Author Topic: AH Training Squad  (Read 4495 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: AH Training Squad
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2008, 03:42:14 AM »
Greetings all...

I just got in the door from a business trip and will sort through the list and post some clarifications and information very soon.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2008, 03:47:50 AM »
Rolex welcome back :)

Offline GRSnow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2008, 12:18:45 PM »
Welcome back.

Offline gsr2009

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2008, 05:57:24 PM »
would love to get in on this. thankyou GSR2009

Offline Engr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2008, 11:26:04 PM »
Swoose was kind enough to post a message for me as I was not near a computer. I then had trouble getting logged on. Finally got it all straight tonight. I would very much like to participate.
Engr

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2008, 07:35:37 AM »
Simaril: Is this intended to be an orientation and skill development course, primarily intended for less experienced players? Or, is it going to also help guys work on MA style combat skill development, even if they've played the game for a while?

The answer is probably a little of both, Simaril. More experienced players may have to suffer through some parts they already know, but there is a lot of ground to cover. I will leave that up to you. My only request is that people who plan on continuing through the entire cycle take the slots available.

Here are some further clarifications:

I make no judgment that one style of play is better or more "elite" than another. The game is what it is and offers what is does. People should be able to enjoy whatever parts they have an interest in - fighters, bombers, attack, gvs, etc. More than 50% of our time will be flight training and air combat. The remainder will cover other aspects of the game and gameplay.

1) Unfortunately, it's not possible to offer all things to all people. There are some reasons for doing this as a squad (instead of open sessions on a tuned channel) that may not be obvious, but are important. So, if you are unable to join because of other squad obligations, or are reluctant to change countries during the training cycle, this training squad is probably not for you. This will not be just a series of clinics on Tuesdays, it will include questions and answers whenever the members are online.

2) A big thanks to all the folks who have offered to help with this. For this first training cycle, members of the AH Training Corps will be the primary trainers, but I reserve the right to ask people with particular expertise to assist. ;)

Here is the current roster (ty fuzeman <S>)

4deck
4Fox
A8Thumpr
boildown
CaptFish
ENGR
flatiron
Flatbar
GRHalo
GRSNOW
GSR2009
gusman44
Ihranune
Joker
kingbird
kitt
Luft
Ponyace
potNpans
Serenity
SEsniper
Simaril
swoose
ThundaJB
usvi
WedgeJRV

26 at this point and we'll stop at 29 members.
If I've scared anyone off, please let me know. ;)
I will update this list until our first muster in the training arena on Tuesday, June 10 @10 pm EDT

Note: If you see me online prior to Tuesday, please contact me and I'll send an invite.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »
Thanks, Rolex.

At first glance I was afraid that a more basic course might not be for me -- since I've played for several years and pretty much know where my weak spots are in fighters (gunnery and staying on the right side of the envelope).

But after consideration, it's looking pretty exciting. The depth and challenge of fighter work has absorbed my attention almost exclusively, so this course will help me enormously with GV work, buff gunning, and other areas. I'm really looking forward to it.

<S>
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline GRDOC72

• Zinc Member
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2008, 04:17:32 PM »
I would like to be included

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2008, 04:43:49 PM »
I'm in,may not be ab;e to make it every time though

Offline Ponyace

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2008, 04:46:36 PM »
Ok, i have permission from my squad leader to join. However, i wont be able to make the first night, but i will make the rest.
Gatore
Formerly "Ponyace"

Offline steverdok

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2008, 04:48:09 PM »
 i`m in...let me know when i need to be there...;-)

Offline WESSLEY

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2008, 04:50:11 PM »
i would like to be one of your trainees
*********Keep The Wind At Your Tail********

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2008, 05:21:54 PM »
Please include your game name if different than your BBS user name.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2008, 09:09:22 PM »
Hajo also offers his help, mornings and anytime Sundays and Mondays.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 09:11:01 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »
Glad to help out in anyway I can. Switching sides isnt an issue but I cant resign from mine without dissolving a "wing". I also wouldnt want to take spot from anyone. One place I can probably help out if wanted is with A-20 specific training if/when applicable. It's a great dual purpose plane that can be both an effective air to ground platform and a suprisingly formidable air to air opponent when flown to its strengths.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson