Author Topic: Will Israel attack Iran?  (Read 2786 times)

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
Re: Will Israel attack Iran?
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2008, 03:36:53 PM »
I suppose the references to bible prophecy were inevitable in a thread about war in the middle east though it was not my intent to induce them. I believe Israel will attack Iran's nuke development sites eventually, maybe sooner rather than later. Of course no one knows for sure what Iran's response will be, not even amadmanjihad himself if he is still in leadership. More important perhaps than Iran's response will be Russia's and China's reaction to an Israeli attack. We do indeed live in interesting times.

Good point-Nobody know's what either Russia or China will do...They've been pretty quiet about this whole thing.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2008, 06:40:07 PM »
to you people who believe this world when it says "there is no God"  i pity you, for you follow Satan and will inherit his cup!!
for he is the GOD of this world!!

Your not giving me a choice there bro.How samaritain of you....I choose to follow neither.

its not me, there is only one way to salvation, 

lets see with out looking it up,
 " i wish you were either hot or cold, but because you are lukewarm i will spew you out..."

here is a real easy one

"for Yahaveh so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever BELIEVES in him, should not parish but have ever lasting life..."
all it takes is FAITH and BELIEF.

you do have a choice, we all have a choice, for me its quit easy!!
but than again when you have felt Yahaveh in your heart, and felt his spirit, LOL so very easy!
   i admit sometimes i wish someone would just put a gun to my head and tell me to denounce Yahaveh or die, than i would not have to live in this very messed up world.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
Cirkey!
We cannot even talk about Israel here on the boards without getting into a Holy War. :uhoh
Kinda makes you wonder if we all wouldn't be crying "JIHAD!" if we were living next door to it as well... :rolleyes:
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2008, 11:30:08 PM »
I wouldn't of thought Israel has the military capability to pull off a one hit punch on Irans Nuclear facilities, seems too many targets spread out over a vast area. A single tactical strike in Iraq or Syria is one thing. Full air campaign is another.

If it's time for Iran to be put in place with a strike then so be it, but it could only effectively be done by a super power. In reality it would be a disaster for the Middle East and for world economies if it did take place.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2008, 11:34:18 PM »
I wouldn't of thought Israel has the military capability to pull off a one hit punch on Irans Nuclear facilities, seems too many targets spread out over a vast area. A single tactical strike in Iraq or Syria is one thing. Full air campaign is another.

If it's time for Iran to be put in place with a strike then so be it, but it could only effectively be done by a super power. In reality it would be a disaster for the Middle East and for world economies if it did take place.

<S>...-Gixer

I'm inclined to agree with you that a strike won't help oil prices or the world economies. However, Israel is more concerned about surviving than the price of gasoline.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2008, 11:55:20 PM »
I'm inclined to agree with you that a strike won't help oil prices or the world economies. However, Israel is more concerned about surviving than the price of gasoline.

Yes I agree but is a nuclear strike by Iran 100% guaranteed to take place? Of course no one wants to gamble such a terrible scenario but at the same time a strike on it's facilities isn't any guarantee either, at best put them back a few years at worst speed up their development for a guaranteed strike in self defence.

Middle East including Israel has always been a mess, even more so under Bush's polices since his "axis of evil" and "mission accomplished". Sooner we can be rid of the dependency for Middle East oil the better, of course that might be 20 plus years away.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2008, 12:21:13 AM »
Israel probably isn't capable of delaying Irans program by much, let alone destroying it.

They might be able to get one attack thru but even that is questionable. They would have to fly thru a lot of hostile territory with conventional aircraft, would have to refuel, would have to attack numerous targets, and probably would have to go back and do it all again.

The reality is the Iranians learned from the attack on Iraqs Osirak reactor which is why they dispersed their program and hardened many of the facilities. They also have a much more sophisticated air defenses then Saddam had, featuring the Russian Tor-M1 system. They arent yet in a position to defeat a determined attack I dont think but the window is closing.

And with several dozen high priority targets they would have to hit you really begin to wonder if the Israelis could pull it off. That is without using their own nuclear weapons.

To seriously damage Irans program it would take a sustained air offensive on the order of shock and awe. I believe Irans air force and air defense assets would have to be destroyed first. And only America could sustain such an offensive.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2008, 07:14:11 AM »
Israel probably isn't capable of delaying Irans program by much, let alone destroying it.

They might be able to get one attack thru but even that is questionable. They would have to fly thru a lot of hostile territory with conventional aircraft, would have to refuel

I'm stunned i'm on an aviation realted board reading people who think this kind of stuff......

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »

I'm stunned i'm on an aviation realted board reading people who think this kind of stuff......

Stunned as how, If I might ask?

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2008, 10:08:28 AM »
Stunned as how, If I might ask?

for starters........not understanding that the usa supplies airborne re-fueling to the israeli air force.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »
for starters........not understanding that the usa supplies airborne re-fueling to the israeli air force.

Yes...but it takes more than just tankers. It would take larger numbers of aircraft, MANY more, to hit all the targets' needed to halt/slow any Iranian weapons' program. Plus, these strikes would most likely be the longest-ranged operations ever undertaken by the IAF. The Osirak strike was at the limits' of their range unrefueled; This will be twice as far, roughly. Also, SAR for any downed pilots will be problematic, at best, unless maybe they can make it out and get picked up in the Gulf, or perhaps make it to Iraq, since it's under friendly control. With U.S. cooperation, they could probably stage out of Iraq, but where this puts us, or Maliki's gov't., in relations to Iran, is a different thing.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2008, 10:28:56 AM »
Yes...but it takes more than just tankers.

I said...that was ONE example...and a prime exampe at that.

It would take larger numbers of aircraft, MANY more, to hit all the targets' needed to halt/slow any Iranian weapons' program.

Iran's command and control, and power grids would be down in three days...they have ONE oil refinery..it's huge..but there is only one.
the country would be in stand-still mode in 72 hours.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:32:34 AM by ZetaNine »

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2008, 10:41:01 AM »
Only if neccesary.

It would be a huge challange to hit all the enrichment sites in the large nation.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2008, 10:43:04 AM »
Only if neccesary.

It would be a huge challange to hit all the enrichment sites in the large nation.

you don't have to hit them all.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2008, 10:45:59 AM »

you don't have to hit them all.
why leave any capability.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.