Author Topic: fantastic ~ beautiful size 16 gal crowned Miss Surrey  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Re: fantastic ~ beautiful size 16 gal crowned Miss Surrey
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 10:16:39 AM »
I don't buy the BMI crap, sorry.

At 64"  (162.56 cm) and 220 lbs  (100 kg)  THE BMI charts (and those of the US ARMY) both said "too fat" or obese.  I spent half of my military career getting my body fat percentage checked at weigh-in time.

Truth is, I was top 5% of my company in physical fitness tests, and had a resting heart rate of 68 BPM.  

Obese?  You decide (again from a picture)

(Image removed from quote.)

Muscle weighs more than fat so your weight would be higher than the average person because you look you've got a decent amount of muscle mass. BMI is just a guide for average people. If you're above average you will not get accurate results. This is why I never care how much I weigh, muscle mass would make me heavier even I had lost fat. 

In the case of the 16 year old girl I suspect that this would no be an issue.  :lol

No, it is not . Obese is classification for a certain level of weight over a normal BMI.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah excuses excuses blah blah blah blah blah.

Being obese is being fat, period.

You have got to be joking. What part of the medical definition of a word you're using is an excuse? Do you often adapt your own definitions of words? Don't be silly.
Being obese is fat? Astute observation! Of course it's fat. Obese is FATTER than fat.

[edit: toned down to escape skuzzification]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:23:43 AM by Xasthur »
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 10:19:21 AM »
I am not skinny by any means but at the age of 46 I look better than have the "kids" I see roaming the malls. I exercise 5-6 days a week and eat healthy for the most part.  Beer being my biggest vice.

It scares me to think that being obese has become the norm and an acceptable part of society. Working in a hospital I see men and women hospitilized weighing in at 600 or more pounds.  Bariatric surgery is the fasted growing field in medicine today. Have we just reached a point where willpower and selfcontrol has been thrown to away to be replaced by pills and surgery?  Obesity related health problems dominate our health care system.

To make matters worse these people often end up  on Medicare  because they can't work anymore and are now a burden on society.  YOUR tax dollars hard at work.  :mad:

Bingo!

My thoughts exactly, worded in a more 'sensitive' manner.

Well said, Skyeho. Very well said.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 10:24:35 AM »
Seriously, though.  If one tries to eat healthy, and exercise, but still has big hips, a big ass, and ample breasts, what do you do?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-557329/Size-16-Miss-England-hop-Chloe-checks-competition-bikini-photoshoot.html
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Skyeho

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »
Bingo!

My thoughts exactly, worded in a more 'sensitive' manner.

Well said, Skyeho. Very well said.

That was my response before the beer.
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »

BMI is intended to serve as an indicator of obesity in a SEDENTARY population for statistical purposes. It was never meant to provide a diagnosis of obesity in an individual person and even then, doesn't apply to non-sedentary individuals.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 12:05:26 PM »
Seriously, though.  If one tries to eat healthy, and exercise, but still has big hips, a big ass, and ample breasts, what do you do?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-557329/Size-16-Miss-England-hop-Chloe-checks-competition-bikini-photoshoot.html

From your link. Says it all really.

Chloe told Hello: "I'm a size 16, I eat well, I exercise regularly ? I jog, swim, and work out with weights.

"What I am promoting is a healthy girl who looks after herself and doesn't try to force her body to be something its not."
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2008, 01:43:23 PM »
I just hated all the "charts" in the Army, period.

When I was an active duty soldier, it was a gross inconvenience.   It was obvious that I was in-shape and physically fit with regard to the Army standards, but I always had to wait in the "you may be fat, let's test your body fat percentage" line, also.

IMO, a "good" test is a physical fitness test.  If one is out of breath from minimal activity of normal everyday things like climbing stairs, walking to the store, etc., then that might be a good indicator.

I know some fairly "thick" women who are just that....."thick"  They play sports, exercise, eat healthy, and still are broad in the shoulders, big-chested, wide-hipped, and have some junk in the trunk.  

I DO agree that being lazy, and sedentary is not good.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2008, 02:23:52 PM »
If we're gonna talk hot "big girls" then lets talk hot big girls...

Ms. Surry needs to get some orthodontics done...

now these girls are hot...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2008, 02:31:59 PM »
you guys crack me up.. I bet you can't wait for socialized medicine so that you can nag and nanny your fellow citizens with health issues...

Oh wait..  most of you holier than tho guys are already from places with such a system...

they just did a study that said that fat people are often more healthy than skinny ones.

nothing you can do about those teeth tho since she is from a country with socialized medicine.

lazs

Offline Skyeho

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2008, 02:44:43 PM »
Well, that convinced me ..... not. 

It is about healthy, not fat or skinny.  There are extremes in both cases.  :rolleyes:
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2008, 02:58:40 PM »

At 64"  (162.56 cm) and 220 lbs  (100 kg)  THE BMI charts (and those of the US ARMY) both said "too fat" or obese.  I spent half of my military career getting my body fat percentage checked at weigh-in time.

Truth is, I was top 5% of my company in physical fitness tests, and had a resting heart rate of 68 BPM.  

Obese?  You decide (again from a picture)

Hard as a coffin nail, by the looks of things  :O

As for miss surrey, i dont care that she is a bit chunky, she just doesnt have an attractive face for me, and she really does have rabbit teeth.

But...that said....good for her, for being brave enough to even enter the competition.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »
I'm guessing Lazs isn't talking at me for once  :O... as I'm fond of the "bigger" set. 

Healthy is healthy... end of story.  :aok

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »

Your personal experience?

Yup.

My wife when we first hooked up was Not too skinny not too chunky. Most of the guys here would have considered her body HOT.

Now...Not so much.

Obviously there's more to it then just the body as we are still together after 25 years in spite of all our troubles.

But it is both my exerience and observation that most women look good and maintain themselves when they are younger.
Then basically let themselves go to crap.
Not that I look like a greek god either.
But I dont let myself get too out of shape tot he extent many, if not most women do.

If there is one poetic justice in the world its that men usually age much better then women.  :rock
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2008, 04:10:28 PM »
men dont always age better than women, the fact is a 'rough' looking man can still be attractive...ya know...rugged good looks or whatever. where as females tend to be more attractive when they are smooth and clear.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2008, 04:11:17 PM »
I completely agree. I thought she was fat for a young woman but for a 16 year old girl? She's drastically overweight.

Provided she doesn't have any health problems that cause her to gain weight despite her best efforts to eat well and exercise, she is a just a lazy pig who doesn't eat right. I don't want to be harsh and I'm certainly not suggesting that all women need to be stick-thin super models but there is thin, healthy weight, fat and obese. She's fat and she'll only keep going that way. Weighing that much at that height and age could only make you lethargic and even less willing to be healthy. The "f-k it, I'm already fat" attitude sets in.

Projecting this fatness to be a good standard is not only pathetically lazy, it's a health risk. 16 year old kids should be as fat as middle-aged, post children women.

I'll be honest, I think projecting this as a desirable standard (as they are by having her in a beauty pageant) is disgusting. There is no excuse for an otherwise healthy 16 year old to be that fat. It's stupidity, bad parenting and laziness and it should not be encouraged, let alone idolised.

Aggreed. She's a 16 year old with the body of as 45 year old.

My own pesonal prefrence for women is varied. From thin. but not bone skinny, to a few extra pounds, even a little chunky depending on the girl and everything in between.

Unless your 6 foot+ tall a size 16 is a Big girl I dont care how old you are.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty