Author Topic: WE'RE GETTING THE T34/85!!!  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Re: WE'RE GETTING THE T34/85!!!
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2008, 07:34:15 AM »
Of course it is. Point, click, boom. Lots of skill there.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

so?  :rolleyes:

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2008, 08:21:52 AM »
T-34/85 did not have upgraded armor to the T-34/76. It carried a new turret, and one of two varieties of 85mm gun. The 85mm was comparable to the 88mm in most ways, able to kill Tigers (including King Tigers) and Panthers with relative impunity.

The drawback was the lack of armor, which it tried to make up for with speed and superior maneuverability, as compared to the Tiger I or King Tiger. It was comparable to the Panther Ausf A and D.

Waffle...it looks great so far, but you gotta lose the muzzle flare at the end, and the fuel tanks on the T-34/85 were cylindrical barrels located on the sides of the rear hull. The boxes on the back of the T-34/76 are only relevant to the T-34/76 Mod 1940.

(Image removed from quote.)

The smaller cylindrical objects you'll see on T-34/85 are tanks for laying smoke screens. The contents were dumped onto the exhaust.

Here's a model I did of a T-34/85:

Otherwise, it looks great and I'm happy to see it in the game, thanks for you work!

J

Im a model junkie myself, the one you made is just awesome!!
 :salute

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2008, 08:45:06 AM »
so?  :rolleyes:

How is that at all entertaining?
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2008, 08:58:35 AM »

With the number of gvs around I would say that it is very entertaining. I doubt they do it cause they get payed  ;)

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Re: HTC
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »
Dunno if I said this yet, but please consider new types of GVs.. Not just regular tanks, but GVs with new functionalities, like the Sdkfz251 was :)
Support GVs like a big slow defenseless cargo truck with either rockets or two field supplies to balance its vulnerability, or mobile arty like the M7 Priest or Wespe, or turretless tanks like the Sturmhaubitze 42... stuff that adds new gameplay like these.  Towed artillery to let players shell from a distance with the help of a spotter (e.g. a jeep), or set up ambush on tank offensives would really be great.
Yeah that would definitely be a great add on to the game, have a towed Howitzer and use a forward observer to put shells on targets like towns or hangers from long distances.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »

It is entertaining in the fact that, as a whole, Aces High encompasses different forms of fun for everyone.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »

Up, kill a guy, turn around, die. Be mad about death, up in Lghey, speed through furball at full speed, die. Grab a picker's plane, sit on the edges and snipe people at 700MPH until out of alt, die.

Up, die, up, die, up, die.

Personally, I used to GV for the lack of downtime. Generally there isn't too much of a wait to get into a fight, and if someone's got a really good position and knows what to do with it, you actually need tactics and teamwork to get them out of it. That is, unless some flyboy gets tired of it and decides to bomb them to kingdom come.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2008, 11:12:02 AM »

Obviously you don't do GVs very much, or you're not that good at it, or else your only experience with GVing is to show up at one of the slugfests where people spawn in right next to the enemy spawn and just sit there and shoot until they die.  Try actually attacking enemy cities and bases and dealing with enemy tanks coming out to meet you.  That can be pretty fun.

Last night I killed Senneca's Tiger in my T34 with its crappy gun by maneuvering so that I had a hill between me and him as he came out to meet me.  I kept an eye on him from the commander's periscope until I could tell which way he was going to go around the hill.  I then hurried up and drive around the hill the other way and got behind him and shot his turret out with an HVAP round to the back left quarter of the turret.  Another HVAP round into his engine from about 75 feet away killed the motor, and then it took two or three more point-blank HVAP rounds into the most vulnerable parts to kill him.  That was a pretty fun fight, and he responded by bringing out another Tiger.  I got two or three shots into his turret before he killed my turret, because I couldn't get behind him this time, and my T34/76 gun with HVAP round couldn't penetrate the front armor of his turret even at point-blank range, so I died.  Apparently you never get into any really fun tank battles, because there's a lot of timing, SA, listening, anticipating, etc. when fighting in hilly and wooded areas, or in a town with buildings and whatnot.

Last week I held around 10 guys in the tower at a small airbase with my T34 because the VH was dead and from my spot on the runway I could kill planes upping at either end of the runway and the spawn hangar.  After about a dozen aircraft kills I was joined at one end of the runway by a wirbel, so I only had to cover the spawn hangar and the other end of the runway.  At least ten enemy kept trying to up and we blasted them frantically, turning from runway to hangar and back and firing just as fast as your little crappy auto-loader could get a shell in.  Finally the VH spawned and like a dozen guys upped tanks and slaughtered me within seconds.  I had like 30something kills.  A day later I did the same thing, only this time I made it into the burning VH before it respawned and killed like 20 tanks before a Tiger upped and I couldn't kill his turret before he got turned around and blasted me.  42 aircraft and tank kills, and I had the entire base locked down for like 10 or 15 minutes.  Good times, man, good times.

For all the "point, click, boom" critics, I suggest you spend some time doing tank attacks against ground resistance and see if you can figure out a way to do better than the average guy who just thinks it's about "point, click, boom". 

And if you don't, then ok, it's your $15, you can play how you want.  But it's ignorant to criticize or mock those who find the tank game in AH to be interesting.  I happen to be one who quite likes it, along with all the other aspects of the game.

All I can say is T34/85 - HELL YEAH!

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2008, 11:25:09 AM »

Last night I killed Senneca's Tiger in my T34 with its crappy gun by maneuvering so that I had a hill between me and him as he came out to meet me.  I kept an eye on him from the commander's periscope until I could tell which way he was going to go around the hill.  I then hurried up and drive around the hill the other way and got behind him and shot his turret out with an HVAP round to the back left quarter of the turret.  Another HVAP round into his engine from about 75 feet away killed the motor, and then it took two or three more point-blank HVAP rounds into the most vulnerable parts to kill him.  That was a pretty fun fight, and he responded by bringing out another Tiger.  I got two or three shots into his turret before he killed my turret, because I couldn't get behind him this time, and my T34/76 gun with HVAP round couldn't penetrate the front armor of his turret even at point-blank range, so I died.  Apparently you never get into any really fun tank battles, because there's a lot of timing, SA, listening, anticipating, etc. when fighting in hilly and wooded areas, or in a town with buildings and whatnot.

I fell asleep towards the end of the first sentence.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2008, 11:28:22 AM »
I think that reflects upon you more than tank combat.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2008, 11:30:14 AM »
I think that reflects upon you more than tank combat.

:rolleyes: No, I just get bored when people talk about tanking around.

Nothing worse than hearing some GVer on range talk about how he has been hiding behind a tree for 5 hours waiting for someone to come past him.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2008, 11:34:30 AM »
:rolleyes: No, I just get bored when people talk about tanking around.

Nothing worse than hearing some GVer on range talk about how he has been hiding behind a tree for 5 hours waiting for someone to come past him.

Oh dont pay attention to that. There are pickers out there who will wait until they run out of fuel before they pick-n-run.  :D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
What would be great is if HTC could coad at least some part in the middle of TT to be random.  Every arena reset, the ground clutter/buildings would be different.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »
I love taking M8s out and hunting Panzers.
If we had the M18 I would take it out and hunt T34s and Tigers

Offline Baitman

• Nickel Member
      • Strike Manufacturing Inc.
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »
What would be great is if HTC could coad at least some part in the middle of TT to be random.  Every arena reset, the ground clutter/buildings would be different.

Very good Idea :salute
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"
You can be one but NOT both...

Fully Fledged Practising Atheist Bishop