Author Topic: Adjustment to Scoring (idea)  (Read 8569 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: Adjustment to Scoring (idea)
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2008, 06:51:07 PM »
I'm not sure what you're insinuating about me personally. But, your perspective of what the MA is like nowadays is very different than mine. If you are being honest in this thread, and not just playing devil's advocate, then you honestly don't think there's more rampant milk-hording going on and less actual fun furballs than we used to have...I'm not sure what map you're looking at but it isn't the same one we are...

I'm not insinuating anything. I think I was pretty clear.  There is milk running going on but to suggest it's somehow running rampant is bunk. There are plenty of fights going on in the arena. I'll ask you again:  Where is the community uproar that there aren't any fights to be had?  

You want to change the way people play the game because you don't approve of it.  This is the bottom line.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:52:49 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2008, 06:53:41 PM »
AKAK, appearently that has no bearing if you're preoccupied with how everyone else is getting their score. 

I really do not want to get under anyones skin, but the word armchair general comes into my mind. I think it's a fine line between a mere suggestion and imposing ones views on others despite what they themselves might feel, and I also feel this thread has stepped over that line.
Be advised zazen that some people like to milk-horde, you and I might not be one of them, but why take away from their fun if you can simply move to a different part of the map, and have your kind of fun?
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: July 30, 2008, 06:59:36 PM »
So you want to dictate how these milk-horders play.  I see.  I'm completely against any further restrictions/ rules that funnel gameplay in a particular manner.

So how would this "dictate" how they play? It would be their option if they choose to vulch a guy on the runway or if they waited till he was in the air. The only diffrence is they aren't "rewarded" for the first.

Much the same as Fighter mode and Attack mode. If you fly in fighter mode and choose to shoot at GV's you don't get anything for it other than a landed kill but it doesn't count toward your score. In Attack mode you do get credit for it. So while in fighter mode you have the choice to kill a GV or not but you aren't rewarded with score in doing so. (why I have no clue but it would be the same idea here)

Field ack was added to stop vulchers much the same as Flacks. It's obvious vulching has been a problem in the past or these things wouldn't have been added. The vulching is still a problem and this is a simple way of dealing with it that takes very little away from the game. You still have the option to vulch or not vulch you just wont be rewarded for doing it but rather rewarded for killing aircraft in the air.

Seriously man what is so bad about that? You are so dead set against it so why don't you explain why.. How will it affect the game is such a bad way that you are so dead set against it? Saying you don't want any changes made isn't a answer.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:03:17 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »
Aren't you guys in the same squad?  :rofl
Crockett, but what's so bad about taking some time to get up from a different field, if your ultimate goal is to NOT reward those tards above your airfield?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:05:17 PM by saantana »
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2008, 07:03:53 PM »
I'm not insinuating anything. I think I was pretty clear.  There is milk running going on but to suggest it's somehow running rampant is bunk. There are plenty of fights going on in the arena. I'll ask you again:  Where is the community uproar that there aren't any fights to be had?  

You want to change the way people play the game becuase you don't approve of it.  This is the bottom line.

I'm going to simply agree to disagree with you here. You are trying to drive a wedge between what you think I personally believe would be best and what is best for our beloved game. In actuality they are one in the same from my perspective. I'm a pretty logical and analytical person, I have never been one to advocate moving the mountain to me, when I can just move myself to the mountain.

Like you, I personally have absolutely no problems killing in the MA, never have, never will. But, my individual K/T or any other stat is by no means, proof positive, gameplay could not be improved for the better. In fact, I would go so far as to say it could always be improved and the community has a responsibility to brainstorm and assist in making that happen, just like we are doing in this thread. I have about 379 ideas right now how this game could be vastly improved. I am sure HTC is equally invested in improving the game into the indefinite future. There is never a point where we have "arrived" in terms of game development, it's an ever-evolving process that seeks to dynamically marry player and design in a seemless and fun way.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:06:51 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2008, 07:04:01 PM »
So you want to dictate how these milk-horders play.  I see.  I'm completely against any further restrictions/ rules that funnel gameplay in a particular manner.
Well, not only that....

I don't buy the "flawed argument" thing one bit.  Once it would become common knowledge that you get a mulligan if you get shot down in the first 30 seconds, lots more people will be willing to try to up from capped fields.  As I said the real estate guys will react with scortched earth, and possibly a bigger horde (like we need more of either).  Guys like me who are willing to sometimes tag along with the real estate guys will have no reason to do so anymore (nothing to fight/shoot at).  

On the furballing side of things, I spend quite a few logins only flying out of 1 field to an enemy field, furballing somewhere in between.  Sometimes the fight moves over my home field.  (Just Sunday night I spent about 10 minutes as the lone airborne friendly providing bait to all the WW guys, and landed when we ran out of enemies.)  Sometimes it's over the other guys home field.  Now if I've been furballing for an hour in the same area, and we push them back to their field.  Who the hell are you to judge my gameplay when I am more than happy to vulch the same ******** that have be cherry picking or ganging me for the last hour?  To put it politely go pound sand.  Worry about your own game and get your damn nose out of mine.  It's already balanced enough over an enemy field that the defenders can be back in one minute while the attackers take 5-10 minutes to get back there.  I commonly get pommeled because I survived all my friendlies near an enemy field and can't egress.  That's not at all a complaint just a fact of the dynamics.  But if you want to change the dynamics so that more people will be willing to defend, then you might as well forget fighting near a field at all unless you plan on leveling it ASAP.  In the end I see this hurting, not helping my enjoyment of the game.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »

People in the same squad have to agree on everything and refrain from intellectual debate? This isn't a bar fight, this is a discussion... :lol
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2008, 07:05:21 PM »
I really do not want to get under anyones skin, but the word armchair general comes into my mind. I think it's a fine line between a mere suggestion and imposing ones views on others despite what they themselves might feel, and I also feel this thread has stepped over that line.
Be advised zazen that some people like to milk-horde, you and I might not be one of them, but why take away from their fun if you can simply move to a different part of the map, and have your kind of fun?

How is anything imposed on you.. It's your choice to do it or not you just don't get rewarded if you do under az 30 second limit. The choice in the end is still yours and you make the choice.
"strafing"

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »
How is anything imposed on you.. It's your choice to do it or not you just don't get rewarded if you do under az 30 second limit. The choice in the end is still yours and you make the choice.

Let me rephrase it.
Who are you to give me choices? I like it the way it is.
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »
Crockett, but what's so bad about taking some time to get up from a different field, if your ultimate goal is to NOT reward those tards above your airfield?

What is so bad about waiting 30 seconds or getting no score?
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
Let me rephrase it.
Who are you to give me choices? I like it the way it is.

HiTech is the one to make the choices, I simply put the idea in to public view.
"strafing"

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »
What is so bad about waiting 30 seconds or getting no score?

Again.. why are you telling me to wait or not to wait??
I just don't think you get the point. I do not want to listen to you in terms of how I score my scoresheet.

Again.. if you want to defend the field, spend some time like I did to come from a different base and shoot me down.

Quote from: crockett
HiTech is the one to make the choices, I simply put the idea in to public view.

Thats okay.
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2008, 07:15:01 PM »
Side note related to this topic and "time delays"

Anyone remember when HTC implemented the thing where dropping bombs then augering within 10 seconds those bombs didn't count?

Is it my imagination, I know it was talked about a LOT and thought they tried it... if they did is it still in effect?

I like this idea, but at the same time wonder if "time delay" things have or will work out.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2008, 07:19:15 PM »

Anyone remember when HTC implemented the thing where dropping bombs then augering within 10 seconds those bombs didn't count?

Is it my imagination, I know it was talked about a LOT and thought they tried it... if they did is it still in effect?

Was never implemented.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2008, 07:19:46 PM »

I like this idea, but at the same time wonder if "time delay" things have or will work out.
It was discussed at the con and on the boards, but was never tried.