bored of getting airborne and die right away. I spent tons of time reading the help forum, and all the help site. Literature can only do so much, it can paint a picture of how things are done. It doesn't replace visual aid or a conversation with someone that knows it.

Fortunately I stick to the game, eventually I linked up with Widewing and had him help me out with stall fighting. I played AW for 3-4 years prior to AH so I had a good understanding of ACM, but I just couldn't figure how the planes were programs, how the gunnery work, how the models were etc. I just had to readjust to that. After a good 4 hours practicing and learning what Widewing taught me, I was able to use it effectively against other players. It was a significant step because it allowed me to able to see what I was doing wrong when I duel with other players. I got spanked by Messiah1 a buncha time to his k4 hax reversal, but eventually I think I figured out how to break that maneuver. I was able to do all that after a 4 hours sessions learning with Widewing. Without his help, I don't think I'd last long enough against other good players, to actually see what I was doing wrong.

To recap, this thread is intended to help other players that are searching how to BnZ. If it does not suit your flying style, then please try to hold your flame back at the door.

Yenny

ok...based on the next post down, i do apologize.
i do find it hard though to believe that you couldn't find help? i've never been refused when io've asked. i go to the TA, or DA, and find someone willing. helll...i suck, but if someone asks me i still will offer whatever i can.......

anyway...sorry dude
<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"