Author Topic: Question for those that vulch 2nd accounts to gain rank  (Read 7419 times)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Re: Question for those that vulch 2nd accounts to gain rank
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 02:10:08 AM »
Is Biggamer Axer?  If so their "dad" will be along shortly to explaIN how his "boys" are honorable players and don't do anything of the sort and how they are not allowed to partake in the BBs.

I wish I had a screen shot of me and some of my squaddies flying against Biggamer in the MW after FSO last week.  He was talking so much smack after suffering his first two deaths of the tour--if he'd been my kid I would have sent him to bed sans dinner and had a discussion about sportsmanship.  If I'd known he was pulling this stuff, I would have probably hung around to shoot him down some more.  I'm afraid unless the perpetrators themselves have the guts to post in this thread, we'll truly never know. Then again, even if they do post, we'll probably never understand...
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2008, 02:14:20 AM »
oh well Skuzz with most likely lock this thread and deal with them kids
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2008, 03:18:02 AM »
From the other thread started by Skyrock http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,241112.0.html   we now have our "corpus delicti".....yourfup.

The charge is "Willful premeditate score whoaring in the first degree".  Guilty or not guilty?

When the power's to be finally erase their score I hope it's done on the last day of this TOD.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:46:46 AM by LYNX »

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2008, 03:50:31 AM »
Keep scores but make them private.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2008, 07:50:44 AM »
What does one gain by vulching a 2nd account to gain rank?  Does having your name on the main page every month mean that much to you?  Is it that important to feel accepted by this community that you will engage in activity that this community frowns upon?  Does it give you a warm and fuzzy feeling everytime you log on you see yourself ranked #1?  Does it bother you that you had to basically cheat your way to the top?  Does it bother you that the community thinks lowly of players like you?

I'm curious to see what guys like Biggamer and Dextur would like to say on this subject, maybe we'll have their 'friend' yourfup pipe in too with his thoughts.

ack-ack

Having flown in the MW arena last week a few times, somehow this doesn't come as any suprize. Biggamer and his band of merry Rooks relish in their conquest of bases (undefended) Upon questioning BG and his gang of cartoon sidekicks what the point of "winning the war" against an non-defending populous was, the replies, mostly slaptalk and insults, were, looslely stated..."cuz we can...deal with it dweeb."

Oh yeah, that's challenging game play...hehe.

btw...why would HTC allow a cpid like yourfup to exist? Seems rather obvious what the name implies.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2008, 08:07:43 AM »
I suspect the people involved in these kind of gamey antics are children and trying to figure out what their reasoning is, is pointless. Kids will be kids, simple as that.
If these people are grown men, well I just hope this game is not their only ambition or source of recognition in life, for that is truely a sad way to exist. And if it is, they can have #1, because they need it more then I do.
I'm ranked #1 here at home. That's the only score that matters to me. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2008, 08:11:07 AM »
Your kidding yourself if you think that these pethetic guys are doing it for the UBER rides, its all about getting their names in lights and legend.....

:salute to the REAL pilots out there.

Spot on here !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2008, 08:21:42 AM »
That was what I was thinking until in another similar post some one posted a link to cash rewards for top ranked players. Now I don't know if this practice still goes on but for the squeakers this to me would provide a great incentive to game the game.

That was the "Demon Seed" that has grown into the "Score Monster" that we see now. Prior to that, the mention of score(s) was mostly unheard of and meant as little back then, as it does now.

Even tho there is no cash involved anymore, it brought some sort of credence and validity to being #1 ... and now, players will do things that AKAK has pointed out, to get their name on the HTC homepage, thinking that it will bring them some sort of "elite fighter respect" amongst the AH community.

Respect and and being tagged with "elite/good fighter" is acquired through word-of-mouth, not a web page.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2008, 08:57:25 AM »
Why couldn't I PM them?  Because it was a general question for those that engage in this practice.  I, for one, am curious why someone would basically cheat in an pathetic attempt to gain accolades from the community.  Since both of these players do engage in this activity, I felt that maybe they could shed some insight into this so the rest of us in the community could understand their motivation. As for speculation, that would be the case if there wasn't any evidence to support what I've posted.  Since there is evidence, there is no speculation but rather cold hard facts.

ack-ack

I understand it's a general question, but like I said, no idiot that does this will come on here to explain why They do it. The speculation i am refering to is the speculation from others as to these types of peoples motive. I am not disputing they don't do it. I am sure your a big boy and could come up with 10 different reasons why they might be doing this. I know I could, and I wouldn't need the help of others to to give me any possibilities why these guys do such a lame thing. I am just saying if you wanted to know why these two actually do this, you should PM them and ask them. Better chance of a responce then bringing it here, since you stated you wanted to know why they do it. I just highly doubt they will pop on here to explain it to the whole world. So to me unless you hear it directly from the horses mouth it's all speculation as to why they do it. 

Anyway I hope you understand what I mean, I do agree with you as far as it being a lame thing to do, I just feel that if you really wanted to know why they do it, ask them directly, cause I just don't think lamers like this will answer your question on the bbs for the whole world to see.  :salute Ack Ack
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:59:35 AM by SFCHONDO »
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2008, 09:02:35 AM »
Shaming them is a good tatic.  And lots of fun to read about too!
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »
Shaming them is a good tatic.  And lots of fun to read about too!

I AGREE, no arguement here   :D

He should of just done that to begin with then....LOL
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Online Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2008, 09:32:33 AM »
biggamer has 27 kills on yourfup midwar yourfup all in b24`s
biggamer has 31 kills on yourfup latewar yourfup 12 in b24 2 niki and 17 panzrs  :rofl

dextur has 2 kills on yourfup midwar yourfup b24
dextur has 28 kills on yourfup your died 11 b24`s 1 niki 16 panzrs  :rofl

both guys have same latewar kills on this shade
wonder if they split the cost :huh

meanwhile yourup has 0 kills on them
further prove scoring system is fubar

How do we find out the head to head kill stats we have?
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2008, 09:33:59 AM »
I AGREE, no arguement here   :D

He should of just done that to begin with then....LOL
He did, wake up and smell the coffee, it's been brewing since page one. :rolleyes:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2008, 09:36:20 AM »
He did, wake up and smell the coffee, it's been brewing since page one. :rolleyes:

I am still on page 1 ... go to "Profile" and then "Look and Layout" and you can change the number of posts per page ... I changed it 100.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »
How do we find out the head to head kill stats we have?

I guess you skipped right over this post ...

AH scorepages. Killstats in an expanded format. Select "player vs" "player". (Of course you have to know who you are looking for)

If I remember right, it doesn't used to work with firefox though...
SlapShot - Blue Knights