Author Topic: How to BnZ  (Read 2602 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: How to BnZ
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 01:34:53 PM »
I haven't watched the film and won't but I'll just say this;  While there is a place for BnZ tactics in the game if that's all anyone ever did I would have left years ago out of boredom.

For those that want this to be a learning experience, go ahead and learn from it what you can but don't do so at the expense of learning acm.  It's much more rewarding winning a hard fought battle against someone of equal skill than it is landing your ten easy picks.  I still remember fights from 12 years ago.  I don't remember a pick from yesterday.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 01:37:32 PM »
I haven't watched the film and won't but I'll just say this;  While there is a place for BnZ tactics in the game if that's all anyone ever did I would have left years ago out of boredom.

For those that want this to be a learning experience, go ahead and learn from it what you can but don't do so at the expense of learning acm.  It's much more rewarding winning a hard fought battle against someone of equal skill than it is landing your ten easy picks.  I still remember fights from 12 years ago.  I don't remember a pick from yesterday.

i think you just said what i was trying to. you though, did it much more eloquently :aok

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 01:46:16 PM »
Cheers yenny, I will be watching with great interest. I want to stop your name popping up before "shot you down" :D

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
If you think about it, BnZing is almost like art. Everything has to be done right, to make somthing out of it. Of course there are m diffrent styles of picking, and I like Yenny's way of doing things. My way though, is a diffrent style of picking. When you watch my vid, you see that I do not look for the straight shot, I anticipate where that plane is going to break, and I pull a slight break with them, giving me that one, canopy shot that sends him to the tower.
My way works realy well at about 5K because you do not get as fast as if you were 10K.
Here is my D9 vid of me picking (and vulching at the end):
http://www.mediafire.com/?cwxz06uxcwt
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »
Flying pilot wounded and shooting vulchers down blacked out is a lot more fun than flying a formula!

http://www.ziddu.com/download.php?uid=YqqZnJ2mZrCampzzY6qZnJGlZ6eZl5utZA%3D%3D1

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »
Thought I'd point out Yenny doesnt just BnZ - a squaddie and I had some major fun with him and Rogent fighting it out low and slow - Yenny kept sending me home spanked lol..... :D

Was fun tho, and that, to me, is what makes this game so enjoyable - plus I learn something every time I go up (and down obviously)....

<S> Yenny,

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 11:37:43 PM »
That wasn't just "go learn yourself", it meant "make an effort, like all of us 190 tnb jocks did".  Because you didn't seem to be making an effort in the game.. Not as far as trying to get your hands dirty in knife fights with 1:1 odds anyway.

You were good enough to have the basic dogfighting acm down pat, but you were asking to be shown the ropes to get better still.. I'm not going to help out someone who will use that improvement in skills to do nothing but pick and avoid real fights.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:40:35 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 01:31:53 PM »
Now calm down m00t, you basically do the same thing as I do when it comes a long to picking and not wanting to die. We all know in fighter mode we both try not to die, where in attack mode it's okay to die. We can judge this by looking at our scores. The majority of people do this, when they r in fighter mode they are a bit more timid. I've catch you running a few time, and that was you're probably in fighter mode.

Only different is the majority of my time spent 80% + is contributed to fighter mode, compare to your 20% of time in fighter mode. I mean all you really do is wait til the area is ripe, get in your uber bnz plane and bnz for that 20% to bank your "ranking". That's fine, however you play suits you.

The majority of my time flying the game I spent it with my squaddie. I enjoy this aspect of the game more then the air combat itself. I enjoy working together to take over bases, because it's something that involve teamwork within a squad. You guys shouldn't judge people playing the game the way they want. I mean it's fine to be like sunfan to take an f4ud fly into a big horde of 20 people mission on an air field solo, and try to get a few kills before he get shot down. However, the problem is crying about it. If you're gunna try to solo flight into a group of 20 planes expect to be shot down if you're low and slow. It's cool that army of muppets prefer the combat side of the game, but take in consideration of other people that enjoy the game differently. There are a lot of guys who just like buffing, probably because they can't get their frame rate pass 15 to play fighter.

Just because it's pixel plane doesn't mean one should treat it like one and suicide, ram etc. It takes the fun out of the game when people doesn't care about bringing the plane back home, it opens avenues for careless play such as ramming, bailing their buffs after dropping its eggs etc. Realistically a lot of thing can't be accurate, such as yanking 7G and turn your head around to check your six. There are certain aspect of flight that just can't be capture by a simulation. AH does a pretty good job at promoting teamwork and giving each country a piece of turf to defend. That's what I like about AH. There are a lot of games out there that have more realistic game play such as IL2s, etc, but it doesn't have as much of the teamwork and the countrymen mentality that AH has.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 01:55:26 PM »
Now calm down m00t, you basically do the same thing as I do when it comes a long to picking and not wanting to die. We all know in fighter mode we both try not to die, where in attack mode it's okay to die. We can judge this by looking at our scores. The majority of people do this, when they r in fighter mode they are a bit more timid. I've catch you running a few time, and that was you're probably in fighter mode.

Only different is the majority of my time spent 80% + is contributed to fighter mode, compare to your 20% of time in fighter mode. I mean all you really do is wait til the area is ripe, get in your uber bnz plane and bnz for that 20% to bank your "ranking". That's fine, however you play suits you.

The majority of my time flying the game I spent it with my squaddie. I enjoy this aspect of the game more then the air combat itself. I enjoy working together to take over bases, because it's something that involve teamwork within a squad. You guys shouldn't judge people playing the game the way they want. I mean it's fine to be like sunfan to take an f4ud fly into a big horde of 20 people mission on an air field solo, and try to get a few kills before he get shot down. However, the problem is crying about it. If you're gunna try to solo flight into a group of 20 planes expect to be shot down if you're low and slow. It's cool that army of muppets prefer the combat side of the game, but take in consideration of other people that enjoy the game differently. There are a lot of guys who just like buffing, probably because they can't get their frame rate pass 15 to play fighter.

Just because it's pixel plane doesn't mean one should treat it like one and suicide, ram etc. It takes the fun out of the game when people doesn't care about bringing the plane back home, it opens avenues for careless play such as ramming, bailing their buffs after dropping its eggs etc. Realistically a lot of thing can't be accurate, such as yanking 7G and turn your head around to check your six. There are certain aspect of flight that just can't be capture by a simulation. AH does a pretty good job at promoting teamwork and giving each country a piece of turf to defend. That's what I like about AH. There are a lot of games out there that have more realistic game play such as IL2s, etc, but it doesn't have as much of the teamwork and the countrymen mentality that AH has.

Yenny you are so wrong on so many levels, im privlaged to have m00t as a squaddie and a friend, and I have never ever seen him refuse or turn down a fight even when outnumbered. Like last night i was flying with him me in my 109 him his 152 and we fought the horde from bellow constantly avoiding bnzs hoes etc. Ill post film if you wish. !52 is hardly uber the plane has more twitches than anything. M00ts got skill and you can learn alot from him as i have.

just change your attitude
ps im always in fighter mode
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 03:03:53 PM »
m00t = good fight everytime!  <S>

yenny = all BnZ, nothing to back it up when he loses his initial advantages.  at least from the times i remember killing him.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »
Again perspective, maybe you haven't been picked by moot as often since you guys usually are on the same side. I usually fly D9, if you can force me in a tnb yea, I'll give ya fight. Other then that I'll stay fast. I have no problem getting down and dirty in D9, I've done it many times, but only when I have to. As for moot running from me when I take my LA-7 up hunting down pickers, you bet it had happen.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:52:10 PM by Yenny »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 03:54:02 PM »
I flew against him plenty in a privately arranged group duel in the special events arena.

I don't think he was BnZing at all in the 109s and I know for sure that he wasn't BnZ in the TA152 which blew my mind.  I struggled to turn and roll with him in a 38.

Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 04:01:21 PM »
I think the point folks are trying to make Yenny, and I was saying it to you the other night in the MA, is that for many of us there is a greater challenge of trying to get the absolute most out of our bird of choice, instead of just flying it the way that is 'safest'.  

That night the only time you 'engaged' was while I was turning with someone else.  You blew in from up high in the D9, picked, and blew back up high and never took a chance.  I'd have been frustrated if I was the guy on your side that was actually fighting the guy you picked.

Your comment was, "I'll come back in a Spit'.

That misses the point and in my mind points to a bigger concern with 'living' in a world where we don't really die.  If you love the D9, then get the absolute most out of the D9.  Find the edge you can ride in it.  Fight in it down low and see what happens.  Test your own abilities instead of just staying 'safe' in the one way you feel comfortable in.

That's the beauty of this being a game.  The only risk we take is that our cartoon airplane might get powdered now and then.  We won't die though, so it's hard for many of us to understand not taking the risk, because thats where the challenge is and the reward.

I think what you also miss, is that most of us 'furball' type flyers, can also fly 'safe'.  In a Scenario where 1 life matters, you bet I'll fly different, and I promise you that the time spent 'furballing' and testing the limits of my 'plane' and myself, sure pays off when that 'life' does matter.

But it's your dime, and you have to have fun however you choose.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »
But anywho, let's lay off on the flames. I still want this thread to be informational for other BnZers. It's kinda not fair for some to knows and some not to knows=)
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline GrimCH

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 04:17:46 PM »
Thread should be named " How to pick" or "How to steal kills"

:huh

GR!M
(MotleyCH Tour 66 thru 100)