Author Topic: Preprosterous IL-2 Accusation  (Read 4696 times)

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Preprosterous IL-2 Accusation
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2008, 05:32:07 AM »
dont post screens of my shade acc! especially when you take my chat out of context. Afterwards I said YOU DONT HAVE A GF/JOB/REAL LIFE FRIENDS etc

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2008, 05:38:51 AM »
I wonder what was the purpose of trying to sensor the name out of the pic when it can still be read quite clearly  :huh

On my PC the name is unreadable.  I thought I had done an adequate job of shielding this chaps identity and to a degree his honour.

For me it's not so much this individual it's the whole thought process or rather lack of it, that leads the ill-informed to jump to conclusions.  Conclusion derived by ignorance as patently defined here. 

In real life I don't suffer fools lightly, as the proverb goes.  I also don't take kindly to virtual slander being as I am one of the most honest players in the game....granted that's my choice and playing style.  However, by slamming this particular individual I wouldn't be addressing the bigger picture, hence my "failed" desire to afford this chap a messure of anonymity.

If this screen shot highlights ignorance and irrational thought perhaps the next bunch of guys will at least think before banding around the "C" word.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 06:07:39 AM by LYNX »

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2008, 07:50:27 AM »
Lynx is one of the few guys whos very,very good in every platform. GVs, bombers, strike aircraft, fighters, ship guns...the entire gamut. There are a few others, but only a handful who can boast this kind of cross platform skill set. Thing is most guys specialize in one or two things and thats it. I remember I had just bombed a field in 26s and was fleeing for my life at 12k from a field with more red on it then an Irish all girls choir. Who do I see coming the other way?, towards the field only at 6k alt, but Lynx.

I warned him theres more red ahead then a Vampires reunion buffet and he replied, "no problem mate thanks for the warning". I was new to the game so I figured this guy was dead as fried chicken, then about 15 mins later I see the scroll "Lynx lands 6 kills in a B-26 of blind bats".

Now that I fly in his squadron I can honestly say nobody can bomb GVs better then he can. In fact he can do it all at a very high level and unlike a lot of score guys He's always going into heavily contested airspace, and often at a disadvantage.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »
I've never used stick scaling with my X52. I've never had a nose bounce issue.
Oh and LYNX :rofl...:aok you know you're doing it rioght when you get the PMs :D

stick scaling is a must

:salute lynx
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:34:42 AM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline matt22

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2008, 11:55:32 AM »
I cant say i like the new gun package it makes panzers use less in TT i see a bonch of tards fliying around takingout turrets in there il2s :mad:
u frjro3ia2kfrjgt keifuoerfjjfjgkgj a0,[q wid

Offline ScatterFire

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2008, 01:01:58 PM »
Heh.

Lynx killed my GV a couple of times, while diving right into my sites.  And I know exactly why he killed me instead of the other way around......

I suck  :cry
Scatter1:
With bullets of rubber and armor of tissue I throw myself at my enemy.

Law of Devine Intervention:
All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touchhole of your musket.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 01:44:54 PM »
I've never used stick scaling with my X52. I've never had a nose bounce issue.
Oh and LYNX :rofl...:aok you know you're doing it rioght when you get the PMs :D

Your accuracy in shooting indicates you speak the truth when you said you never used stick scaling. Maybe you should consider it?  :O
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2008, 03:15:03 PM »
I hate the new IL-2. Now even LYNX :confused: is getting kills in it. Usta be that ya needed a little skill to kill everything with an IL-2.

You can't be serious.

Serious on 2 out of every 3 sentences. :) That's a pretty good percentage, right?

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »
I cant say i like the new gun package it makes panzers use less in TT i see a bunch of tards flying around takingout turrets in there il2s :mad:

Panzers were useless before, if there was an IL-2 driver around that knew what he was doing.

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »
Serious on 2 out of every 3 sentences. :) That's a pretty good percentage, right?

:aok
"Hello, Newman."

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2008, 09:10:31 PM »
Your accuracy in shooting indicates you speak the truth when you said you never used stick scaling. Maybe you should consider it?  :O
Ya know you could have something there, I think I'll give it a shot :aok
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2008, 09:21:24 PM »
the IL-2's are going down just as fast as before,  theres just more of them right now after the update. :aok
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Newman5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2008, 12:04:34 AM »
I have also wondered if this new gun package on the IL2 will bring the Ostie back more.  Think about it, the IL2 is tough and takes a lot more 20mm hits than a standard plane.  Perhaps with the Ostie it would take less hits to bring it down?  Plus those 37mm have better range.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:14:59 AM by Newman5 »
"Hello, Newman."

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2008, 02:47:21 AM »
The only aircraft I've ever seen take more than one hit from an ostwind and fly off have been lancaster bombers and the Il-2
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline GrimWulf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2008, 12:07:05 PM »
I have also wondered if this new gun package on the IL2 will bring the Ostie back more.  Think about it, the IL2 is tough and takes a lot more 20mm hits than a standard plane.  Perhaps with the Ostie it would take less hits to bring it down?  Plus those 37mm have better range.

Newman, honestly, I doubt it. With the caliber (no pun intended) of players that are mostly online now, they equate volume of fire with destruction potential. Without fail, 90% of the time that I bring an Ostwind out for base Defense or Offense, I get at least 1-2 people asking why I am driving that "Outdated, slow firing, POS." I guess like most things I see in the game right now, some people would rather spray 1,000 rounds and pray that through shear volume of fire, maybe hit 1 target, instead of taking the time and practice to learn the slower firing Ostwind, and fire 5-10 rounds, and take down a hardened target, such as the IL2 or the B25, from twice the range as the Wirblewind.
"Know that I am the one you seek. I am the one born to rule, destined to conquer. Let those who fear me follow me. Let those who oppose me die! For I am the GrimWulf, and this I command!