Author Topic: WMLute  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Re: WMLute
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2008, 10:13:54 PM »
I hope HTC will be kind enough to put your account on a hold until you are able to rejoin us.  Thankfully, you are alright :salute
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline lotus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 12:12:15 AM »
HB555 - 

Oh I truly understand the importance and the addiction to the virtual skies - I have been exposed first hand of the withdrawls that Lute has gone through when he has been without a joystick or without net or having tech issues with his pc - it is not a pleasant experience - he gets twitchy and cranky if he doesn't have his fix - I would liken it to a junkie not being able to score. 

In the past I have spent many a night, sitting next to him while he flew - when any other chick would have complained and whined "aren't you about done?", "when are we gonna leave?", or "pay attention to meeee!" - I actually enjoyed watching him get into furballs. Not too many women would sit and watch an eight hour online flight tournament on a Friday or Saturday night and not get irrated.  (He's so lucky to have a gal friend like me!  :lol )  I know much more about WWII aircraft and flight terms than I ever imagined I would - thanks to Lute.

So, please don't take it the "playing airplane" as an insult - it is not meant to be.  I realize there is some skill and talent involved - I have tried to fly, and I can't get the stinkin' plane off the runway without crashing.  So, I while I stick to playing with my beads and fabric (jewelry making and sewing) - Lute and the rest of you continue to dodge the puffy ack defending your bases - and all is good.  :aok
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 12:14:52 AM by lotus »

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 12:16:41 AM »
Lotus,
No offense taken.
Many "pilots" would kill for a gal pal like you.
My wife, for instance thinks "playing airplane" is only one step up from hanging out in bars and chasing women.  :lol
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 03:49:40 PM »
Donation on the way.

Does Lute by any chance live near Seattle?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 03:52:04 PM »
Donation on the way.

Does Lute by any chance live near Seattle?

If my memory serves me right, he's in Missouri.   Of course, he told me this about 4 years ago so I could be way off.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline lotus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2008, 06:34:04 PM »
He is now actually in PA.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 12:27:53 AM »
Funny sidebar, of all the things I grabbed that I thought I HAD to have, I grabbed not only my joystick, but my backup joystick.

So even though I do not have most of my clothes, zero kitchen items, furniture, sheets, towles etc, etc... by gosh I have two SideWinder Precision Joysticks to fly with.

Gotta love it. 

It's a shame about the hardship, but glad to hear you'r ok.  :salute

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 01:08:24 AM »
Very glad to hear you are pretty much OK Lute, sounds like you have one heck of a 'keeper' for a Lady friend there too :)

-GE aka Frank
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 06:05:12 PM »
He is now actually in PA.

this is a bit late, but i was locked out for a bit......

should he be anywhere near philly, i'm just on the jersey side of the bridge, and will gladly offer any help i can in moving things, or even if he needs some clothes, i have some that were going to go to one of the charities.

i haven't flown with him in ah, but i do remember him from aw2 or 3......

if he needs anything i can help with, pm me, and i'll make arrangements.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
I believe lute told me he was 6 foot 3, maybe a internet "I am Stud" thing, but if you are and he is that size, I am sure he would appreciate it.  Like all the rest of AH, his GF(lotus)  is the contact person.....hope it works out. :rock
It's not vulching, It's FIELD SUPPRESSION

Offline lotus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2008, 09:50:01 PM »
Lute should have reliable net in a few days - to be able to get back with you all.  I think he was going to rig something up tonight so he could get on - he said he needed to fly. I hope he is able to so he isn't twitchy tomm because I will be going to see him to see what he needs and help get him grounded and organized a bit. I can't wait to see and make sure he is okay. 

You have all been so kind and generous with your words, thoughts, and charitable gifts.  Again - he is very fortunate not only to be safe and live to tell of the blaze, but also to be part of a truly amazing supportive group.

with much appreciation and respect -   bless you all - Lotus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some side notes -

teufl - lol - no "internet stud" thing - he really is 6'3" - seems even taller standing next to me - 5'1" - lol

Grayeagle - I'll take that "heck of a keeper" compliment - thanks!

Offline lotus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2008, 10:25:36 AM »
just got to Lute's - got smacked on the head right at the door cause I shorted him an inch - he's 6'4" - my humble apologies for that mistake - now I have to go make nice with him

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »
lotus, next time your over at Lutes and he's flying, when he goes afk light up a stick of incense and put it behind his computer.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2008, 01:01:49 PM »
Or even better when he is AFK  play with the plane alil bit  let the red guys get him<S> :t

Offline teufl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2008, 11:13:02 PM »
You know GONZ was 6/4  maybe you be gonz?  Million AIRE?